Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Portuguese Peter Crouch.

tenor.gif

Not just a big lump upfront , decent touch and can see a pass.
Good start only thing missing was a goal, definitely could see him and Kane starting in the future

Jesus Christ - he did ok, but no typical fanbase has to go overboard on a new glamour singing.
Yeah but he is not a glamour signing is he. He is not an international came for a average fee an is hardly a name. He had a very solid debut. Most impressive he did not desperately try to get shots on target looking for the debut goal that actually means SFA, he showed brains composure and an awareness of what was needed. Swap him for Sissoko or Winks and the team IQ spikes. I wish we'd switch formation on Saturday and subbed him on for N'dombele bet we keep all three points.

Showed some promise though it was against a lackluster squad. We already knew he has the ability to perform against inferior leagues/teams just based on his past statistics. His football IQ is what i'm excited about - clearly knows what he needs to be doing. With a little refinement/coaching, I think he will be a great addition to the squad. I will be very interested to see how he performs in the PL.

Mourinho on Vinicius:

"He played well but he can do better. Not easy to not speak English so the adaptation to the group isn't an easy situation. Different football, different way to play, how we want to press. It's about learning. But with these circumstances, first match he did well. Only thing that was missing was one goal. Showed he's more than that and that he can play with Harry Kane as well."

Yeah but he is not a glamour signing is he. He is not an international came for a average fee an is hardly a name. He had a very solid debut. Most impressive he did not desperately try to get shots on target looking for the debut goal that actually means SFA, he showed brains composure and an awareness of what was needed. Swap him for Sissoko or Winks and the team IQ spikes. I wish we'd switch formation on Saturday and subbed him on for N'dombele bet we keep all three points.

Top scorer in Portugal, one of Benfica’s best players and will cost in the region of £40 million if we sign him.

But not a glamour signing,

Mourinho on Vinicius:

"He played well but he can do better. Not easy to not speak English so the adaptation to the group isn't an easy situation. Different football, different way to play, how we want to press. It's about learning. But with these circumstances, first match he did well. Only thing that was missing was one goal. Showed he's more than that and that he can play with Harry Kane as well."

In other words he did ‘ok’.

Mourinho on Vinicius:

:ledleylick:

Two great assists, basically put them on a plate for Lucas & Son. Made some decent runs and was a good presence up top and nice to give Harry the night off (think I read it was his first time he was an unused sub since 2018??).

Doesn’t speak a word of English and has only been here for about 3 weeks!... Potential is definitely there.

Hopefully not speaking too soon but can’t see him being another Soldado/Janssen signing up front.

Back
Top Bottom