Cameron Carter-Vickers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CCV is an academy player who has earned the club millions in loan fees.
He is championship quality at least and IMO he is EPL quality.
But my opinion is irrelevant because Spurs managers have not wanted him and have preferred Sanchez.

Thanks.
How Spurs have treated CCV and his acceptance is strange.
And how is it a loan in the supposed last year of his contract..which was due to end in 2021?
Anyways more money for the firm.
Gold figured it out
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Got to the bottom of the Cameron Carter-Vickers season-long loan to Celtic. Technically he extended his contract last year with Spurs which pushed on club&#39;s option for a further year. The same will happen again with this move so it won&#39;t be up next summer. <a href="Tottenham news and transfers live: Nuno Espirito Santo plots deadline day deals">Tottenham news and transfers live: Nuno Espirito Santo plots deadline day deals</a></p>&mdash; Alasdair Gold (@AlasdairGold) <a href="">August 31, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks.
How Spurs have treated CCV and his acceptance is strange.
And how is it a loan in the supposed last year of his contract..which was due to end in 2021?
Anyways more money for the firm.
It is an odd way to do it business: keep extending his contract 1 year until we get some money for him. If the clubs we're loaning him to are paying the wages then i guess we're not really losing much. Surprised a championship club didn't come in for him

I can only assume no clubs have enough cash to buy him and pay his wages.

So a loan to a club paying his wages and generating a loan fee is a decent deal for Spurs, and CCV is now an experienced loanee having been to about half a dozen Championsjip clubs playing over 100 games at that level (and still only 23) playing with almost always a different manager each loan is seeen as a versatule 'almost sure thing' to slot into a new defence.

I can only guess that CCV quite enjoys the variety of clubs, so doesn't mind another loan, although this time with nobody having much cash its not a bad plan to see which clubs survive post covid, and one of Scotland's top 2 or 3 clubs might not be a bad choice to take a loan at before possibly joining them full time next summer.

He fell over during his first competitive match for Spurs for 4 years playing with a bunch of academy kids and suddenly he is the worst in the west. Not.
If we get £5m from Celtic that will be around £10m he has earned the club in loan and transfer fees.
He's a good player and has not caused THFC a moment of trouble.

I can only assume no clubs have enough cash to buy him and pay his wages.

So a loan to a club paying his wages and generating a loan fee is a decent deal for Spurs, and CCV is now an experienced loanee having been to about half a dozen Championsjip clubs playing over 100 games at that level (and still only 23) playing with almost always a different manager each loan is seeen as a versatule 'almost sure thing' to slot into a new defence.

I can only guess that CCV quite enjoys the variety of clubs, so doesn't mind another loan, although this time with nobody having much cash its not a bad plan to see which clubs survive post covid, and one of Scotland's top 2 or 3 clubs might not be a bad choice to take a loan at before possibly joining them full time next summer.

My Uncle, Hatters season ticket, said he was on £18-20k at Spurs he heard, that they really wanted him but their highest was £6k.

£18-20k in the Championship for less than a dead cert is a risk I doubt any can take, except parachute teams maybe.

My Uncle, Hatters season ticket, said he was on £18-20k at Spurs he heard, that they really wanted him but their highest was £6k.

£18-20k in the Championship for less than a dead cert is a risk I doubt any can take, except parachute teams maybe.
That's a good point.
The wages sites have him down as being on £20k per week.

When you think of him being 23 and being on £1M a year for the past few seasons, life can't be soo bad for the young man can it!
I'm not getting the violin out for the guy but he hasn't done the dirty on Spurs.
Oh and those wages have been covered by loan fees.

I'm pretty sure ot was widely rumoured that Poch put him on a 5 year contrat at £20k pw soon after joining and that's been rolled on ever since.

Its toppy for Championship which is another reason why he might quite like loans

I'm not getting the violin out for the guy but he hasn't done the dirty on Spurs.
Oh and those wages have been covered by loan fees.

Of course. But doubt that's true, maybe £500k I would speculate, max for this season. At Luton, if their highest paid player was on £6k I can't believe they paid a loanee 3x that, more likely matched it (so Spurs still paying £14k whilst he's on loan, with maybe £200k or such loan fee). Think you are over egging the Loan income (when he's in this dynamic of unproven but on proven wage given early promise).

Back
Top Bottom