Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our result tonight surely should give your guys a boost. These matches are all about momentum; if you score first then they will suddenly be under pressure, as another Spurs goal would make things very difficult for them.

Being the favourites, and on the brink of securing a place in the final is bound to affect them. Maybe positively, maybe negatively.

There was a moment in the first leg when van de Beek could have squared the ball to a teammate for an easy tap in but went for glory instead, which suggests the latter is more likely.

In fact that moment may prove to be as decisive as Dembele’s first leg miss — when any sort of well directed shot would have made it 4 - 0 to Barcelona — was to our match.

Well done tonight, that's what makes football the greatest spectacle on Earth. A wonderful game to watch fair play

To each their own. After listening to the pod with the Pool fans, I think fans can respect efforts. Sure we can complain about history or wealth, but I am just a fan of football. That was good football
Dont really have much hatred towards liverpool. Only chavs, arse and spammers are on my list. As a neutral, enjoyed the f out that match.

Our result tonight surely should give your guys a boost. These matches are all about momentum; if you score first then they will suddenly be under pressure, as another Spurs goal would make things very difficult for them.

Being the favourites, and on the brink of securing a place in the final is bound to affect them. Maybe positively, maybe negatively.

There was a moment in the first leg when van de Beek could have squared the ball to a teammate for an easy tap in but went for glory instead, which suggests the latter is more likely.

In fact that moment may prove to be as decisive as Dembele’s first leg miss — when any sort of well directed shot would have made it 4 - 0 to Barcelona — was to our match.

Not a personal dig towards you but I really sincerely hope we play against you in the final, take you all the way to the final minute of extra time and then Harry Kane smashes a ball which is heading wide but it then comes straight off Mo Salahs face which deflects and rifles into the top corner for an own goal to win the game.

Then every single one of our players runs over to Klopp and celebrates in front of his gurning face whilst Jamie Carragher cries on the sideline and spits at people and Robbie Fowler screams "Next year will be out year kidda!"

Is that too much to ask for?

If we do manage to beat Ajax tomorrow. What's the chance of us telling UEFA to fuck off so that we can hold the potential all-English Champions League Final in England for the English fans that support the two English teams. As opposed to having to play in front of a bunch of cunts that'll attempt to beat the shit out of the supporters outside the ground, shout racist abuse at the black players on the pitch and chuck a fuck load of flares all over the place.

We'll just pick a neutral ground... Wembley perhaps? :levyeyes:

We've got to win tomorrow
Not a personal dig towards you but I really sincerely hope we play against you in the final, take you all the way to the final minute of extra time and then Harry Kane smashes a ball which is heading wide but it then comes straight off Mo Salahs face which deflects and rifles into the top corner for an own goal to win the game.

Then every single one of our players runs over to Klopp and celebrates in front of his gurning face whilst Jamie Carragher cries on the sideline and spits at people and Robbie Fowler screams "Next year will be out year kidda!"

Is that too much to ask for?
mark%2Bruffalo%2Bjerking%2Boff%2B3.gif

Third time in a row.
I'm looking forward to another tough draw which seems to get the best out of us. Historic European games in our brand new stadium.
tottenham-hotspur-cl-01-450x256.jpg

I'm shit at match threads but seem to be all right at CL season threads.

Honestly, for me, just being in the CL at all is a dream come true. Year after year Woolwich would be in the CL at our expense while we suffered Europa League shame. It broke my heart that we weren't good enough to be in the CL. I love seeing our club name on that bit of paper, the best feeling to be worthy to be in the draw, it's validation that we are good. And here we are at the one stage where there is no draw because there are only two teams left. And we are one of them. Beyond my wildest dreams. I've supported this club since I was a kid, when we were mid table and even being talked about in the same sentence as relegation. I know I'm not the only one. This is for all of us. We are back where we belong.

At half time I was thinking a similar sentiment. When I was a kid, Iversen and Ian Walker were our players, now we're challenging in the semi. When we got to 2-2, I was honestly thinking: I don't give a fuck who wins now, this journey is amazing.

Then to actually win... Wow. I feel privileged to watch my own team in a final and I wish this forum shared a similar sentiment instead of whining about Lamela and chastising Eriksen.

In 1962 I watched one of the best teams in Europe narrowly fail to get to the final of the top European competition. I did not expect it would be 57 years before we would get to the final.

At half time I was thinking a similar sentiment. When I was a kid, Iversen and Ian Walker were our players, now we're challenging in the semi. When we got to 2-2, I was honestly thinking: I don't give a fuck who wins now, this journey is amazing.

Then to actually win... Wow. I feel privileged to watch my own team in a final and I wish this forum shared a similar sentiment instead of whining about Lamela and chastising Eriksen.
Agreed, when it was 2-0 I was saying to my dad (lifelong yid and the reason I am a Spurs fan) 'I know we probably won't win from win from here but at least score to give us a bit of hope so that I can dream'. And they did fucking more than that, TO DARE IS TO DO

Long-time lurker here making a first post...

Some of the last few posts about the game in Amsterdam talked about the “generational” nature of their experience on Wednesday night, and this season’s UCL campaign in general. I’ve been getting my dad (aged 76, responsible for us all supporting Spurs after he caught a couple of matches on an 18th birthday adventure to London...in April 1961) and one sometimes both of my brothers round to mine to watch these UCL games. While letting my 4 year old son sit up and watch the first half in his number 10 Spurs shirt.

For the Ajax away game, I sent the little fella off to bed at half time (in his jersey!) with a “they’ve done great to reach the semi-finals, don’t be sad, they’ll be back in it next year” chat. My Dad and my older brother couldn’t make it till half time, and arrived saying pity the tie looked over. Ah well, last time we’d been in a European Cup semi-final, my Dad had still been a teenager, and our last semi-final in European competition my younger brother (watching on a dodgy stream on holiday in Greece had been four years old).

And then.

It was magical the three of us jumping round like maniacs about 50 minutes later. Then going through the whole emotion again with my son when he woke up on Thursday morning.

Needless to say, the Spurs bug has well and truly been passed on to the next generation.

Since we qualified for next year's CL through the league we have also made sure that RB Salzburg get a spot in the group stage.

Friendship with Ajax over? Red Bull new best friend?

Asked this a couple of years ago, and I’ll ask agin in light of recent results

Would you rather win the Premier League or make a deep run in the Champions League?

I still chuckle about one reply I received “I’d like to go deep in your mum”

This is a salty group

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom