Cardiff City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Defoe injured)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Early in a game where we came under some early pressure in a hostile environment, Naughton made a panicky and horrendous pass. However, he regained his composure and played a solid albeit unspectacular game out of position. More than any of you mugs could do.

I don't think any of us would argue that he will ever be first choice at the club but he clearly goes out a bust his ass on the pitch and really cares.

Plus, the team clearly rates him and Danny Rose gave him so glowing praise in his interview with Ben Pearce last week saying, "If I’m not up to scratch the gaffer has Jan, or Kyle [Naughton], or Zeki, who are more than capable of taking my place. If you see how Kyle trains, you feel a little bit sorry that he doesn’t get more game time, because he’s a brilliant player." (http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/t..._make_full_use_of_his_stellar_squad_1_2589640)

Overall, yeah he's not Maldini let alone Danny Rose but he's Spurs and you can tell he gives a fuck on the pitch and the merciless slagging him off is just uncalled for. He's Tottenham and should be treated as such.

Playing out of place and busting his butt does not disqualify the observation that he was very shaky when pressured with the ball. I think it is possible to still appreciate the effort and the uncomfortable position he had to play while noting he did not play well with pressure against Cardiff.

We are not required to hate a player if a particular aspect of their game is lacking. Although, reading some of the posts, it appears this is requisite. So I hope 3 large lobsters pinch his testicles off while he is dining with his trophy girl friend... There. Sadly, this did nothing to relieve my pseudo frustration with Mr. Naughton. Maybe if I claw my own eyes out.

I would be IMMENSELY surprised if Coentrao came to us. He said Man U would have been a step down.

...and on this season's showing so far, he would have a point!

Spurs on the other hand, is a completely different matter! ...a step across at worst!!!!!!! (i'm being sarcastic, naturally... Real are the biggest club in the World, if not the Universe... Bale & Perez said so! ...oh, BTW, again, I'm deploying sarcastic tactics!)

as for Defoe , no need to break down his value - if we do decide to sell him i reckon about half the clubs in the PL would go in for him , they all need a proven goal scorer
Yes he is and he showed what he can do against Tromso. I'm not a big fan of his and never was. He probably needs a move and would be a better player for it. QPR/Blackpool would suit him rather than a PL team I feel. at the mo he can do a job for us when Soldardo is being rested.

Last edited:
541387_10151820347629404_2033791949_n.jpg

:lennonlol:
Not a body hair between em?

Fantastic celebrations yesterday, made it an easy trip home albeit a very long day.

I agree we need to be more clinical when given so many chances, although credit should go to Marshall too.
With that said not winning by a few has advantages to. It does us no harm knowing we can pull a result off like that when it looks like the result is out of our reach.

How many teams would have said "you know what, a point away from home isn't that bad?". City have lost there already and Everton had to settle for 0-0 aswell.

Yes it's frustrating we didn't take our numerous chances but give credit to the squad and the manager. Our mentality in 2013 has been superb.
I know Bale took all the plaudits and on some occasions rightly so for 'Bale-ing' us out but was it really coincidence we scored so many late goals in the second half of last season? Some of it was down to Bale but our attitude is spot on right now.

Fantastic spirit and that will give the players a massive boost and further confidence in what we can achieve in the future. Be it this season or further down the line.

Cardiff have already shown they won't be an easy team to beat this season at home and on another day we wouldn't have done either.

I was buzzing on the trip back yesterday. Two away wins already, a fourth clean sheet in the league and throw in Europe and it sounds even better. Albeit against very poor sides.
Bring on Chelsea!

I think Cariff is a hard place to go and win and many of the top teams (not just Citeh) will fail to gain three points there this season.
I also think our style of play under AVB is such that late goals are going to be a common occurence because it is relentless pressure and even teams that defend well with lots of players behind the ball, just like Cardiff yesterday, will eventually succumb to the pressure due to fatgiue, momentary loss of concentration, luck, or whatever. Even the best players (such as Bale) find it easier to score when the other team has been worn down after 90 minutes, else he would have been knocking those wonder goals in in the 20th minute every game last season not late on. I think it's the same we are seeing from our current team, the difference now is that it could come from anyone in the team.

Rose has said that if he isn't first choice he will leave. So if Coentrao comes, Rose will leave. We might gain a little in talent, but lose HG qualitifcation, a few years, and will remain the same in terms of depth. I hope for Fryers either playing better or more, BAE to come back as second choice, or a guy similar to Balzeratti(?) to come in.

Rose has said that if he isn't first choice he will leave. So if Coentrao comes, Rose will leave. We might gain a little in talent, but lose HG qualitifcation, a few years, and will remain the same in terms of depth. I hope for Fryers either playing better or more, BAE to come back as second choice, or a guy similar to Balzeratti(?) to come in.

I doubt very much Rose will leave a side Joint top of the prem, with a chance to challenge for cups. If he he was serious then Sunderland will wellcome him back with open arms. I am sure he will look forward to Championship football next season.

Yes he is and he showed what he can do against Tromso. I'm not a big fan of his and never was. He probably needs a move and would be a better player for it. QPR/Blackpool would suit him rather than a PL team I feel. at the mo he can do a job for us when Soldardo is being rested.
Agreed (apart from the "not a big fan" bit). I'm actually a little conflicted because we all love Jermain and all want him at our club (and I think the feeling is mutual) but I can't help but feel that he's missing the boat by not playing with regularity. I almost feel that we've been holding him back in recent years. Still, I'd be 100% disappointed if he moved on. Need to be clear on that. I just think he could truly shine at a mid table team and prove that he's got a big set of nuts and a lot of pubes. And that he's a great striker, of course (always prioritize.)

Back
Top Bottom