Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Played well 2nd half and were probably the better team.
But I disagree with you. If we had won with a full strength team, no one would have said, "we should have rested players, we might still have won". And if we had won with a weakened team, I very much doubt any self-respecting yid would be praising Poch for having rested players against that lot. This is the scum, FFS.
I don't entirely understand your final point, why would anyone be upset that we'd beaten the Scum with a weakened team, surely that would just make the victory all the sweeter and the crowing all the louder?

I don't really care how much Sammy posts or how many of you argue with him continuously then blame him for continuously retorting. Even if he goes over the top, who cares? Actually it seems some care more about that than the result on Wednesday and even try and accuse Sammy of being the one who is less of a supporter.

Take a look at that picture, then take a look at yourself. If you think the team selection was ok, the performance was good/unlucky (the 15/16 mantra to date), that the result is gone now so it's all forgotten, then you're the ones that don't care as much. You're not bigger, cleverer or wiser, you're just happy to chalk it up along with the transfer window and management ineptitude as all
just fine.

Never feel angry or disappointed for more than a minute, just talk about young squad players, can't compete with the sugar daddy's, Poch is great and then shut up and 'support' hey. That makes you a better fan that cares more (!?) apparently.

I had to un-ignore him to see what the fuss was about...

Posting a picture of a gooner celebrating scoring the winning goal in the NLD. Hats off Sammy, that is some next level cuntage / trolling from you.

MISSING:
Internet troll. Answers to the name of "Sammy".
Last seen loitering on TFC Internet forum at 1.40pm on Saturday 26th September around the time THFC went into the lead against Manchester Citeh.:troll:

Last edited:
I don't entirely understand your final point, why would anyone be upset that we'd beaten the Scum with a weakened team, surely that would just make the victory all the sweeter and the crowing all the louder?
I never said anyone would be upset. Obviously we'd have been happy to beat them. I said no one would have been praising him for resting players against them.

Why's that?
Some of the comments on this thread alone should give you the answer to that question. Not Many were happy with the line up or result on Wednesday. Some folk took it as an opportunity to rub people's noses in it. Those who have tried to find positives up to Wednesday. Yet our young squad, managers philosophy etc are all "shit", people who say otherwise are "deluded" or "morons". Then that shit team, with the same shit manager go & play a match like they did yesterday. We have seen before they are capable of doing that. Perhaps not often enough for some. Yet those who revel in calling people deluded, moronic cunts/pricks/happy clappers should be feeling pretty humbled after yesterday. It seems obvious to most that the league has been given priority over the CC & we are looking good at the moment in the league. One loss in 7 & 5 goals conceded. I've never sought to defend the team selection on Wednesday. It was the scum & we should have gone with our strongest team & sent them back to the Death Star with tails between legs. But the reaction from some was unbelievable. Yesterday was a great day. Let the happy clapping deluded morons have their moment. Because the people who were saying that must feel pretty stupid themselves after walloping Citeh yesterday. And I'm sure they will have more opportunities to tell everyone how clever they are the next time we come unstuck. But that's Spurs & I guess that's TFC.

Some of the comments on this thread alone should give you the answer to that question. Not Many were happy with the line up or result on Wednesday. Some folk took it as an opportunity to rub people's noses in it. Those who have tried to find positives up to Wednesday. Yet our young squad, managers philosophy etc are all "shit", people who say otherwise are "deluded" or "morons". Then that shit team, with the same shit manager go & play a match like they did yesterday. We have seen before they are capable of doing that. Perhaps not often enough for some. Yet those who revel in calling people deluded, moronic cunts/pricks/happy clappers should be feeling pretty humbled after yesterday. It seems obvious to most that the league has been given priority over the CC & we are looking good at the moment in the league. One loss in 7 & 5 goals conceded. I've never sought to defend the team selection on Wednesday. It was the scum & we should have gone with our strongest team & sent them back to the Death Star with tails between legs. But the reaction from some was unbelievable. Yesterday was a great day. Let the happy clapping deluded morons have their moment. Because the people who were saying that must feel pretty stupid themselves after walloping Citeh yesterday. And I'm sure they will have more opportunities to tell everyone how clever they are the next time we come unstuck. But that's Spurs & I guess that's TFC.
fair enough although I don't think the reaction on Wednesday was over the top from anyone.

fair enough although I don't think the reaction on Wednesday was over the top from anyone.
Fair enough too. For some, its the same old shit after every single bad game/result though. Not just the scum. It's fantastic what we did yesterday however, & perhaps this thread should be consigned to the archives. Better to look forward than backwards
:adethumbup:

Personally I think only those who should feel humbled are those who used Wednesday as an excuse to continue an agenda. Yes some of us predicted a loss yesterday (and let's face it, the vast majority of fans on and off TFC did), but that doesn't mean that the criticism of Poch for Wednesday is invalid, nor does it mean one win has solved everything. This morning I am seeing talk of top four again and it just goes to show you how much fans can flip flop. One great win and we're gonna win everything.

Personally I think only those who should feel humbled are those who used Wednesday as an excuse to continue an agenda. Yes some of us predicted a loss yesterday (and let's face it, the vast majority of fans on and off TFC did), but that doesn't mean that the criticism of Poch for Wednesday is invalid, nor does it mean one win has solved everything. This morning I am seeing talk of top four again and it just goes to show you how much fans can flip flop. One great win and we're gonna win everything.
I agree. Supporters are allowed to 'flip flop' because thats football. Emotions takes over and the heart rules over the head and all that. Anyone with a sense of reality knows you celebrate once you achieve because football can be unpredictable. The bookies would have enjoyed that result yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom