Cardiff City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Defoe injured)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SinghYid

Just Do It
My first match thread of the season ... so, hopefully I'm lucky!

Good news is that AVB said Kaboul and Dembele should be alright for this fixture, whereas Rose's status still has to be determined.

Chadli, Lennon, and Capoue remain sidelined, but... got 2 days to be sure about the former 2.

Other than that ... hopefully we see a Vlad debut.
And it would nice seeing how Caulker is doing. Well, hopefully not too well this Sunday.

I'd go for...

-----------------:llorishuh:------------------
:walker::dawsonlol::kaboullol::vert:
------------:paulinhofacepalm::sandroscream:-----------
--------:lamelashock::eriksenlol::townhmm:-------
-------------------:soldadolol:-------------------

Can't complain about that line up! I don't feel that confident for this game, when I should looking at both teams.

Gonna go for a 2-1 spurs win, with me having a heartache all the way through.

Cardiff have been tough at home. This one will be difficult. 2-1 sounds about right for me too. Soldado and Townsend the scorers.

What DO you know about his injury tho? I thought his evaluation is tomorrow?

He walked off the pitch after a slight contact with his right foot. The only way he wouldn't be fit is if there is a tiny lil bone broken or ligament damage...the rest would be bruising which is easily managed with injections.

Edit: trust me, I play football manager

If Rose is out I'd rather see Townsend or Lamela play on the left. Jan and Siggy on the left tonight was like tall slow guy overdose.

Though I guess Naughton will probably play LB. But as a right footer he won't overlap with width like Rose, so basically same problem.

If Rose is out I'd rather see Townsend or Lamela play on the left. Jan and Siggy on the left tonight was like tall slow guy overdose.

Though I guess Naughton will probably play LB. But as a right footer he won't overlap with width like Rose, so basically same problem.

Love our depth of squad.

One option....

Who gives a fuck they ain't getting the ball.

Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Vertonghen

Paulinho, Sandro

Lamela, Eriksen, Townsend

Soldado

Hopefully chiriches is available with Kaboul and Rose likely missing out. If he's not then I'd expect to see a back four of:

Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Naughton

I don't think Siggy deserves to be dropped for Lamela considering he won us the game last week.

Agreed. I was Siggy's biggest naysayer over the summer, but you guys are getting ahead of yourselves if you think he's going to be dropped a week after bagging a brace to have two lefties on the pitch. Townsend's going to have to start scoring soon if he wants to keep Lamela away from his spot. Just hope AVB communicates to him that doesn't mean pulling the trigger just about every time he touches the rock.

Hi Cardiff fan here - looking forward to the game on Sunday.

If anyone is interested, there's a tactical preview on the link below (your team from a Cardiff point of view). Admittedly it was written before the injuries last night but you've already got more than enough up front to scare us...

Anyway, hope you enjoy it if you take the time to read it.

http://cardiffkickaball.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/cardiff-v-tottenham-match-preview/

Really good read, it's interesting to see the graphic showing average positions of our players. It really shows just how attacking our full backs really are.

I'd go for...

-----------------:llorishuh:------------------
:walker::dawsonlol::kaboullol::vert:
------------:paulinhofacepalm::sandroscream:-----------
--------:lamelashock::eriksenlol::townhmm:-------
-------------------:soldadolol:-------------------
Too narrow...

:troll:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom