Bury FC.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched this short documentary from the excellent COPA90 on Bury's demise at the time.

Not much I can say besides that's absolutely disgusting what happened to them.

How the hell was Steve Dale allowed to buy the club in the first place given the amount of companies he's been involved with being liquidated?

And then to have the utter gall to say after "I didn't know there was a club called Bury".

Then why the fuck would you want to buy it you utter asshole?

I dunno what's happened since to him, but he should not be allowed to have stakes in any business whatsoever.

13 directorships listed,

9 dissolved
1 dormant
1 in process of being struck-off (Terrapin Ltd)
2 in administration (Bury FC and Bury FC Leisure)

So not a director of any UK limited company anymore.

Likely he would be barred of holding any directorship for next 10 years or so

Really good news !

Bury are back - albeit restarting in lower leagues but under fan control

Fans picked up the keys to the ground yesterday - although a few obstacles still to be overcome, surely things cannot unravel at 11th hour.

Really good news !

Bury are back - albeit restarting in lower leagues but under fan control

Fans picked up the keys to the ground yesterday - although a few obstacles still to be overcome, surely things cannot unravel at 11th hour.

It'll never be the same. Too much politics between those that backed the phoenix club Bury AFC that formed in 2019 and those that didn't let go of the original club that never actually went out of business, despite losing their place in the football pyramid. Could end up with two clubs and be a very poisonous situation all round

It'll never be the same. Too much politics between those that backed the phoenix club Bury AFC that formed in 2019 and those that didn't let go of the original club that never actually went out of business, despite losing their place in the football pyramid. Could end up with two clubs and be a very poisonous situation all round

The 2 groups have to come together.

ATM the group who have bought back club, any trophies ..... and importantly the ground (or have exchanged contracts to do so) are in control. But there is no room for 2 clubs to play at the only ground in town.

Unless the 2 groups do come together the council have said they will not back the deal - so it all falls apart, and everyone loses.

Up to the 2 groups to be grown up and share positions on the new Board.

The 2 groups have to come together.

ATM the group who have bought back club, any trophies ..... and importantly the ground (or have exchanged contracts to do so) are in control. But there is no room for 2 clubs to play at the only ground in town.

Unless the 2 groups do come together the council have said they will not back the deal - so it all falls apart, and everyone loses.

Up to the 2 groups to be grown up and share positions on the new Board.
Completely agree. It certainly appears that it's going to take a lot for both parties to agree though. Ultimately it ought to come down to a vote of those that are AFC members, and you'd think the lure of Gigg Lane will bring it all together, but I can see there being a lot of animosity for years, with many fans disappearing forever.

It kind of reminds me of when Hereford, my local club, went bust. Even 7-8 years later there's feuding and the support just isn't the same

Ground purchase finally gone through, and the Bury fc and Bury AFC agreeing to come together ' we all want one club'

All sounds very positive atm

Since Bury's demise, a phoenix club, Bury AFC, has been set up.

They are currently ten points clear at the top of North West Counties League First Division North, having lost once all season.

Both fan groups have expressed the need for Bury AFC and the new Shakers to be fully aligned in the future.

Speaking to BBC Radio Manchester last month, Matt Pickup of Est 1885 said: "We want one club. All parties do, going forward.

"The working group we have with them (Bury AFC) has been positive and that's going to continue in the coming days and weeks."

He added that all parties were working on a target of football returning to Gigg Lane in August, in time for the 2022-23 season.

UTS , now we are back.
Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

Back
Top Bottom