Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think that's anywhere close to long enough?

It may be that other players form - such as Bale - means that Vinicius is given a few more cameos in PL and if he's not making much an impression that others share the minutes.

But don't get me wrong, if Vinicius does start to produce in PL then I think he will get minutes as having target man duties shared by Kane and Vinicius is probably our favoured way forward

It's not like we were ever going to pay that for him anyway. There's no way we can judge him on 160 mins of PL football though.

Understudying Kane must be a pretty tough thing mentally, knowing you have one of the world's best strikers to measure up to and one who just wants to keep playing. But he's been helpful this season, enough to deserve a bit of respect from fans, and if he leaves he has my best wishes.

I know he has his detractors on here but i like him, he's been useful this season and i think there's scope for improvement. If the above turns out to be true then i'd be happy with that.
I eagerly await the inevitable disagrees

Not been given a fair crack and been poorly treated imo. People wonder why we can't get a second striker well this is why. Not given minutes when he should of been afforded them. Kane gets injured then we still don't play him and use a wide player up top instead. Ridiculous.

I know he has his detractors on here but i like him, he's been useful this season and i think there's scope for improvement. If the above turns out to be true then i'd be happy with that.
Agreed. He's allowed us to rest Harry for almost the entire EL group stage as well as the first knock out round and some early cup games.

I can't really complain.

Why we would even bother spending £17m on a guy who the manager clearly doesn't trust in the PL is a mystery to me.

We need a PL quality backup to Kane, not somebody who seemingly can only cut it in the EL and domestics against farmers.

I'd go for Wilson in the summer as Newcastle are going down imo and he will be available. The man has PL goals and would be an ideal backup.

Not from me, Chivers. The club must rate him if they're prepared to buy him. 17m seems fair. He's been useful and patient and, having this season to adapt and get used to the way of things on Blighty, he could well suprise us next season. I like him. He can certainly poach a goal and he's playing alongside and learning from one of the best strikers to walk this planet.

Not from me, Chivers. The club must rate him if they're prepared to buy him. 17m seems fair. He's been useful and patient and, having this season to adapt and get used to the way of things on Blighty, he could well suprise us next season. I like him. He can certainly poach a goal and he's playing alongside and learning from one of the best strikers to walk this planet.
I may have said this before. But if we end up buying him or his loan gets extended, we should have him study strikers like Antonio. Just turn him into a pain in the ass for opposing CBs and goalkeepers to deal with in the box that we can ping long balls on until he pokes them in.

I may have said this before. But if we end up buying him or his loan gets extended, we should have him study strikers like Antonio. Just turn him into a pain in the ass for opposing CBs and goalkeepers to deal with in the box that we can ping long balls on until he pokes them in.
I like that idea. He is a heavy lad, definitely got the frame and head for it.

I like that idea. He is a heavy lad, definitely got the frame and head for it.
He seems to have decent pace as well so he can race into the box so it should work.

Unless he has the same level of passing and technique as Harry it would just be unfair to try and play him in the same way. Better to develop him into a clear plan B.

With 2 months of the season to go, I do not see why any decision on his or Bale or others would be finalised. just paper talk. For me he has not done enough for a full transfer.

before we pay even £17M, i would want to see him getting more regular game time, 20 mins a game for 3 or 4 games,
maybe he is good in the box ? but for me he needs to improve a lot

before we pay even £17M, i would want to see him getting more regular game time, 20 mins a game for 3 or 4 games,
maybe he is good in the box ? but for me he needs to improve a lot

He is a back up to a world class striker. When he plays he seems to score more often than not, we could do far worse than him as a back up as our recent striker purchases have shown. Unless we are willing to spend a lot and we are willing to switch to two up front to play the other striker for £17m or even a bit more we could do far far worse.

I’d rather spend £40m+ on a good CB not a Kane back up.

I don't think he has been given enough of a chance, there is zero reason Kane should have played in any EL game so far this season, but even with that I am not sure I want to spend 17 million on him.

Surely for that amount we could get a player that is younger, HG, more versatile and able to start in a PL game.

Back
Top Bottom