Carabao Cup Fourth Round - Tottenham Vs Chelsea - Tuesday 29th Sept, 7.45pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris;
Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, CCV, Reguilón;
Sissoko, Ndombele, White
Lamela, Bergwijn

Lo Celso for Ndombele at half-time, Kane in if necessary.

I keep reading that our squad isn't big enough to compete on 4 fronts.... You mentioned squad size; therefor I asked.

Depending on how you slice it, considering we just had a buy; we're talking one extra game... Anything but ideal still, but I'd like to think a solution can be found without essentially conceding defeat.

Hart
Aurier Toby Tanganga Reggie
Sissoko/White -- Ndombele
Dele
Clark--Lamela--Bergjwin
Like I said we have solutions in which we can put a team out full of internationals but it is so far removed from our first XI that I expect us to lose to a full strength Chelsea team.

When you look at that team it's only really the front 4 that are of concern. That is to be expected when you remove Kane, Son, Lucas and Bale is not yet fit.

I'm not suggesting we go and play a full team of U23s but even with clever rotation I struggle to see how we win with so many key players out.

That leaves this lot for Thursday's game:

Lloris
Doherty Sanchez Dier Davies
Hojberg Winks
Lo Celso
Lucas Kane (Whoever can walk)
If nothing else, the game vs Chelsea is a chance to try to play Bergjwin into some form and get more minutes into Ndombele's legs. Also either a return for Tanganga or CCV in the shop window, likewise for Clarke and White.

Jose will want to beat them.. our players want to beat them.. It's tricky. I would want to say our kids could win the Europa tie at home.. but who knows

No that's because Poch qualified us in the Champions League. Had Jose managed to do the same then there's no fixture congestion.

No, that's crap and you know it..... It's because of the brutally condensed season we face thanks to Covid.

We've been in 3/4 comps before under Poch and NEVER faced a 3 game week.

How are those clubs that qualified in CL getting on with their fixture congestion this year?

Hmmmm... Chavs are playing their 2nd LC tie in the space of a week..... Let's not pretend thats standard scheduling either.

Ordinarily we wouldn't be facing a 3 game week even if we did start off in the EL prelims.... The games wouldn't be weekly either.

>>> Covid.

No, that's crap and you know it..... It's because of the brutally condensed season we face thanks to Covid.

We've been in 3/4 comps before under Poch and NEVER faced a 3 game week.

Having to play in the Europa league play offs has nothing to do with COVID-19. It's down to our worst place league finish in years last season.

Hmmmm... Chavs are playing their 2nd LC tie in the space of a week..... Let's not pretend thats standard scheduling either.
I'm not. I asked a very simple question; How are those clubs that qualified in CL getting on with their fixture congestion this year?

Or put it this way, what would our fixture congestion look like had we qualified for CL, better than now or not better than now?

Having to play in the Europa league play offs has nothing to do with COVID-19. It's down to our worst place league finish in years last season.

It's NOT that simple though.... These games would ordinarily not coincide with LC and league games.

In a NORMAL season we wouldn't face conjestion which is the issue; NOT simply that we have 3 extra games in the season.

I'm not. I asked a very simple question; How are those clubs that qualified in CL getting on with their fixture congestion this year?

...And I answered. See Chavs.

Or put it this way, what would our fixture congestion look like had we qualified for CL, better than now or not better than now?

See above.... In a normal season these prelim games wouldn't lead to conjestion.... It's the condensed season.

...And I answered. See Chavs.

See above.... In a normal season these prelim games wouldn't lead to conjestion.... It's the condensed season.
Yes or no. Would our fixture congestion be as bad had we qualified for CL?

Yes or No. That fact we are playing pre-qualifying EL games is the reason why we have a fixture congestion that no other Club in the PL has?

Poch avoided the fixture congestion we are facing now because he qualified us in Champions League!!

Jose finished in 6th last year (our joint lowest in 11 years), but his dog died halfway through the season so I guess it's the dog must also take some of the blame.

"injuries piling up"??? What!? You mean Son?
Grow up, seriously.

We were 14th when Mourinho took over, who had to deal with Kane, Son, Sissoko and Bergwijn all injured at the same time, an unfit Ndombele, Eriksen leaving and being hit by a season halting virus.

This agenda against Mourinho is pathetic. He could win us a trophy or 2 this season and people will still find faults.

Yes or No. That fact we are playing pre-qualifying EL games is the reason why we have a fixture congestion that no other Club in the PL has?

Yes or no.... In a normal season are the prelims played now? .....Or is that DUE TO COVID?

Yes or no... Is it normal that League cup games are played week after week or so early in the season?

......Maybe we'd be in the CL if Jose didn't inherit a team in 14th place! The fixture list would still be a bitch early doors this season.

You do know that Mourinho managed from November? And had a pandemic to deal with, his only striker out injured, his back up striker injured...

What was poch excuse for the first half of the season??

Your so predictable with your Mourinho bashing its actually pathetic and boring to listen to, theres Woolwich across the road if you fancy supporting them?

Back
Top Bottom