Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've absolutely nothing personal against him and I genuinely wish him all the best and success. He could be good, he could be crap I'm don't think it's fair to judge (same with all players) whilst playing for the dinosaur. But, he was a dinosaur signing so kinda feels good that the dinosaur chapter is being closed down, what the Dino himself, Gedson and now him all gone there's a sense of cleansing that I approve of.

Hes had one season in the prem, not everyones first season is a barnstormer, he actually could come good. Think weve made a mistake in letting him go to be honest.

Makes sense. We're making a mistake. 15 PL goals minimum if he signs for either of those.

We aren’t making a mistake, he’s not good enough for us. He is not physically or technically at the level required. Even Mourinho hauled him off at HT on his last start against Newcastle, where he made a total of 3 passes.

He’s a converted CB and it shows, in the Portuguese league you can get away with that but not here. No doubt he’d improve with regular minutes but he needs to find a lesser team to get that. There was a game against Antwerp where he was completely bullied by a a CB I’d never even heard of.

With some players going to Euro 2020 and Copa America this summer (plus some injuries we have), he will most likely return to Benfica to help us in the Champions League qualification rounds (early August) and then be sold.

Probably to a club where Jorge Mendes has good connections, which means Wolves. We want one of their players so it all makes sense.

Makes sense. We're making a mistake. 15 PL goals minimum if he signs for either of those.

15 goals minimum would have tied him with Vardy for 7th in the PL last year and that is the minimum meaning you think he has a good chance of being a top 5 striker in the league playing for Wolves or Palace?

I think he should have got more playing time but he at no point last season showed anything to indicate he could be a starting striker in the PL let alone a top 5-7 striker in the league.

15 goals minimum would have tied him with Vardy for 7th in the PL last year and that is the minimum meaning you think he has a good chance of being a top 5 striker in the league playing for Wolves or Palace?

I think he should have got more playing time but he at no point last season showed anything to indicate he could be a starting striker in the PL let alone a top 5-7 striker in the league.
Big and strong with an eye for a goal, but completely ineffective. looks uncoached, touch and movement are all over the place

Big and strong with an eye for a goal, but completely ineffective. looks uncoached, touch and movement are all over the place

I don't think he is a poor player and I think Wolves and Palace could be a good fit for his level but 15 goals is a lot especially expecting it to be at a minimum as the poster said.

I don't think he is a poor player and I think Wolves and Palace could be a good fit for his level but 15 goals is a lot especially expecting it to be at a minimum as the poster said.
I think it’s more than possible if he starts 38 games. Basically like playing with ten men though, a striker from a distant era when if U scored a goal and did nothing else, that’s all that mattered

I'll be amazed if we buy him. He's not aggressive enough to be an EPL player.
But he will make millions for himself and other clubs over the next seasons.

Hes had one season in the prem, not everyones first season is a barnstormer, he actually could come good. Think weve made a mistake in letting him go to be honest.

I think even calling it a season in the EPL is a bit rich...... I don't have the numbers but I'd be shocked if he'd even clocked up 250 mins in the league.

I liked him, but as long as we've got someone we deem better in our sights I'll get over it.

With some players going to Euro 2020 and Copa America this summer (plus some injuries we have), he will most likely return to Benfica to help us in the Champions League qualification rounds (early August) and then be sold.

Probably to a club where Jorge Mendes has good connections, which means Wolves. We want one of their players so it all makes sense.

......Could we interest you in Matt Doherty too?

Back
Top Bottom