Cameron Carter-Vickers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Made almost 90 appearances, mainly for Championship clubs by age 22 isn't a bad track record at all.

Now Tanganga has made his mark, think its too late for CCV to return to Spurs, but it maybe Poch never fancied him rather than anything else.

Think we could certainly try to squeeze £10m out of a championship or overseas club - might even be as a makeweight for a youngster we really want (eg Eze at QPR)

Hes a championship player

Made almost 90 appearances, mainly for Championship clubs by age 22 isn't a bad track record at all.

Now Tanganga has made his mark, think its too late for CCV to return to Spurs, but it maybe Poch never fancied him rather than anything else.

Think we could certainly try to squeeze £10m out of a championship or overseas club - might even be as a makeweight for a youngster we really want (eg Eze at QPR)

Yea, this game time thing was also my point. I was surprised he has played so much.

But I really doubt about 10 mil pricetag. If he'd be worth it, some club to where he has been to would have made some kind of offer.

Yea, this game time thing was also my point. I was surprised he has played so much.

But I really doubt about 10 mil pricetag. If he'd be worth it, some club to where he has been to would have made some kind of offer.

Difficult to assess but I think the fact that he has been getting game time at a few Championship clubs, with different managers to the extent of getting almost 90 appearances at age 22 means that whilst we think he may not be good enough for Spurs atm, he's definitely good enough for even top Championship sides and I wouldn't rule him out of making it back to PL at some stage in his career.

£10m might be an upper limit - but if for example we wanted a Championship player like Jarrod Bowen at Hull and they were happy with CCV I think we could see transfer values of £20m for Bowen and £10m for CCV (ie a net £10m for Spurs to get Bowen) and everybody is happy.....

Difficult to assess but I think the fact that he has been getting game time at a few Championship clubs, with different managers to the extent of getting almost 90 appearances at age 22 means that whilst we think he may not be good enough for Spurs atm, he's definitely good enough for even top Championship sides and I wouldn't rule him out of making it back to PL at some stage in his career.

£10m might be an upper limit - but if for example we wanted a Championship player like Jarrod Bowen at Hull and they were happy with CCV I think we could see transfer values of £20m for Bowen and £10m for CCV (ie a net £10m for Spurs to get Bowen) and everybody is happy.....

A bit like Onomah basically......

I assume we'll either sell CCV in the summer or he'll sign a small time deal and be loaned out to probably a League One club in the hope he succeeds and is bought permanently.

A shame it never worked out for him as I remember watching him against a superior Chelsea youth team and being the best player on the pitch.

Having spent the last three seasons developing his game in the Championship following his initial emergence onto the senior stage with us in 2016/17, the 22-year-old Academy product is thrilled to have a footballing achievement to go alongside his now vast amount of second-tier experience.

“I’ve really enjoyed it at Luton,” he said. "After the first three games after lockdown where we played Preston at home, Swansea away and Leeds away and picked up five points, that put us in good stead for the rest of the season.

" It’s definitely been a good experience for me. I’ve played a lot of games which has helped me personally, but it was also good to be out there helping the team. It’s a great group of boys there and I feel like they deserve to be in the Championship next season – to be able to go there and help them do that was great.”

So if it is a choice between him, Kim or Foyth, who gets the nod. I really worry Kim will not prove any better than either the other 2 and prefer all to not feature.

So if it is a choice between him, Kim or Foyth, who gets the nod. I really worry Kim will not prove any better than either the other 2 and prefer all to not feature.

Was just about to say we'll see no more of CCV here, but just checked his age.... Jeeez; he's still only 22!!! ....Seems like he's been here forever.

If we're talking about senior squad minutes then Tanganga needs to factor into that question too.....

- Foyth needs a loan; even if that's just to boost his price-tag up for an eventual sale.
- For different reasons, I think JT would benefit greatly from a loan too.
- Clubs outlook on CCV? Hard to tell... I still suspect loan or sale though.

Bearing all the above in mind, I tend to assume that the club wouldn't be bothering with KMJ unless they hoped he could contribute in the short-term (he's the oldest of the lot too).

He's done OK in pre-season. Passed the ball well and looked confident.
Did 90 minutes today. Would not be shocked if he was in the 2020-21 Spurs squad.

There is also piece on him at Football.London.

Seems the Luton fans were over the moon with him. And it is not bad at all if the relegation threatened side only loses 3 games out of 15 that CCV started.

Uncles a Hatter, he was purring about him when we had a family lunch recently, said everyone would love him at kenilworth road but he's on 3x their pay structures top level (20k he said he'd heard CCV is on, their top earned 6k I think he said).

Said he was a real calming influence on the whole defence and clearly levels above what they had.

Back
Top Bottom