Charlton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Charlton have a real hardcore ..small but intensley loyal true support who've gone through some shit through the years..lost the valley and played at palace and upton park before re emerging and getting stictched up for a 2nd time..i cant think of a fan base that deserve a little bit of good fortune and succes more than them...if someone wants to pay for that then bring it on for themi say ...
I recall the old valley stand that alone held over 50.000 and there was a time when 70.000 at the valley wasnt uncommon.. thats never going to happen again but its about time they had some good fortune.
It's still a great ground,even now. And deserves a better class of football than it's getting. I always enjoyed a drink round Charlton way.
Pleased for Charlton fans as well.

From the old football grounds I think I only regret never seeing live Wolve’s south bank, City’s kippax, and Charlton’s East terrace. Rumor was it was never filled.
Never felt any grudge towards them but that’s because I never met any of their lot. Would rather have them than Fulham at the PL
Was in Wolves South Bank for our games in 78/79, 79/80, 81/82 and 83/84. An enormous structure that held 30,000 when packed. The 78/79 game was the only time I saw their Waterloo Road stand. Was knocked soon after.

I was part of something else away from football with some of the old 657 lads from pompey and know what they went through ..glad there still around and hooe they go from strength to strength .
We had a tough time at Fratton Park, when we played their in a pre-season friendly in 1980. Not many of us, and completely outnumbered by their skins. We had to go on the pitch into the side stand where the players came out.

We had a tough time at Fratton Park, when we played their in a pre-season friendly in 1980. Not many of us, and completely outnumbered by their skins. We had to go on the pitch into the side stand where the players came out.
They where always a good firm ..another place you never got an easy time ..later got to know a few off them well outside football so to speak... it was one of theres that got disabled by a mob of 15/20 russians in marseille during the world cup and he wernt there looking to dance.... ... cunts .

With the endless shit this Club has been through for ages now this is a good start. It's only a tweet but if you were a Charlton fan it ticks all the right boxes.

Whilst I have no love for them as a Club, I do think Clubs should have owners that give the Club and therefore the community that the Club is an emblem for to be run well and not by some complete cunt(s).

If Charlton were better run they should be on par with Fulham, bouncing between Championship and PL. They are the perfect Club to destroy West Ham, as they have a Stadium that's set within the heart of the community, that part of London has the right dynamic required for a modern-day Club, which is a mix of affluent and working-class. If targeted well they can suck all the "new breed" supporter that West Ham are targeting, those that are moving into Stratford and Hackney Wick. With all the negativity around the banter bowl, their shit nazi fanbase and a Club with no soul there are two options Orient and Charlton, of the two it's Charlton I think that might have the better opportunity to push on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom