Bury FC.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doesn't help Bury, but it might stop the rot of other clubs being misused by wealthy owners plundering their assets either legally (currently) or otherwise

I could add to the list - for example the 40% commission paid to 3rd parties to get a multimillion pound loan was clearly neither commercial not in the interests of Bury FC is a detail, but the big one is to 'ring fence' the club from the owners (and their associates) other businesses, which maybe harder to do than say (as UEFA/FIFA find with the Fair Play rules with some large clubs, cough ManCity, PSG)

But the big item on the list is for the regulatory body to appoint a head of it who was the balls to deal with some of the owners/directors who are at best reckless and unbusinesslike in their management of the football club and sometimes worse.

I see sky sports new little darlings, Salford City, are splashing out.

Already been on the TV twice this season, Sky helping to sponsor them and can't be touched with FFP for two seasons as this is their first season in the league structure.

I see sky sports new little darlings, Salford City, are splashing out.

Already been on the TV twice this season, Sky helping to sponsor them and can't be touched with FFP for two seasons as this is their first season in the league structure.
I'm not saying Salford City shouldn't exist... they should...
But they've been around for half an hour, compared with the 125 Year history of Bury...

If the 'Class of 92' wanted to do something to help the local community, they coulda done worse than ploughing their money into a club whose stand bears TWO of their names! (NEVILLE NEVILLE!)

Remember the whole anti-Glaser FC Utd of Manchester nonsense...?
THAT woulda been the time to get behind Salford FC...
...rather than create yet ANOTHER North West club, who the likes of Bury, Bolton, Rochdale and Accrington Stanley have to compete with for local support!

Isn't having Man Utd and Man City in the vicinity enough to deal with??

Historically very few clubs go to the wall or are allowed to as someone always usually steps in at the midnight hour to recuse them; but I suspect that is going to change in years to come and many will fold completely as there are way too many professional football clubs in the country and all too many in small regions competing from the same support base - with all of the money in the hands of the few.

I haven’t read the thread and don’t know the outcome regarding Bury; but if they have gone they for sure won’t be the last.

Totally damning of EFL.

But merely reflects many of the posts earlier in the thread. EFL requires a major overhaul, just not fit for purpose on the regulatory side and lacks any decisive strong leadership to deal with the likes of the current and previous Bury owners.

Totally damning of EFL.

But merely reflects many of the posts earlier in the thread. EFL requires a major overhaul, just not fit for purpose on the regulatory side and lacks any decisive strong leadership to deal with the likes of the current and previous Bury owners.

Full text of the 3 page letter sent to EFL by Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee referred to in the tweet above.

Kind of puts into perspective a bit when we're constantly moaning about having one of the best-run clubs in the country!
Which is why you will not hear me moan about what we've been doing.

I've got mates who support a wide spectrum of clubs and every one of them has commented that they think we are possibly the best-run football Club that's not owned by a Sovereign wealth fund or a corrupt Oligarch.

Bury AFC, the phoenix club launched after Bury’s expulsion from the Football League, will begin life next season in the 10th tier of the English pyramid.

The North West Counties Football League has approved an application from Bury AFC for them to join the league next season.

Bury AFC, the phoenix club launched after Bury’s expulsion from the Football League, will begin life next season in the 10th tier of the English pyramid.

The North West Counties Football League has approved an application from Bury AFC for them to join the league next season.

Sounds like a long way down. From league status to “local” football.
Good luck to them. I hope there’s some fan involvement in the ownership or at least running of the club.

Sounds like a long way down. From league status to “local” football.
Good luck to them. I hope there’s some fan involvement in the ownership or at least running of the club.

With the number of followers they have, they'll shoot up those leagues you'd like to think. Good luck to them but they can at least look forward to promotion after promotion, a little silver lining to their grey cloud.

From what little I’ve read, they’re not associated with the old ground so will be starting from literally nothing. Don’t know if they’re just one of several groups trying to resurrect the club.

From what little I’ve read, they’re not associated with the old ground so will be starting from literally nothing. Don’t know if they’re just one of several groups trying to resurrect the club.

From what I understand from local media they are the only local club to play under the Bury name - no competition from Bury fc or other supporters groups who seem to have agreed Bury AFC is the best wat forward.

The old ground is the prize which I guess Bury AFC will try to get back to once the ground is no longer in the ownership of the old Bury FC under its old chairman Dale.

In the immediate future they will play wherever, and have secured a ground for next season - even though loyal Bury supporters mow the grass on the Bury stadium where no football is being played.

Viva Bury AFC - hope they do as well or better than Wimbledon AFC.

Just watched this short documentary from the excellent COPA90 on Bury's demise at the time.

Not much I can say besides that's absolutely disgusting what happened to them.

How the hell was Steve Dale allowed to buy the club in the first place given the amount of companies he's been involved with being liquidated?

And then to have the utter gall to say after "I didn't know there was a club called Bury".

Then why the fuck would you want to buy it you utter asshole?

I dunno what's happened since to him, but he should not be allowed to have stakes in any business whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom