Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best thing is now that potentially we have a reliable number 2 we can rest Kane and provide him with decent competition. We will help get the best out of our best player.

Plenty of positives in his first start. Missed that early chance but didn’t let it affect him. Great link up for Moura’s goal and set up Son for the third.
Enough to suggest he is going to be an asset to the squad.

For me Vinny showing that he can provide a couple of deft assists is far more promising than scoring a tap in that somebody teed up on a plate. Shows that he has a footballing brain and is cute around the box.

Very good debut, I doubt I was the only one that thought "here we go again" when he missed that sitter early on.
But without getting carried away very promising.

I hope the goals come quickly for his confidence. Our last Vinny was also good at link up play, good at most things except putting the ball in the back of the net

he is going to be a permanent Spurs player isn't he... the attributes he showed vs the Austrian farmers isn't going to disappear when he plays against PL opponents. Target man that was long overdue, strong on the ball, pacy, towering physical presence and eager to play others into the game instead of taking wasteful potshots.

He can actually play together with Kane and it doesn't have be an either/or situation...

Levy can start paying lower premiums for Kane's ankle insurance..

For me Vinny showing that he can provide a couple of deft assists is far more promising than scoring a tap in that somebody teed up on a plate. Shows that he has a footballing brain and is cute around the box.

Very good debut, I doubt I was the only one that thought "here we go again" when he missed that sitter early on.
But without getting carried away very promising.
I think it's a bit harsh to call his wide header a "sitter." Yes he should've scored it but it's far from a 10/10 chance that should be converted. I think it's fair to say he feels he should have put him home. It's kind of like the Bale one vs. West Ham, should have scored yes, but not a sitter.

Either way, I agree with your general takeaway that his poise in the box, ability to recognize where his teammates are and get them the ball was impressive to me.

Only negative I saw was that he appeared to constantly be in offsides positions when we had the ball and were on the break. That's easily coachable and probably just a sign that he hasn't fully grasped how we play yet. That's totally fine, but something to monitor.

I was really impressed by his ball control and unselfishness. All strikers get caught offsides at times, I thought Vinicius made intelligent runs and showed great positioning throughout. At worst he looks like he is going to be a really good player for us. Can't wait to see him in action against a Prem defense.

Back
Top Bottom