Cardiff City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Defoe injured)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed (apart from the "not a big fan" bit). I'm actually a little conflicted because we all love Jermain and all want him at our club (and I think the feeling is mutual) but I can't help but feel that he's missing the boat by not playing with regularity. I almost feel that we've been holding him back in recent years. Still, I'd be 100% disappointed if he moved on. Need to be clear on that. I just think he could truly shine at a mid table team and prove that he's got a big set of nuts and a lot of pubes. And that he's a great striker, of course (always prioritize.)
I now know why he fluffs so many efforts on gaol....It must be the big nuts that gets in the way!.

541387_10151820347629404_2033791949_n.jpg

Somehow, I don't think Jan is taking this at all seriously!

I think its a play on his earlier "Moody Bundle" moment

Fantastic celebrations yesterday, made it an easy trip home albeit a very long day.

I agree we need to be more clinical when given so many chances, although credit should go to Marshall too.
With that said not winning by a few has advantages to. It does us no harm knowing we can pull a result off like that when it looks like the result is out of our reach.

How many teams would have said "you know what, a point away from home isn't that bad?". City have lost there already and Everton had to settle for 0-0 aswell.

Yes it's frustrating we didn't take our numerous chances but give credit to the squad and the manager. Our mentality in 2013 has been superb.
I know Bale took all the plaudits and on some occasions rightly so for 'Bale-ing' us out but was it really coincidence we scored so many late goals in the second half of last season? Some of it was down to Bale but our attitude is spot on right now.

Fantastic spirit and that will give the players a massive boost and further confidence in what we can achieve in the future. Be it this season or further down the line.

Cardiff have already shown they won't be an easy team to beat this season at home and on another day we wouldn't have done either.

I was buzzing on the trip back yesterday. Two away wins already, a fourth clean sheet in the league and throw in Europe and it sounds even better. Albeit against very poor sides.
Bring on Chelsea!
Agree not many teams will win at CCS at the moment. They may weaken as the season moves ?

My voice is so croaky after all the shouting when we scored. Great support down in Cardiff which helped me out with the massive hangover after getting in at 6am from the night before and the shenanigans in the city!

Great performance by most. Worked hard until the bitter end and even though last minute winners are amazing, it's a shame we weren't a few up by that point. Lamela and Holtby looked great when they came on. Eriksen again looked the business although it's a shame the Eriksen version of the chant 'give it up' has caught on. It doesn't sound right and surely we can be a bit more imaginative!? Hey ho! Good times were had an roll on Chelski this Saturday!

Killer !

• Tottenham’s goal came with their 29th and final shot – 4 more than any other team has managed in a Premier League game this season.
  • Cardiff didn't manage a single shot on target in this game.
  • David Marshall made 11 saves against Tottenham, the most by any goalkeeper in a Premier League game so far this season. Only once (Jaaskelainen vs Spurs) did a keeper reach this number of saves in a game last season.
  • Paulinho's 3 shots on target was a PL weekend high.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/premier-league-notes-weekends-killer-stats-1#f5u6k8EEUPGx6SMM.99

Killer !

• Tottenham’s goal came with their 29th and final shot – 4 more than any other team has managed in a Premier League game this season.
  • Cardiff didn't manage a single shot on target in this game.
  • David Marshall made 11 saves against Tottenham, the most by any goalkeeper in a Premier League game so far this season. Only once (Jaaskelainen vs Spurs) did a keeper reach this number of saves in a game last season.
  • Paulinho's 3 shots on target was a PL weekend high.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/premier-league-notes-weekends-killer-stats-1#f5u6k8EEUPGx6SMM.99

That took a last minute goal too didn't it? Bale wondergoal?

Yeah I think it was the run and hug AVB game

Cant wait for Lamela to crack one in and go hug him and turn that Bale hug into a happy old memory instead of a bitter recent one. (For me...)

Edit: I tell you what actually, Im already quite happy to re-watch that without remorse.

Cant stop watching that bitch
I still can't believe how, being surrounded by so many opponents, Paulo has the sense of mind to make that space and score with a back heel.
:paulinhowtf:

Cant wait for Lamela to crack one in and go hug him and turn that Bale hug into a happy old memory instead of a bitter recent one. (For me...)
Edit: I tell you what actually, Im already quite happy to re-watch that without remorse.
I just can't wait for him to score. Period. Lol

Even though he isn't the same player as Bale and that Bale's loss has also been softened with the other great quality brought in ... I still feel there is a bit of that unnerving but nostalgic feeling in some of us that yet relates him with Bale, whether he is Bale's successor or not.

I think there's a lot of pressure on this kid. And I for one, will jump up and down when he scores his first for us.

I still can't believe how, being surrounded by so many opponents, Paulo has the sense of mind to make that space and score with a back heel.
:paulinhowtf:

I just can't wait for him to score. Period. Lol

Even though he isn't the same player as Bale and that Bale's loss has also been softened with the other great quality brought in ... I still feel there is a bit of that unnerving but nostalgic feeling in some of us that yet relates him with Bale, whether he is Bale's successor or not.

I think there's a lot of pressure on this kid. And I for one, will jump up and down when he scores his first for us.
That pass. That pass

Back
Top Bottom