Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Jose knew Harry was coming on and didn't want to play 442, so he hooked Sid early to make room for the Son to tire them out. I don't think it was a statement about Sid's effort.
He should have tried Sid and Son together before bringing on Kane.
When will he get chance to try this out if not in these early matches.
It will be ridiculous not to give him a start at Lods, otherwise we will run Kane into the ground again and then we will, gave to try it !

I think he’s still getting adjusted to playing with the team. He seems to be just a step off when it comes to being in the right place during sequence of play. He’ll get there. There’s definitely a quality player there.

No doubt he needs time to adjust to the demands of English football but a striker needs to score. The longer he goes without a goal the greater the chance he becomes another Soldado/Janssen/Llorente. Get that first goal and everything will be fine.

Looks a bit cumbersome but I thought jenas was a bit harsh on him in commentary. Part of his job at the club is playing so that we don’t have to play Kane. He did that for half a game tonight.

The just from Portugal to the PL is huge

No doubt he needs time to adjust to the demands of English football but a striker needs to score. The longer he goes without a goal the greater the chance he becomes another Soldado/Janssen/Llorente. Get that first goal and everything will be fine.
I think that until he gets a better grasp of English it could also be smart to keep Lucas on the field as often as possible alongside him. Let Lucas be the go between for him and the lads that don't speak Portuguese.

He was involved in our third goal as well. Worth pointing out.

Last weeks half time sub must have killed his confidence. He was over dribbling (not sure if that's part of his game) and trying to play some passes/1-2s that weren't really there.

Tonight he reminded me a lot of Bergwijn this season. They're desperate to make an impression (score goals, assist) but when nothing's coming off, they look worse than had they been playing within themselves.

He was very good in his first game, good again in the half he played last week and then had a mediocre game today.

He has been fine and provides us exactly with what we need, an option to play up front so that Kane doesn't have to.

Unfortunately, Jose has played anyways but that has nothing to do with Vinicius or his play so far.

Not a great cameo let's be honest. Some poor touches, decisions, and finishes. Should definitely have got on the score sheet. Then again, the whole team were guilty of missing chances. Early days but not his night tonight.

Back
Top Bottom