Cardiff City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very pleased to hear that. It's no less than those brave Cardiff fans who fought the changes deserve. Those who embraced the changes should be ashamed, especially the ex-Soul Crew who threatened to attack a Keep Cardiff Blue protest. I imagine this wouldn't have happened had they stayed in the Premier League, so something very good may have come out of relegation.

giphy.gif

Those who embraced the changes should be ashamed
Not sure I agree with that. Sure, the shirt change was appalling, but the players and manager aren't to blame, should they be boycotted? Were they just supposed to go and support another side?

I think that protesting the change was ultimately the right thing to do, but I can't bring myself to look down on the fans who stuck around.

A victory for tradition in football. A rarity and to be commended. If some new owner tried to turn us red, he'd be hung from the rafters before he could go through with it.

Sadly, Im not sure these days...if it meant a crazy billion dollar deal with Coca Cola, which would mean players, and CL and all that jazz, many people would get over it pretty quickly and say shit like "well we used to wear red 1890"....

See Stratford

Back to playing in Blue at home.
Had a couple of mates that were CC season ticket holders that gave them up and never went again when they started playing in Red.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/statement-tan-sri-vincent-tan-2192317.aspx

Really happy for your mates.....must have been a really horrible time for them.

Do you know how it was between the Cardiff fans? I mean, like us and the OS, there were really vicious splits in the fanbase.

Quite a lot of fans at Cardiff wore the red shirts, which I found shocking. Did it kick off?

Sadly, Im not sure these days...if it meant a crazy billion dollar deal with Coca Cola, which would mean players, and CL and all that jazz, many people would get over it pretty quickly and say shit like "well we used to wear red 1890"....

See Stratford

Really happy for your mates.....must have been a really horrible time for them.

Do you know how it was between the Cardiff fans? I mean, like us and the OS, there were really vicious splits in the fanbase.

Quite a lot of fans at Cardiff wore the red shirts, which I found shocking. Did it kick off?

I don't think it "kicked off" as such. It was just a very staunch traditional fan base wanting to play in blue versus the glory hunters who couldn't give a fuck about team colours as "their team" was in the premier league.
Glory hunters of course laughable as it's Cardiff but I think with what happened with City and Chelsea everyone believes that a rich owner can bring success.

I don't think my mates will be going again as it has been tainted beyond repair for them.
Shame really as I'm pretty sure Tans change of heart has come from his team being relegated and dwindling gates versus a real care for the legacy of CC. He's a business man first and foremost and if reneging on the team colours which to him means fuck all really to try and get sell out games he will go for that cheap buck everytime and fill the stadium.

I don't think it "kicked off" as such. It was just a very staunch traditional fan base wanting to play in blue versus the glory hunters who couldn't give a fuck about team colours as "their team" was in the premier league.
Glory hunters of course laughable as it's Cardiff but I think with what happened with City and Chelsea everyone believes that a rich owner can bring success.

I don't think my mates will be going again as it has been tainted beyond repair for them.
Shame really as I'm pretty sure Tans change of heart has come from his team being relegated and dwindling gates versus a real care for the legacy of CC. He's a business man first and foremost and if reneging on the team colours which to him means fuck all really to try and get sell out games he will go for that cheap buck everytime and fill the stadium.
I agree with you, whatever Tan says about his mum etc, it would have been a business decision. They can't expect to fill the ground with fans who only want success on the pitch, so they have to try to revert to the hardcore for whom it is more about identity and community. As a very vague rule, I think the worse a team gets (up to a certain point) the better the quality (obviously not quantity) of the support gets, and this seems to be in action here again. Of course there are some exceptions, e.g. United's away fans. I think it's partly because the struggling club financially can't afford to alienate the fans at this point, so they're less likely to make commercial decisions which are a sell out, or to ban a fan from the ground, for example. It explains how some ultras groups have so many privileges abroad, because the club need them to survive. With a big Premier League team the club's owners know they can get rid of undesirables because there will be someone else (who will probably be more willing to spend more in the club shop) ready to take their seat.

For those twats that bought a red shirt do they get a refund? Whilst good news, I can't help but think this will generate more money for the club when those who have red shirts now go out and buy blue news........£££££££££££££££ he is a clever bastard Tan.

Back
Top Bottom