Burnley VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday Nov 28th 2pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair plenty in North London have the same opinion.
Although most aren't getting that volume of social media likes about their journey to the game.
All a bit awkward now really 😂
I find the its awkward narrative frankly odd. The man did not tweet Kane he politely told him "that's not necessary ". That he was rightly critical of some poor performances render him what? A hypocrite? Its utter nonsense.
The pond life trawling through people's history are one of the reasons I want zero to do with Twitter

I find the its awkward narrative frankly odd. The man did not tweet Kane he politely told him "that's not necessary ". That he was rightly critical of some poor performances render him what? A hypocrite? Its utter nonsense.
The pond life trawling through people's history are one of the reasons I want zero to do with Twitter
I'm off Twitter myself for the same reason but he has said he's taking him up on the offer.
Personally I manage to attend games without looking for social media likes. That's ultimately what the Dallas couple wanted, and they've got more than they could have ever imagined.

I'm off Twitter myself for the same reason but he has said he's taking him up on the offer.
Personally I manage to attend games without looking for social media likes. That's ultimately what the Dallas couple wanted, and they've got more than they could have ever imagined.

Maybe that's why they booked the trip from Dallas in the first place.... ? ....In turn, I guess the snow storm just luckily played into their masterplan, right? :roll:

I think in general twitter 'likes' wankery is a load of bollocks, but those wanting to pile in on these two for tweeting about their holiday just look like miserable bastards to me.

They do it on here and Facebook

Pond life is very apt

Interesting set of complaints.

Just in case a few facts would be welcome:

1. Burnley have had undersoil heating since 2010 or possibly earlier.
2. It has been switched on since Wednesday.
3. It heats the soil, not the surface, so makes very little difference to snow.
4. The snow was not forecast in anything like that quantity. (If it had been, your team would have set off sooner in order to arrive on time.)
5. There is no advantage to Burnley in postponing the match so our suspended players will be back, because they just miss theWolves match instead. And none of the injured players are in the first XI.
6. The ref makes the decision, not the club.

I do like the idea of pitch covers, though. The question is when to place them and when to lift them? If the match is kicking off at 2 pm, and the snow falls from 12 noon to 2,30, when would be a suitable time to start removing the covers?

As for delaying the match by two or three hours, that's one you need to ask the PL about. Traditionally it has been thought to be unfair on fans to postpone less than an hour from kickoff, but if the majority of fans think that the game should not be postponed until say 3 hours after the kickoff time, then I'm sure it would be considered. I'm not sure all that many fans would be in favour of the idea of hanging around in the snow for 4 hours and then having it postponed, even if sometimes like today the weather would change and the ground become fit. I suspect the police and ground safety might have something to say as well.

I look forward to seeing you at the rearranged match! If it's January night match, we'll try and arrange a minus 7 degree frost. The undersoil heating will be fine, but the players will be bloody cold!
No one can agree with point 3 mate

No one installs it for heavy sunshine

No one can agree with point 3 mate

No one installs it for heavy sunshine
I think he's probably about right though. Undersoil heating is to keep the ground above Zero, so it doesn't freeze and become too hard to play on. It doesn't melt heavy snow at the same rate it falls.

That said, it's disappointing they couldn't just slightly delay the match and keep clearing the snow. Seemed feasible to keep on top of it down the road in Manchester.

I think he's probably about right though. Undersoil heating is to keep the ground above Zero, so it doesn't freeze and become too hard to play on. It doesn't melt heavy snow at the same rate it falls.

That said, it's disappointing they couldn't just slightly delay the match and keep clearing the snow. Seemed feasible to keep on top of it down the road in Manchester.
It has a go at melting it though … by virtue of stopping it freezing

Im glad the game was off. Players needed a rest as busy schedule coming up. No nonsense now v brentford and norwich.

It actually benefits us a lot, we will be fresh for Thursday where as Brendtford played yesterday and gives us more time to work on the training pitch, Burnley will most probably have their players back by the time we play them but we should improve in that time

There must have been quite a few fans that travelled to both the Mura and Burnley matches. What a bloody few days they had to put up with, they deserve a medal. Hopefully a couple of wins later this week will be just the medicine needed to lift their spirits. Respect to them all

Back
Top Bottom