Charlton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure if anyone has posted anything on this yet, but today they were taken over by a Sheikh with an estimated 150 billion net worth.
As a south Londoner that went to the Valley occasionally growing up, I’m quite happy for them, especially considering the heinous owners they had previously

Interesting times for them

Not sure if anyone has posted anything on this yet, but today they were taken over by a Sheikh with an estimated 150 billion net worth.
As a south Londoner that went to the Valley occasionally growing up, I’m quite happy for them, especially considering the heinous owners they had previously

Interesting times for them

All the right words coming from them :
While we may be the club owners, truly we are only the custodians. The true spirit of this football club rests with the fans, it is nothing without them. Their support throughout some difficult times both recently and in the past has been inspirational and we intend to build on that loyalty. Our priority will be immediate contact with fan groups in order that their views play a major role in the club going forward.

We believe the football side of the club is in excellent hands with Lee Bowyer and what he and the players have achieved following promotion has been outstanding. We will do everything possible to support Lee’s vision and ambitions.

Given the previous owners, this is probably a good move for Charlton. But I wonder if it'll be a repeat of the 'financial shenanigans' we see at ManCity and it becomes more of a 'plastic club' ?

All the right words coming from them :
While we may be the club owners, truly we are only the custodians. The true spirit of this football club rests with the fans, it is nothing without them. Their support throughout some difficult times both recently and in the past has been inspirational and we intend to build on that loyalty. Our priority will be immediate contact with fan groups in order that their views play a major role in the club going forward.

We believe the football side of the club is in excellent hands with Lee Bowyer and what he and the players have achieved following promotion has been outstanding. We will do everything possible to support Lee’s vision and ambitions.

Given the previous owners, this is probably a good move for Charlton. But I wonder if it'll be a repeat of the 'financial shenanigans' we see at ManCity and it becomes more of a 'plastic club' ?
Yeah no doubt they’ll become plastic, but I think for a club like Charlton it’s genuinely the only way forward for them

their fans are happy clappers anyway so very much doubt they’d care what others think of them

Yeah no doubt they’ll become plastic, but I think for a club like Charlton it’s genuinely the only way forward for them

their fans are happy clappers anyway so very much doubt they’d care what others think of them
Millwall, Orient & Charlton really need to get their shit together as they are giving West Ham a free ride. Imagine if these clubs can get rejuvenated the effect that will have on the hapless hammers.

Millwall, Orient & Charlton really need to get their shit together as they are giving West Ham a free ride. Imagine if these clubs can get rejuvenated the effect that will have on the hapless hammers.
Yeah good point, although seeing Millwall in the prem may scar me for life, horrible cunts

Charlton have a real hardcore ..small but intensley loyal true support who've gone through some shit through the years..lost the valley and played at palace and upton park before re emerging and getting stictched up for a 2nd time..i cant think of a fan base that deserve a little bit of good fortune and succes more than them...if someone wants to pay for that then bring it on for themi say ...
I recall the old valley stand that alone held over 50.000 and there was a time when 70.000 at the valley wasnt uncommon.. thats never going to happen again but its about time they had some good fortune.

Charlton have a real hardcore ..small but intensley loyal true support who've gone through some shit through the years..lost the valley and played at palace and upton park before re emerging and getting stictched up for a 2nd time..i cant think of a fan base that deserve a little bit of good fortune and succes more than them...if someone wants to pay for that then bring it on for themi say ...
I recall the old valley stand that alone held over 50.000 and there was a time when 70.000 at the valley wasnt uncommon.. thats never going to happen again but its about time they had some good fortune.
Yeah I agree, they’ve had it tough. I always thought this would happen at some stage. London club, nice stadium, pretty good youth set up. I hope it goes well for them, as long as they don’t start challenging us obviously

Yeah I agree, they’ve had it tough. I always thought this would happen at some stage. London club, nice stadium, pretty good youth set up. I hope it goes well for them, as long as they don’t start challenging us obviously
I played against them at youth level many many years ago at u/16s south east counties div 2
. They had a little twat up front that caused us all sorts of problems .. paul walsh ..wonder what happened to him !😄😄

I played against them at youth level many many years ago at u/16s south east counties div 2
. They had a little twat up front that caused us all sorts of problems .. paul walsh ..wonder what happened to him !😄😄
And I was at the Valley when another ex-Spur scored a hatrick against us.
How that was given as a 30,000 attendance I'll never know.

Don't know how Pompey are rated amongst local Tottenham fans, but those bastards have had a rough couple of years for a bit much at this point. But yes, Charlton, Orient are also other clubs that deserve more than what they have/had.

Don't know how Pompey are rated amongst local Tottenham fans, but those bastards have had a rough couple of years for a bit much at this point. But yes, Charlton, Orient are also other clubs that deserve more than what they have/had.
I was part of something else away from football with some of the old 657 lads from pompey and know what they went through ..glad there still around and hooe they go from strength to strength .

From the old football grounds I think I only regret never seeing live Wolve’s south bank, City’s kippax, and Charlton’s East terrace. Rumor was it was never filled.
Never felt any grudge towards them but that’s because I never met any of their lot. Would rather have them than Fulham at the PL

From the old football grounds I think I only regret never seeing live Wolve’s south bank, City’s kippax, and Charlton’s East terrace. Rumor was it was never filled.
Never felt any grudge towards them but that’s because I never met any of their lot. Would rather have them than Fulham at the PL
They’re a pretty inoffensive club to be honest, I know a load of Charlton fans, grew up blackheath/lewisham area, I wouldn’t get on the wrong side of a few of them but all in all they are nice fellas

They’re a pretty inoffensive club to be honest, I know a load of Charlton fans, grew up blackheath/lewisham area, I wouldn’t get on the wrong side of a few of them but all in all they are nice fellas
Mate of mine is charlton, goes home and most aways with his ageing dad and boys. Proper South London bloke, love winding him up calling ' charlton, the London club nobody talks about'

He has a real hatred for spam, which is fine by me

Sounds awful

:mourfacepalm:

Charlton still have a good academy producing some top players - Joe Gomez (RB/CB) now at Liverpool and England squad regular being one of their latest.

If they continue to produce a good player every year or two it will keep Charlton going nicely by either playing for the first team or sold to raise cash.

Back
Top Bottom