Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s going to have to get a couple of games during the Christmas period if we don’t want Kane knackered. And I feel extremely comfortable with that. What a confusing feeling! :ledley:

He’s going to have to get a couple of games during the Christmas period if we don’t want Kane knackered. And I feel extremely comfortable with that. What a confusing feeling! :ledley:
rival fans are waiting and wishing Kane to be knackered or injured so they could say "told you so" but we have enough depth now to prevent it from happening

There was a moment in the coverage last night when they showed the bench, great to see Kane, son and the others sitting back and not being over-played.

That is massive for the club, and could add two seasons ontp their playing careers. Thats the real benefit of having quality back ups like Vini.

I think this lad could easily force himself into the first team once he adjusts to the PL.

There was a moment in the coverage last night when they showed the bench, great to see Kane, son and the others sitting back and not being over-played.

That is massive for the club, and could add two seasons ontp their playing careers. Thats the real benefit of having quality back ups like Vini.

I think this lad could easily force himself into the first team once he adjusts to the PL.
For the first time since so many years, there is a genuine feeling of properly challenging for the title while not feeling guilty of sacrificing EL and the cups.

I fully understand why he was Jose's first choice now. His ability to hold the ball up and bring others into the game is very similar to Kane. He is a great focal point and has a good eye for a pass. I don't expect him to be as clinical as Kane, but if Kane wasn't playing then he would be the next best thing. Very happy that he got off the mark today and his assist for Moura will be very good for the pair of them.

For the first time since so many years, there is a genuine feeling of properly challenging for the title while not feeling guilty of sacrificing EL and the cups.
This.

I have always been an advocate of trying to do as best - try and win basically - in the cups as we possibly can.

The amount of frustration over the years at meekly crashing out Europa/FA/League Cup is intense for me. The amount of times we probably could have won it but for basically cunting it off. I'm thinking the year Swansea played Bradford in the final as a prime example or any number of times where had we played a decent XI we'd have progressed.

I don't know the inner workings of the club and the mandate given to the succession of managers we've had over the years but I would like to think it wasn't 'fuck the cups off' in order to maybe finish 4th.

Whatever you think of Mourinho, he will want to win every trophy we are competing for and if we do fall short it won't be because we've decided we don't fancy it. I've been screaming out for years to have a manager who wants the same as me - to at least try and win a trophy on a regular basis.

If Jose can somehow turn this club into one that regularly wins at least something and challenges for the top prizes then that's good enough for me.

All on board the Jose bus. Next stop, Silver.

Anyway, back on topic.

Really pleased for Sid last night. All round game was great, lovely finish for his first, desire for his second and nice stuff creating Lucas' goal.

Seems a nice lad too.

Great performance from the lad. I know it was against a pretty poor team but he did everything expected of him. And getting off the mark makes me very happy for him & for the club. We finally seem to have a viable stand in for Harry &, if Jose is happy that Vini & Harry can play together, a breather for Sonny too.
Make the deal permanent and give the lad a contract.
Loving Sid the Yid.

Back
Top Bottom