Chairman's Message

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well that's fine & we will agree to disagree... I learned years ago that the pro - anti levy argument is a pointless, going around in circles debate , as both sides are stunned at the others views :)

For me Spurs Attack's comment, in a nutshell, is why I support Levy. I understand those who don't who want success quicker, I think it's just a personality trait of people.

For me Spurs Attack's comment, in a nutshell, is why I support Levy. I understand those who don't who want success quicker, I think it's just a personality trait of people.

I dont see it as a trait in myself personally , I just don't trust the guy, never have. I've tried to find a company where he's flourished & made them better, be that footie or business. Can't find one. What people say about "If levy went we may get a bloke who makes us bankrupt!"
Levy has almost done that to 2 football clubs, look at his portfolio... It's weak as fuck but he still get called a business wiz. I just don't get it.

And , here is where I pull out :ledleylick:

I dont see it as a trait in myself personally , I just don't trust the guy, never have. I've tried to find a company where he's flourished & made them better, be that footie or business. Can't find one. What people say about "If levy went we may get a bloke who makes us bankrupt!"
Levy has almost done that to 2 football clubs, look at his portfolio... It's weak as fuck but he still get called a business wiz. I just don't get it.

And , here is where I pull out :ledleylick:

There is one thing at Spurs under this current regime that you can say we will never do and that is going bust.
What is your argument here? I just dont get it. :levyeyes:

There is one thing at Spurs under this current regime that you can say we will never do and that is going bust.
What is your argument here? I just dont get it. :levyeyes:

Lol ..Where did I say that we would?

But when enic do sell up they'll not give a flying fuck who it goes to.

Maybe it'll happen sooner rather than later if rumour a about Lewis/ levy are looking to buy a NFL team are true

Whatever his intention is it's clear he understands our season. Seriously guys, how can we want him out? We could end up with a Tan or one of the many owners that has bankrupt their clubs.
I agree, but it does piss me off that every time we have a shit run of things Levy writes these letters to the fans as if it will appease people. He did the same shit when he sold Berbatov and Keane, but ultimately he's the one who makes a lot of the decisions that result in disappointing times.

Still, at least there's no mention of Tim being around next year.

Sherwood knew everything about our club. He has been here for years and knows our whole squad.
It was a logical decision to wait before panic buying. Now we have time to make the right decision.

No. This isn't true, it never happened and is completely non-factual, it is a grade-A fallacy, it is a misnomer, an incorrectness, a deviation from fact, a fictitious statement of dubious repute.

Levy has made some mistakes, and there have been occasions where I have questioned his suitability from an entirely football perspective. I do hold him largely responsible for not backing Redknapp in the Saha/Nelsen transfer window, not that Redknapp is without blame for changing a successful formation.

That said, there are very few clubs who have a chairman who understands what the club is about, and back them almost entirely consistently.

Randy Lerner is probably the best example of what could look like a promising, exciting new owner go sour. Tan was always a disaster waiting to happen.

Levy will be judged one way or other this season by who he appoints. Get it right, and he'll be a hero, fuck it up and it is another red cross against his judgement.

Whatever his intention is it's clear he understands our season. Seriously guys, how can we want him out? We could end up with a Tan or one of the many owners that has bankrupt their clubs.
We could end up with someone like Tan. But then again Tottenham Hotspur is a slightly bigger animal than Cardiff, so we would could also end up with someone who views success on the field as just as important as profits from player sales.

The man makes a grovelling statement and all of a sudden everyone wants to cuddle him or suck his cock. This is the man who hires proven managers then pulls there pants down by selling their best players after saying he wouldn`t, brings in players who happen to be a good deal rather than strengthening key positions (soldado apart, he must have been high at the time) and refusing to back his managers in consecutive january windows, apart from never once seeing us finish above our major rivals during his decade and a half at the helm. Blow me down !

Sorry, can't disagree more. In fact seeing as the criteria by a number of 'fans' here is how many games you attend to be a 'proper' fan who 'knows his shit' I'd say he 'knows his shit'.
some people could attend every home game, away game, friendly and watch the academy team, and still have a poor grasp of football. Compared to people like me - who live too far to attend, they are infinitely better supporters of the club - irrespective of how much wisdom or understanding of the game we may believe ourselves to have. Buying a shirt and posting a thousand times a week on TFC does not make you a good supporter of the club.

I'm not unhappy with what he has said here but it's what he hasn't said is what's irking me. I know we're unlikely to see it in the official end g season statement but I think we are all dying to know:

The exact reasons why AvB left and we were 'forced to change manager.'

Who exactly is deciding on which players to buy and why, after countless windows, are they not buying the ones the manager wants. (Or are they? We don't know because no one tells us)

Why, after saying bale was not for sale, did we go ahead and sell him anyway? I actually would have understood this more if we hadn't reinvested the money in worse players and they'd said that we desperately need the funds for the stadium.

Unfortunately we don't get to have an AGM any more so these questions rarely get asked in an officials capacity.

I sometimes feel like the chairman and his board think that the club is all theirs and we, the fans, are just a cash producing bunch of morons with no valid claim to an opinion.
We're like the child whose parents only let them play with their favourite toy of they've been a really good boy.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/chairmanand39s-message-110514/

Notwithstanding that today’s match is an opportunity for a top six finish and European qualification again, I am conscious that on this, the last day of the season, we are reflecting on what might have been.

The new signings in the summer had the effect of raising expectations and we all started the season with high hopes, yet the players undoubtedly needed time to adapt to a new league. We were also forced to make managerial changes, which is far from ideal mid-season.

Such is the competitive nature of the Premier League, no one team can guarantee a top four finish. However that’s not what it’s just about - our sense of falling short, felt by all, including the players, is based on some poor performances during the season and knowing we have not performed at the level we know we could have done. Even in games where we gained maximum points, our football was not always what we have come to expect and associate with our Club.

I firmly believe we have a quality squad with many players from whom we have yet to see their full potential and players who have individually shown great form this season. We also have a healthy mix of experience and youth and over the last two seasons particularly we have seen Development Squad players move up to the First Team and put in promising performances.

Our challenge now is to ensure we are in the best possible position for the start of next season - a season in which we shall look for a new level of commitment and performance from all.

We are in the most exciting, watched league in the world. You, our fans, are our lifeblood and we see a huge increase year-on-year in our supporter numbers. This season we celebrated the opening of our 100th Official Supporters’ Club.

So an increased capacity stadium is also a priority. We are currently waiting for the Government’s decision with regard to purchasing the last remaining property necessary to complete the site assembly. In the meantime the pre-commencement works on site are ongoing and we shall continue to keep you updated.

Tomorrow we host a Testimonial match for one of the Club’s true legends, Ledley King, and we are delighted that the Lane will be filled with thousands of you joining the celebration. With so many former players returning it looks like being a night to remember.

Today, let’s get behind the team as they look to put in a winning performance and ensure we compete in Europe once again.

Thank you for your support this season. I wish you and your families a healthy and happy summer and I look forward to welcoming you back for the 2014/2015 season.

Yours

Daniel

Wanker.

Fuck you.

Back
Top Bottom