Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair to Vinny, every time he has played he has pretty much scored. Can't do much more than that really.

We all know the back up strikers at Spurs usually always struggle due to lack of playing time so it's never easy. Fair play to Vinny.

Decent player and I think people are delusional if they think we can attract a better quality striker knowing they will play second fiddle to Kane. He gets my vote to come on permanently

People that want him to play like Harry are barking up the wrong tree. They are different player types and thus different approaches to the game. Vinicius is more of a poacher/pure finisher while Kane has more strings on his instrument so to speak.

When Vinicius plays we need a more classic creative 10/playmaker on the pitch as well based on the games he has had. Someone that can deliver the ball to him in positions to score.

He's done his job well
He needs to improve on his hold up play 100% which is why I think he isn't starting in the PL
He's not Harry Kane but he's a good backup and he knows how to find the back of the net.

If we could halve his price tag or something like that then I'd 100% take him but at £40m or whatever it is - nah

To be fair to Vinny, every time he has played he has pretty much scored. Can't do much more than that really.

We all know the back up strikers at Spurs usually always struggle due to lack of playing time so it's never easy. Fair play to Vinny.
Good point - we'd have been in heaven if Llorente (good player) had have scored like that.

I think in his few minutes on the pitch last night, young Scarlett emphasised a lot of what is wrong about Vinicius' game, and his unsuitability for English football. Proper fucking fire in his belly. Proper work against the ball. None of this meek stuff.

He's done his job well
He needs to improve on his hold up play 100% which is why I think he isn't starting in the PL
He's not Harry Kane but he's a good backup and he knows how to find the back of the net.

If we could halve his price tag or something like that then I'd 100% take him but at £40m or whatever it is - nah
that would be Levy's pitch to his club.. "look he isn't even that good which is why we haven't played him the PL, I can take him off your hands for 15 mil and nothing more than that"

Only seeing last night's game now. Think much the same of him as I did at the start: he's alright. Decent squad player, bit of link play, some semblance of a nose for goal. Also a bit physically awkward and unrefined. Value him 15m or less. If Weghorst or Ings were to be an option in the summer both are a lot better and would be worth 20-25m to Vini's 15m. (I'm aware of the proposed fee but c'mon...)

His interview with Lucas about the loss of his mother got me. Seems like a proper lad who came from a humble background.

A player we didn't expect much from that I think we will look back fondly at for staying humble in a difficult situation while also getting goals consistently.

He is doing his job. Can he do more, I doubt it. He does little else but play in the box which is ok as he is scoring and when we have the majority of Possession but not when we do not. Should always be an option from the bench and if we are pressing for a goal in the closing stages then bring him on. Cannot see him staying and as we will no doubt get stronger opposition in Europa from now on, doubt he will start again.

I wonder if Jose would have the balls to sub Kane when he is having one of his "awkward" games and replace him with Vinny, I mean wouldn't it be cool if Vinny came on and scored a winning goal after replacing Kane?
I doubt it would ever happen but ya never know

I like him

No chance we pay 40 mil for him though

Benfica either lower their price or let us have him on loan again
I would pay the €40M. Strikers are expensive. Most strikers you buy fail in the premier league even at a higher cost. Here we have a player who doesn't cause any problems, scores regularly when he plays, is fit, and actually has some ability. As a back up, what more can you ask for? We could spend the same on sone other chap and they will fail so better the certain player on offer here.

His hold up play was atrocious, Bumgardener had him beat all game but he scored 2 goals so he helped the team.
The $64000 question: "Is he worth £40 million?"

Yes he is. Would you rather get 26 year old Vini, Callum Wilson, Willian Jose, or 29 year old Danny Ings?

If Kane even gives the slightest hint of wanting out in the summer, I think we should try and sign Vini, and we should pay the full 40m if needed. It could be extremely difficult to find a better striker with his age/exp/upside for that price.

Not a chance he is worth 40 million, or anything close to it, that is ridiculous.

I have been a fan of his but 40 million gets you a good starting level player. For 40 million we can likely get a guy who can start up front with Kane and Son as well as provide more as a back-up striker than Vini does if Kane is out.

Spending 40 million on him would be crazy any window, 40 million in a pandemic year where money is supposedly tight and we have so many holes would be a disaster.

I am fine keeping him around to play EL games (assuming we get there again) and Cup games so Kane can get a rest but I think we need a better option for a replacement striker for Kane in the PL, whether that is to rest him or when he get injured.

That doesn't necessarily be a striker and could be getting a player like Leao or Zaha (I said like not exact) who could start in a front 3 with Kane and Son but shift to the middle when Kane is out and we bring in someone like Bergwijn to play on the wing.

I like Vinicius but don't have enough trust for him to be relied on when Kane misses PL games. he can still be useful and come on late in those games as well as play in the EL/Cup games but we need a better option as 2nd choice for PL.
I 100% guarantee if we let him go Wolves pick him up for 30 million he comes back and under NES returns to the EPL and plunders a 20 goal season....including the winner at the Lane against us. Its a bloody certainly.

Yes he is. Would you rather get 26 year old Vini, Callum Wilson, Willian Jose, or 29 year old Danny Ings?

If Kane even gives the slightest hint of wanting out in the summer, I think we should try and sign Vini, and we should pay the full 40m if needed. It could be extremely difficult to find a better striker with his age/exp/upside for that price.

Are those the only options we have? And if so why?

Given those options I would easily take Danny Ings. If we are taking what it would actually cost to get guys I would take Wilson at half the price of Vinicius.

But what I would actually do is not limit myself to those 4 guys and go out and get someone who is better and cheaper.

29 year old Danny Ings all day long.
Nobody could afford Kane this summer.
I would take a punt on Vini as well (why not)? but not for big money.

Back
Top Bottom