Burnley VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday Nov 28th 2pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As usual, several teams have done us a favour on the Saturday, safe in the knowledge that we'll cock it up on the Sunday.

COYS

----------Lloris-----------
-Tanganga-Dier-Rodon-
-Royal----------Regulion
------PEH----Skipp------
---Moura----------Son---
-----------Kane-----------

I have historically defended Davies but right now I don't see what he does that grants him starting position. Would rather give Rodon a chance.

Of course looking at how he plays and how our attacking play looks like, I would rather see us bench Kane and use Moura---Son---Bergwijn/Gil up top but this does not happen anyway.

-Tanganga-Dier-Rodon-
-Royal----------Regulion
------PEH----Skipp------
---Moura----------Son---

I have historically defended Davies but right now I don't see what he does that grants him starting position. Would rather give Rodon a chance.

Of course looking at how he plays and how our attacking play looks like, I would rather see us bench Kane and use Moura---Son---Bergwijn/Gil up top but this does not happen anyway.
That side makes me want to self harm. I don’t watch football to see a load of cloggers try and grind out a 1-0

This two DM approach has to go, especially with three at the back. It’s grim. Swap Lucas and PEH for Ndombele and Gil

-Tanganga-Dier-Rodon-
-Royal----------Regulion
------PEH----Skipp------
---Moura----------Son---

He’s played well under Conte. Left footed, aggressive and has tried to join the middle and final third at times

Leeds had multiple top players out as well and we were dominated by them in the first half and needed luck to beat them. Its nice that we get to play a weakened team but even with that it will be struggle with how bad our squad is right now.

The fact is that we are going to be starting garbage like Dier, Davies, Moura and potentially Winks and Sanchez as well shows just how terrible the team is.
The difference is that Leeds are actually pretty good and they play a very difficult style. Sometimes it backfires on them and other times it keeps them in games no matter who they are missing. If we come out against Burnley like we finished against Leeds, we win by 3.

The difference is that Leeds are actually pretty good and they play a very difficult style. Sometimes it backfires on them and other times it keeps them in games no matter who they are missing. If we come out against Burnley like we finished against Leeds, we win by 3.

Leeds are not that good at all, especially when they are missing both Bamford and Raphinha.

We didn't really finish well against Leeds at all but got lucky. If we play like we did in the 2nd half against Leeds against Burnley my guess is that we end up with a draw.

Now Conte has had a look at all players available to him he will now know who he cannot play anymore and who he can rely on.
He isn't stupid and he hates losing, so hopefully we wont be seeing Dele, Sanchez, Doherty ect play anymore unless we have no choice whatsoever

Now Conte has had a look at all players available to him he will now know who he cannot play anymore and who he can rely on.
He isn't stupid and he hates losing, so hopefully we wont be seeing Dele, Sanchez, Doherty ect play anymore unless we have no choice whatsoever

I think that is going to be the problem until January, especially with injuries to Romero and GLC.

If he is playing his preferred 3-5-2 he has to play at least two of Dier, Davies, Sanchez, Rodon with Romero out. None of them are good enough and yet we will have at least 2 of them in. If he doesn't like Tanaganga who is the only decent CB we have available then he could be forced to play 3 of those useless duds.

In MF he has Skipp and nobody else with GLC out. So that means playing Ndombele who doesn't care, Moura who is dog shit, Winks who is awful and/or PEH who isn't good enough especially if paired with Skipp.

Leeds are not that good at all, especially when they are missing both Bamford and Raphinha.

We didn't really finish well against Leeds at all but got lucky. If we play like we did in the 2nd half against Leeds against Burnley my guess is that we end up with a draw.
To be fair Leeds probably played the best they’ve played all season against us, they did have a good game

I think that is going to be the problem until January, especially with injuries to Romero and GLC.

If he is playing his preferred 3-5-2 he has to play at least two of Dier, Davies, Sanchez, Rodon with Romero out. None of them are good enough and yet we will have at least 2 of them in. If he doesn't like Tanaganga who is the only decent CB we have available then he could be forced to play 3 of those useless duds.

In MF he has Skipp and nobody else with GLC out. So that means playing Ndombele who doesn't care, Moura who is dog shit, Winks who is awful and/or PEH who isn't good enough especially if paired with Skipp.
Got a sneaky feeling our old mate Winks is going to get the nod over Skipp , poor old Skippy had a mare on Thursday.
You are most correct regarding the centre backs, we are lumbered at the moment.

To be fair Leeds probably played the best they’ve played all season against us, they did have a good game

They were decent in the first half. although with Bamford and Raphinha in there I think they are likely 3-0 up as their play in the final 3rd was crap.

I thought they were pretty terrible in the 2nd half.

That side makes me want to self harm. I don’t watch football to see a load of cloggers try and grind out a 1-0

This two DM approach has to go, especially with three at the back. It’s grim. Swap Lucas and PEH for Ndombele and Gil

Ndombele and Gil were unable to hurt Mura, why would they be able to hurt Burnley?

Like it or not, the only attacking players we have that cause any sort of trouble for opponents are Kane, Son and Lucas. That's it. The rest are either so raw or so rubbish that they cannot compete with a Slovenian side. That's the reality of our situation. We only ever look like scoring a goal when those three players are in attack and we only look like we can defend when we have Skipp and PEH in the middle. We have no other good players right now.

It's incredibly limited in terms of creativity but the starting XI we've been using is the only one that gives us a realistic chance of winning a match, normally by one goal. Anything else will get beaten.

Ndombele and Gil were unable to hurt Mura, why would they be able to hurt Burnley?

Like it or not, the only attacking players we have that cause any sort of trouble for opponents are Kane, Son and Lucas. That's it. The rest are either so raw or so rubbish that they cannot compete with a Slovenian side. That's the reality of our situation. We only ever look like scoring a goal when those three players are in attack and we only look like we can defend when we have Skipp and PEH in the middle. We have no other good players right now.

It's incredibly limited in terms of creativity but the starting XI we've been using is the only one that gives us a realistic chance of winning a match, normally by one goal. Anything else will get beaten.
I don’t care, I can’t watch that shite. Put them into the 11 in a game that matters with a stronger back 5 and let’s gamble. I don’t watch football to endure Lucas trying to control a ball like a dog or PEH huffing about the pitch. Fuck that

Imagining thinking we played well against Leeds

Tbf he said ‘like we finished’. We were obviously diabolical in the first half but for 30 minutes in the second it was almost competent. Last 10-15 was pretty shit again.

But Leeds are properly rubbish right now (worse than Burnley) and the fact is we can maybe play well for part of a game at best, even against shit opposition,

Two DM's plus Lucas who contributes to the attack as much as a DM does has killed us this season.

Back
Top Bottom