Capital One Cup SEMI-FINAL vs. Sheffield United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watching on tv I swear I could hear one spurs fan screaming yid army above the sound of the other spurs fans and above the volume of the United fans. He sounded like he had the biggest voice ever.

There was one lad in the lower going "pochettino's" (Blue and white army) "pochettino's"....

Went on for ages, got slightly concerned for his at one point. Head was well red.

There was one lad in the lower going "pochettino's" (Blue and white army) "pochettino's"....

Went on for ages, got slightly concerned for his at one point. Head was well red.

Sounds like a lot of people this morning are going to have busted voice boxes, on TV we sounded like the louder fans for a lot of the game despite being massively outnumbered being the away mob, good performance.

Drove for 4hrs to Sheffield and just as we arrived my Dad got ill. We had to just turn the car around and start driving home. We stopped at some place in Newark and watched it there. Unbelievably gutted that I didn't get to the game

Back at 4am this morning, in work at 8am, now home and basking in the Glory that we never do things the easy way do we.
Our support was top notch again last night, Blades were loud for first 10 minutes but apart from the Vorm flap ,, we did not give them reason to get excited. Fair play to the Blades for the come back though, hopefully that will have been noted by our management team that some of our players are simply not up to it.

Stand outs for me last night players wise; Dembele, by far the best game i have seen him play since signing, was up for it and prepared to dig in. Kane and Mason worked hard and Lamela showed. Eriksen was a class apart and Stambouli is committed but needs to improve his distribution. Dier continues to steadily impress at CB.
On the negative side, our two full backs were woeful, both were caught out of position and beaten to the cross so many times. Walker had one of those games last night that reminded me that the guy sometimes does not have a foootballers brain!!!
Townsend was equally ineffective when he came on, wrong decision all the time and trying to run through players and gifting them posession
As for Pauli, I do not get what this guy offers. it was not surprise Blades got on top when Dembele hobbled off, we lost the midfield from that point on.............

A funny thing I saw just before the game, this fat little chav head to toe in sports direct gear walking up to this absolute unit of a Spurs fan and said, "Aftert gaame, it's me n't yo lad, one ont one.....nohh messin. before a copper literally picked him up by his hood and carried him up the road.
He'd have been handed an absolute pasting had the copper not been there haha.

Well played, you showed your Premier League class, especially in that first half. On another day we would've been out of it by half time but fortunately for us, HK18 wasn't as lethal in front of goal as he's seemingly been all season.

I'm not a lover of this 'sucking up' nonsense but Spurs have been my favourite Prem team for a while now (probably since the Kyle's transfer, I guess), so I wish you well in the final, the remainder of this season, and the foreseeable future. Just be sure to sell Walker whilst his value is still high, 10% of that will do nicely!! I hear Real Madrid like your players?

:pochbye: Farewell.

Best moment of the night was Harry Kane breaking away from the players and saluting the fans, this boy has got the lot and WILL become a Spurs legend.
Hope he gives John Terry sleepless nights leading up to March the 1st
COYS

Mick...

get the fuck over yourself
you do the same - my comment was perfectly fair, the guy has turned into an obnoxious foul mouthed poster - and he does it to anyone who crosses him, would you like me to find you some examples?
I doubt it, because you know I'm right
I have no problem with people disagreeing with me - or even not liking what I say. There's just no need to go about it in the way he does.
Anyone who spoke like that or behaved in that way (without hiding behind the internet) would get the shit beaten out of them.
I have nothing to get over, but thanks for your advice.

Well played, you showed your Premier League class, especially in that first half. On another day we would've been out of it by half time but fortunately for us, HK18 wasn't as lethal in front of goal as he's seemingly been all season.

I'm not a lover of this 'sucking up' nonsense but Spurs have been my favourite Prem team for a while now (probably since the Kyle's transfer, I guess), so I wish you well in the final, the remainder of this season, and the foreseeable future. Just be sure to sell Walker whilst his value is still high, 10% of that will do nicely!! I hear Real Madrid like your players?

:pochbye: Farewell.

Just a bit, soon as one of our players looks half decent the rumours begin, even Kane, Eriksen and Lloris have had a few recent rumours not to mention the loss of Bale and Modric.

It was a good game, that kid you put on was a live wire and Paulinho coming on for Dembele seemed to make our midfield fall to bits.

Home now. Great night. So typically Tottenham. Scenes when the second went in. Felt like the whole upper tier was going to tumble down. Bodies all over the place. Managed to get punched in the carnage so had blood pouring from my nose and I was celebrating. Must have looked strange. Great stadium. Great away end. Sheff Utd decent fans. Managed to outrace the snow storms on the M1. Fucked now.

That might have been me, I managed to punch the bloke next to me in the nose....

Ooops

:paulinhowtf:

Was very relieved and impressed that we started professionally, with no early goals conceded. How good is it to have a match winner like Eriksen in the side?
Good chat with home fans in the hotel, great atmosphere, and no sign of another Burnley. Apart from the weather and the drive home in the snow this morning, a great away day.
Another Wembley final. This is what we should be doing. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom