Chavski Vs Tottenham - League Cup Semi Final (1st Leg) - Wed 5th Jan KO 7:45pm, live on SKY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
New year, new hope...

269778484_2567267853407018_8844111737839292310_n.jpg

Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
COYS
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif

Last edited:
Already nervous!

Fucking hate them, but they're struggling at the min.

Draw at the bridge okay - winner takes all at the lane, that'll do me.

we can go all out, it's Morecabme on Sunday.

First big away test for Conte.

I can see this being a very cagey game, with no away goals and a 2 legged affair, I can see us playing for a 0-0.

Son looks like he needs a break from football, maybe bring in Bergwyjin for him.

Son does not look like he needs a break from football.
He helped us get the only goal in our last 2 games.
It is essential he starts.
With Morecambe as our next game and 3 full days rest after yesterday IMO coach Conte will field at least 10 of those who started v Watford, probs the same XI.

Son does not look like he needs a break from football.
He helped us get the only goal in our last 2 games.
It is essential he starts.
With Morecambe as our next game and 3 full days rest after yesterday IMO coach Conte will field at least 10 of those who started v Watford, probs the same XI.
Same 11 bar the hapless PEH

Hard, early evening game for them today, then one less day to recover before Wednesday. Makes a nice change, doesn't it?

COYS

We just need to make sure we are still in the tie when we play them at our place.
We always seem to meet these in semi final or finals in recent years, wasn't we unlucky a couple of years ago lost on penalty shootout when in years previous our away goal would have seen us through.

The last thing we need is for Liverpool to do them tomorrow
Why? Personally I'd quite like a draw there as I detest both*, and who knows, one of them might even collapse enough for us to catch them (dreaming now I know), but Liverpool smashing them up wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for our upcoming game. There's this theory that when clubs get a good beating they turn up with 'greater powers' for the next game, but more often than not it's a myth. I'd much rather play a team going through a bad run of form than a good run of form. If Liverpool beat them today, Lukaku has a stinker meaning that both he and Tuchel get pelters from their fans, and the whole feeling at their place is one of unease and concern, that is more likely to be good news for us than bad.

* Off-topic: I say this bit cautiously as it might not be a popular opinion on here, but all other things aside, I actually hate Liverpool more than I hate Chelsea or Woolwich. Not even the club or players, more the fans. Chelsea may have more aggressive racist fans, but the scousers are also like that in their day-to-day lives. How many scummy Chelsea fans have you met on holiday? Very few compared to scousers, of whom 90% appear to be total scum human beings 99% of the time, not just where football rivalries are concerned. Did you know that many of them don't even consider Liverpool to be part of England? I'm not even joking...

Back
Top Bottom