Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was good last night, but I’d like to see if he could play well in a PL game.
Mourinho said he wants to see him be more physical in the PL. Yesterday looked like he was training up. A bit of attitude and no-nonsense attitude as far as I can detect. He looked good with his brother, Lucas. I can't wait to see him start terrorising defences.

This.

I have always been an advocate of trying to do as best - try and win basically - in the cups as we possibly can.

The amount of frustration over the years at meekly crashing out Europa/FA/League Cup is intense for me. The amount of times we probably could have won it but for basically cunting it off. I'm thinking the year Swansea played Bradford in the final as a prime example or any number of times where had we played a decent XI we'd have progressed.

I don't know the inner workings of the club and the mandate given to the succession of managers we've had over the years but I would like to think it wasn't 'fuck the cups off' in order to maybe finish 4th.

Whatever you think of Mourinho, he will want to win every trophy we are competing for and if we do fall short it won't be because we've decided we don't fancy it. I've been screaming out for years to have a manager who wants the same as me - to at least try and win a trophy on a regular basis.

If Jose can somehow turn this club into one that regularly wins at least something and challenges for the top prizes then that's good enough for me.

All on board the Jose bus. Next stop, Silver.
Look at the clubs who win things, they also win the small trophies, usually the first thing they win then build up to bigger ones. It was a big mistake of Poch unfortunately. Winning breeds confidence and belief and desire.

having a back up striker is essential to achieving that. Now at last we have that. I love how he us a big chap too. Jose said he needs to use his strength more and thats true.

Mourinho said he wants to see him be more physical in the PL. Yesterday looked like he was training up. A bit of attitude and no-nonsense attitude as far as I can detect. He looked good with his brother, Lucas. I can't wait to see him start terrorising defences.

Look at the clubs who win things, they also win the small trophies, usually the first thing they win then build up to bigger ones. It was a big mistake of Poch unfortunately. Winning breeds confidence and belief and desire.

having a back up striker is essential to achieving that. Now at last we have that. I love how he us a big chap too. Jose said he needs to use his strength more and thats true.

Where can I read these comments from Jose?

Were they from last night?

....Seems odd that he say he needs to do more of X in the PL despite not playing there aside from a brief cameo against WBA. I suspect there's context to be considered.....

Where can I read these comments from Jose?

Were they from last night?

....Seems odd that he say he needs to do more of X in the PL despite not playing there aside from a brief cameo against WBA. I suspect there's context to be considered.....

I misread it: it says he has to be more physical to play in the PL. Makes makes a bit more sense. I think he was really trying to improve that side of things last night.

The thought of him leaving already makes me sad...... Just me?
My guess is that if he keeps doing what he is currently, it won’t be an issue. I don’t think he is going to be challenging for a regular starting spot, but he looks like a great backup option.

The fact that he comes here knowing he will be competing against Kane says all we need to know about him, Lazy cunt happy to sit on the bench !
no In all seriousness I’m glad he is happy to come knowing there is no easy route to the first team and it won’t be easy, and judging by his last few games it looks like he is up for the challenge , I honestly don’t think it will be long before we start seeing him start alongside Kane.

My guess is that if he keeps doing what he is currently, it won’t be an issue. I don’t think he is going to be challenging for a regular starting spot, but he looks like a great backup option.
He’ll get his chance to show he can do it in the PL when Kane has injuries.

From what I can see, he won’t struggle too much because in many ways he is a very PL type of CF, good in the air, good at hold up player etc.

I’m quite looking forward to seeing him in the PL.

He’ll get his chance to show he can do it in the PL when Kane has injuries.

From what I can see, he won’t struggle too much because in many ways he is a very PL type of CF, good in the air, good at hold up player etc.

I’m quite looking forward to seeing him in the PL.

Been watched Kane, as we all have, but my eyes are on my mouth breathing, on his ankles and posture after being whacked.

Also, on his pressures, he is no longer leading the press, Jose and his team are clearly instructing the press to more go on around him (whenever dropped into 10 especially), except a few times a half.

This is epic, and I can now much better accept Jose, as he seems to have placed something almost intangible, but sensational, into Kanes conditioning and have literally designed us around him, to protect him from excess fatigue and injury (as much as I think is possible - unless I got hold of his mind to make him accept the amount of Kelp 'n shit, he should be having).

They look like a squad on some sane recovery/training intensities/schedules, Pochs Achilles IMO.

I think we might get an injury free season, save maybe the odd weekend after a clattering.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom