Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had the best chance of anyone in our ranks but my God was he slow. Yea I know the consensus here is that he is 2nd best no 9 in world behind Kane but fuck me, if he could not outrun such defenders.. It worries me. Don't remember him getting any shots released either. You can bend it any way you want but striker should at least play himself into position to have a shot.

I ofc agree that he was not worst player on the pitch, not was this performance mainly his fault. But he did not do a job, and I see little problem with him being subbed.

Had the best chance of anyone in our ranks but my God was he slow. Yea I know the consensus here is that he is 2nd best no 9 in world behind Kane but fuck me, if he could not outrun such defenders.. It worries me. Don't remember him getting any shots released either. You can bend it any way you want but striker should at least play himself into position to have a shot.

Said no-one EVER.

I ofc agree that he was not worst player on the pitch, not was this performance mainly his fault. But he did not do a job, and I see little problem with him being subbed.

For starters, you could have picked 4 more deserving players to be subbed... Second, we were shapeless and all over the fucking shop for the first 15 minutes of the second half without a focal point to our random attacking thrusts. He also gave their defenders more grief than anyone else over the entire 90m.

Excited by what I saw. Seems to be a player who thrives in having movement either side of him and I'm encouraged by some of his physicality. Needs to stay switched on, I thought he reacted slowly to a few balls he maybe wasn't expecting to be played to him. Unless there was an injury or Mourinho intends to start him on Sunday, I can't fathom why he was taken off.

4 subs was 1 too many as it left us short in 2nd half had someone got injured. Vinny is the one I would have left on to see if he could offer more with Son and Moura alongside him.

I'm interested to see what this kid can do playing alongside Kane and Son. My gut feeling is that he's going to be able to gel well with them and he brings some extra size/physicality/athleticism. I think Jose's picked a good one.

For starters, you could have picked 4 more deserving players to be subbed... Second, we were shapeless and all over the fucking shop for the first 15 minutes of the second half without a focal point to our random attacking thrusts. He also gave their defenders more grief than anyone else over the entire 90m.

I agree that there were 4 more deserving players to be subbed.
But that does not change the fact that he was a striker who never, for even once did not manage to threaten opposition goal. And with best chance of the half he did not manage to overrun defense of last year Belgium league 4th team.

I fail to understand the mental gymnastics going on in here trying to explain like he had such a brilliant game. He did not.

I am not saying that he we should write him off or expect that he will not contribute in the future in meaningful way or whatever. No. All I am saying is that he was "meeh" yesterday.

But that does not change the fact that he was a striker who never, for even once did not manage to threaten opposition goal. And with best chance of the half he did not manage to overrun defense of last year Belgium league 4th team.

I fail to understand the mental gymnastics going on in here trying to explain like he had such a brilliant game. He did not.

I am not saying that he we should write him off or expect that he will not contribute in the future in meaningful way or whatever. No. All I am saying is that he was "meeh" yesterday.
No one had a good game , that includes those we subbed on ie Kane and Son.

He did though; on more than one occasion .....

Like your prev. post, you're continuing to overstate peoples true opinions..... It's as if you're going out of your way to give him a hard time.

.....And equally, all most are saying is little more than that he was the best of a bad bunch.

really hope Jose plays him sunday.. I'd like to see 4-4-2

Kane Vini
Son and Bale out wide
Ndombele and Pierre
Reggie Dier Toby Doherty

at home! should be all about us.. let Brighton be scared of us

He did though; on more than one occasion .....

Like your prev. post, you're continuing to overstate peoples true opinions..... It's as if you're going out of your way to give him a hard time.

.....And equally, all most are saying is little more than that he was the best of a bad bunch.

Hmm, WhoScored stats give him 0 shots. And I dont recall any either (though of course luckly I took a first zip of gin tonic at 10th minute mark or so). Best chance he had, as I've mentioned few times he squandered. I really would expect that he would have done better when very good pass was played behind Antwerp CB's for him to chase.

"overstating true opinions"... ahah, okay. Let's take some direct quotes from the topic.
"very good again today"
"Shining light first half. "
"I thought he was definitely the best of our players up front"
"He was better than most."

I wouldn't have commented if people would have been saying that everyone upfront were piss-poor. Which they were. Incl Vinicius. But no, he was "shigning light" and "very good again" and "best player up front". How people reach these conclusions for striker who had 0 shots and didn't even manage to get shot off when AM/midfield put the ball on plate for him, I'll never understand. So this "as if I'm going out of my way to give him a hard time" - I am not. Equally I could say that you are going out of your way to sugarcoat and talk up his poor performance.

Everyone were s*hit and that included 100% him, there was nothing that he done better or too well considering his position and what is expected from him.

Hmm, WhoScored stats give him 0 shots.

I wasnt simply talking about shots.... He was a threat to their backline and breached them on numerous occasions.

And I dont recall any either (though of course luckly I took a first zip of gin tonic at 10th minute mark or so). Best chance he had, as I've mentioned few times he squandered. I really would expect that he would have done better when very good pass was played behind Antwerp CB's for him to chase.

"overstating true opinions"... ahah, okay. Let's take some direct quotes from the topic.
"very good again today"
"Shining light first half. "
"I thought he was definitely the best of our players up front"
"He was better than most."

I wouldn't have commented if people would have been saying that everyone upfront were piss-poor. Which they were. Incl Vinicius. But no, he was "shigning light" and "very good again" and "best player up front". How people reach these conclusions for striker who had 0 shots and didn't even manage to get shot off when AM/midfield put the ball on plate for him, I'll never understand. So this "as if I'm going out of my way to give him a hard time" - I am not. Equally I could say that you are going out of your way to sugarcoat and talk up his poor performance.

Everyone were s*hit and that included 100% him, there was nothing that he done better or too well considering his position and what is expected from him.
I've already directly quoted said "overstatements" you've made.

I.e . That peeps think he is the 2nd best striker in the world and that he is was somehow being heralded as being magnificent last night.

You're seemingly a minority of one on the subject.... I can't be arsed to bicker long form with you over this.

He was slightly above standard of several others. Perhaps Jose wants him for for Sunday’s bench. He seemed to be struggling to link with wide attackers (but who didn’t).

I’ve stated elsewhere that I think he was pulled to make way for Kane if necessary, but leave Bale on as CF for his statutory extra ten match minutes. In the scheme of things, probably getting Bale back to any kind of match-fitness outweighs the future impact of a second striker, especially as we seem to be playing Kane in a deeper and less intense role so far this season.

I think it was just Jose mental chess for the season ahead.

really hope Jose plays him sunday.. I'd like to see 4-4-2

Kane Vini
Son and Bale out wide
Ndombele and Pierre
Reggie Dier Toby Doherty

at home! should be all about us.. let Brighton be scared of us

Not a chance. Why would we change formation now?

433 against a Brighton that play a high line.

Bale nowhere near fit enough to start. Showed nothing last night. Its a long road until he gets in the first team ahead of Lamela/Moura in my view.

I wasnt simply talking about shots.... He was a threat to their backline and breached them on numerous occasions.

I've already directly quoted said "overstatements" you've made.

I.e . That peeps think he is the 2nd best striker in the world and that he is was somehow being heralded as being magnificent last night.

You're seemingly a minority of one on the subject.... I can't be arsed to bicker long form with you over this.

This 2nd best striker comment was over the top on purpose. Baffles me if someone did not grasp that. And being magnificent... well when someone said that he was "shining light" then I would not say "maginificent" is not too far fetched.

But okay, got your point. If I am minority and there are more people who say that he had a good game, then it means I am wrong and 2 points I made - that he was a striker with 0 shots with 45 minutes; he wasted badly our best chance of the 1st half are irrelevant.

Let's just agree to disagree.

And to conclude it I'd like to stress once more, I do not think that he is awfully s**t player, nor that I would like that Mou would use less of him or whatnot. All I am saying is that yesterday he had poor game and was no better than other of our attacking players.

This 2nd best striker comment was over the top on purpose. Baffles me if someone did not grasp that. And being magnificent... well when someone said that he was "shining light" then I would not say "maginificent" is not too far fetched.

But okay, got your point. If I am minority and there are more people who say that he had a good game, then it means I am wrong and 2 points I made - that he was a striker with 0 shots with 45 minutes; he wasted badly our best chance of the 1st half are irrelevant.

Let's just agree to disagree.

And to conclude it I'd like to stress once more, I do not think that he is awfully s**t player, nor that I would like that Mou would use less of him or whatnot. All I am saying is that yesterday he had poor game and was no better than other of our attacking players.

Of course.... Which is why I called you out on it. Youre overstating certain things to make a point that shouldn't be reliant upon exaggeration.

Back
Top Bottom