Burnley VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday Nov 28th 2pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let’s hope we get a reaction after yesterday. But more like a bunch of headless chickens than professional footballers.
What? Why would you want a reaction that is more like headless chickens than professional footballers? I want the opposite - professional footballers, actually caring, trying and behaving professionally for a change. Goodness knows why you'd want headless chickens instead. :/

I am confident we show you and dominate like the second half against Leeds. Best XI will be playing, they will be up for it.

The game-play will be the complete opposite of the Leeds game...... Complete opposite ends of the spectrum tactically speaking.

Lloris

Emerson Tanganga Dier Davies Reguilon

Hojbjerg Skipp

Lucas Kane Son

That's all there is...... I just hope the energy levels are where they need to be as there'll be nothing on the bench we can count on to make an impact....... Maybe sub Bergwijn on for Emerson at 80mins if we're not winning.

Burnley will sensibly try to rough us up, bypass the midfield and pressure our back-four at every given opportunity..... Our CBs will need to have a particularly good day.

The game-play will be the complete opposite of the Leeds game...... Complete opposite ends of the spectrum tactically speaking.
Burnley will try changing it but we can force our way to play. It will be slower of course but that doesn’t change the fact that I think we dominate.

Burnley will try changing it but we can force our way to play. It will be slower of course but that doesn’t change the fact that I think we dominate.

I expect exactly the same game we've encountered in our last 3 or 4 visits to Turf Moor(*)..... An absolute bastard grind of a game where, even if we clock up 70% possession (which these days I"m not sure we're capable of!); our CBs will have to graft long and hard.

So long as the result bears out in our favour; I'll be happy.

(*Turf Moor FFS! aka a grassy grass place...... Even the name of the ghastly place is utterly un-inspired and attritional!)

Last edited:
Scarlett fit again yet? Recall Etete?

Not kidding...

Bench the bad vibes (Kane, NDombele if he is), any way Conte can, get his fall guy to accidentally fall onto Kane in the canteen...

Form aside, we defo need some big cunt in the area for headers in this game (at both ends).
Definitely in defence, but in attack isn't that kind of playing into their hands? Whoever we play in attack isn't going to get much change from their cbs in the air, but on the ground we could cause them more trouble.

I was initially joking but this could be the ideal game to drop Kane and go with Son and Lucas directly up against their cbs, but lack of depth means that's not likely, Kane will play by default and probably be anonymous unless he manages to locate the other 50% of his arsedness...

Let’s hope we get a reaction after yesterday. But more like a bunch of headless chickens than professional footballers.
I’d love to be able to get a sneak peak at our starting line up for the opening game of next season, because Conte isn’t going to go into next season with half these planks….

Levy has to be worried, if he ever thought Conte could turn some of these boys into actual footballers (which 2 previous managers failed to do) then he needs to think again….
It’s never a good idea to replace too many at one go, so I really hope January is very pro active for us, start the ball rolling as they say, even if it’s mainly selling, 3 out 1 in kind of thing, and then go for the big targets in June, not August/Sept but JUNE……

Conte has a job on his hands….

Back
Top Bottom