Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone who can do something more than the odd tap in from 2 yards or score against the local pub team.
How do we even know as to whether or not he can play or not?

He's played 300 PL minutes and has scored more than Lamela and Bergwijn combined.

Same story with a list of other players under Jose.

Not saying he's proven that he's a PL caliber player but at least give him a chance.

We're so quick to dismiss players.

We really have been spoilt with Kane, a striker who can do it all. Vinnie seems to have good scoring instincts, at least better for us than our other backups like Soldado or Janssen.

We aren’t going to be spending the money it takes to get better than Vinnie for a back up striker unless we luck out and get Daka or Eduardo for a good fee or get Ings and switch the system.

Kane is the issue, he is such a good player and when he is fit will always play therefore we need a player who every so often can come on and bag a few goals for a ok fee. Could we do better than Vinnie, yes but we could also easily do a lot worse and with our current state we would likely downgrade replacing Vinnie not upgrade.

How do we even know as to whether or not he can play or not?

He's played 300 PL minutes and has scored more than Lamela and Bergwijn combined.

Same story with a list of other players under Jose.

Not saying he's proven that he's a PL caliber player but at least give him a chance.

We're so quick to dismiss players.

If there wasn't a fee for his this year I would be more open to keeping him but anything more than 10m is too much to pay for how little he offers.

He's 26. Like it or not, he's at or close to peak. So unless you think current Vinny is good enough as a back up for when Kane is injured (we've been absolutely lucky this season) against CL and EPL opponents, then he's not good enough. Period.

He's 26. Like it or not, he's at or close to peak. So unless you think current Vinny is good enough as a back up for when Kane is injured (we've been absolutely lucky this season) against CL and EPL opponents, then he's not good enough. Period.

Your not getting someone better to sit on the bench for 95% of the season. The obvious way out is to go for Ings and play two up top but as a backup striker he is better than Soldado or Janssen and we are unlikely to be spending large money on a guy to sit on the bench for Kane all the time.

If there wasn't a fee for his this year I would be more open to keeping him but anything more than 10m is too much to pay for how little he offers.
I would agree with that. Wouldn't pay to keep him. But keep in mind he's #3 behind Kane and Son in terms of goal contributions so he's done his job when he's been playing. I don't think we should be so hard on the guy. a goal contribution every 77 mins is pretty good regardless of the opposition.

I would agree with that. Wouldn't pay to keep him. But keep in mind he's #3 behind Kane and Son in terms of goal contributions so he's done his job when he's been playing. I don't think we should be so hard on the guy. a goal contribution every 77 mins is pretty good regardless of the opposition.

He isn't number 3 in PL goal contributions and that means a lot more than scoring against Marine and Wolfsberger.

You were saying that he hasn't done much in the PL and I'm responding by saying that he's only played 300 minutes and scored a goal in that time period. It's tough to judge a player from 300 mins of cameo appearances.

Sorry, I think he hasn't done much in the PL and hasn't shown any indication that he can or will do much.

Yes he hasn't had enough time and I would have liked to seen him start in the Brighton game in which Kane was out for. But I can't be too angry as he hasn't done enough to prove that he definitely deserves to start.

Forgot to mention in my previous post that last season we had a different manager, that's why Vinicius played regularly and was top scorer.

From 2009-2015 the manager was Jorge Jesus, the period when he got rid of Bernardo Silva, returning again at the start of the current season. Vinicius was quickly identified as being surplus to requirements, which was fantastic, because we then went and bought a much worse player for a ton of money.... 😑

I was called an idiot (definitely true to be fair) for saying its like playing with 10 men just before he scored an open goal against villa. The guy cannot control or pass the ball. Seems a nice lad but not good enough.

Its all well and good scoring against championship standard and lower but I'd rather a player who can hold the ball up well even if he isnt prolific. Someone like Rondon a couple of years ago is streets ahead of Vinicius. Even Llorentes all round game was much better

I don't mind Vinnie, I think he'd do better if he got a run of games in, and it's a bit unfair to judge him based on this shithousery of a season. The only consistent thing this year have been
Kane and Son starting

General question: Timo Werner has had plenty of minutes at Chelsea. If Vinnie had as many, would we be having this discussion?

Today was the perfect game to start Vinicius and yet he was not picked
Just shows that he probably isn't good enough for us and given that Mourinho is now gone I have no doubts that he won't be here next season.
A ST needs to be on the transfer targets list now.

I think he could be good but he will always be a back up, older than I thought when he first came aswell. I think we need to find a young striker to play back up next year and not waste the money.

Back
Top Bottom