Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would be a huge front line if we could get Vinicius up top with Son, Kane, Bale behind him. We could really bully teams with that combination. I can't see Jose wanting to start with that, but I could see it happening later in games to help shore up set pieces and long balls against big thuggish teams like Burnley.

Kane Vinicius would be cool to see in a 4-4-2 sometime too. It can a be a great tactic in the right situation.
He was the one of the players getting subbed that I really wanted to see stay on a bit longer. I wanted to see him and Kane player together for a longish bit of time.

Looked great whenever he played, as I see it I don’t see why we wouldn’t trigger our option to buy

We are not paying £50m for this player. If we buy him it will be for a much lower price.

He had some OK moments yesterday but Mourinho is right when he said he needs to be more physical, he’s a big lad and he lost some easy balls because he didn’t used his body properly.

I’m not convinced by him yet although there is still plenty of time.

Out of the 3 up top yesterday I thought Lucas was terrible, definitely would of like Carlos to stay on.

I like him but that celebration needs to go. When Mbappe does it his face says 'that's right, I'm that good', when Vinny does it his face says 'am I doing this right?'
He doesn't copy Mbappé, his celebration is related to a Brazilian youtuber who made that celebration with Carlos Vinicius on FIFA 19

Since then it became a viral meme and Vinicius adopted the celebration

Vinicius was poor against Antwerp so no great surprise he was left out against Palace. He's got a lot of work to do, when he can stand out against Thursday night defenders then maybe he can get some minutes in a serious match.

Vinicius, Bale, Lucas, Dele, our second string are not really showing much on Thursdays so whichever of them makes the subs bench makes little difference. Aside from Gio it's clear Mou doesn't really trust them to affect the game right now.

If the idea was to chase a result using long balls, he should have played instead of Lucas as soon as Lo Celso went out injured..

Back
Top Bottom