Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho complaining about a striker was catnip for a lot of people, but he's going to ride Kane into the ground regardless, the difference is we now have a backup for when he breaks Kane.

His face when winks comes on
Tamela Mann What GIF by TV One

This is Mourinhos most baffling decision to he. He complained week upon week for the necessity of having a back up striker. How not having one restricts the way he wants to play...how in games.we are losing he doesn't have the option to go long blah blah blah.

He is then given one who proceeds to look good and score goals in the limited amount of chances hes had and Mourinho just drops him or never uses him. What?

What's the point in buying this guy if you ain't gonna stick him on when you need a goal. Stupid.

Especially when he has looked good in Europa and gets pulled off there as well.

I could kind of, although still can't understand Lucas or Winks going in ahead of him, understand if the idea was he is our Europa League/Cup guy so gets less of a chance at the PL but even when he is doing well in those games he is not trusted.

He has done a good job at what he has been asked to do and would have been a much better option than Lucas or Winks today.

This is Mourinhos most baffling decision to he. He complained week upon week for the necessity of having a back up striker. How not having one restricts the way he wants to play...how in games.we are losing he doesn't have the option to go long blah blah blah.

He is then given one who proceeds to look good and score goals in the limited amount of chances hes had and Mourinho just drops him or never uses him. What?
Saving him for Stoke!

Especially when he has looked good in Europa and gets pulled off there as well.

I could kind of, although still can't understand Lucas or Winks going in ahead of him, understand if the idea was he is our Europa League/Cup guy so gets less of a chance at the PL but even when he is doing well in those games he is not trusted.

He has done a good job at what he has been asked to do and would have been a much better option than Lucas or Winks today.
If you are down by a goal or two and chasing the game by the 75th minutes he's got to be coming on. If I was him right now I'd be pissed.

This guy must really suck in training. On the few games I've seen him play he looks a lot more useful than Bale, Lucas etc.

I was just thinking that based on current situation... we are not even thinking about buying him, are we?!
40 mil for squad player that even does not get 90 min in EL group stage would be criminal.

We have played total of 19 games since he's been with us and he has got 342 minutes out of 1710...
While Kane and Son have already played roughly 1600 minutes.

Well in terms of Kane, I PARTLY (but only partly) understand why Vinicius has not taken workload off him - Kane has been playing different role, one that none of other players could fill. Something between SS and no 10. Vinicius is a big lad who was brought to us to score goals, he does not have that kind of vision and ability that Kane posesses.

But that being said - if this one system is reliant on Kane, then we need to have another one that does not. And this system should include Vinicius. To keep Kane fresh and off injury list.

P.S - i get the frustration of some... but come on, if he scores against Belgian / Austrian league 5th side... it tells very little about his ability against EPL sides. Stoke might be much closer comparison, and I would only assume he starts this one.

If the idea was to chase a result using long balls, he should have played instead of Lucas as soon as Lo Celso went out injured..
When you need control of the midfield .... puts onhead down and run merchant.... who has no control

only one person on the planet thought that was the right option .... just happened to be our manager

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom