Cheese & Cucumber Sandwichgate

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

mummy

We're not dead yet ...are we?
I took a cheese and cucumber sandwich to the first test event at the new stadium (Under 18's vs Southampton U18's) and it flew through security - no problem at all.

Today, I took an IDENTICAL cheese & cucumber sandwich to the West Ham game and it was CONFISCATED - chucked, without ceremony, into a wheelie bin.

I admit it was crap sliced white bread, but PLEASE, let's have some consistency.

To add insult to injury, I was allowed to take my 4 tomatoes through. If it's a safety issue, what would YOU rather throw - a cheese & cucumber sandwich or a tomato? If it's a food issue, how come tomatoes aren't food?

Csetu0w.jpg

Where did you get Spurs logo bread from?
It's not Spurs Logo Bread - it's normal bread and I press my plastic Spurs Toast Logo Maker into it.

You'll be pleased to know I didn't let the bastards beat me - I made another sandwich as soon as I got home.

Anyway - what's the official ruling? Can I take my sarnies in or not ffs???

I just got the definitive answer, from Adele at Ask Spurs:

"Many thanks for your email.
The policy is no drinks or food to be taken into the stadium. Some snacks will be permitted and discretion will be exercised going forward. It is an issue that relates to provenance, safety and rubbish generated."

So we can close this thread now - except that I don't know what 'provenance' has got to do with it, other than they only want you to create rubbish that you've paid for inside the ground. Typical corporation.

At least you will be unencumbered with cucumber at the next game. Unencucumbered even.

I have taken the unilateral decision to award mummy mummy the poster of the day prize.

Disclaimer.

There’s not actually a prize, just thought this is an excellent thread. Made extra special by the appearance of Spurs branded bread. It’s the attention to detail that really sorts the men from the boys.

Cheese and cucumber is a bit of a shit effort in 2019.

Come on, this is modern football and we have standards in our new stadium. If it was organic fennel salami from Naples with tomato and avocado in artisan sourdough, cracked black pepper with extra virgin olive oil, then you’d be fine.

You have to remember we are all representatives of societal elite, given we can afford £1,200+ for season tickets.

It seems that we are all considerably, considerably, richer... than... YAOU!

Security's getting highly lax in the new stadium.

At half time I saw that at least TWO cherry tomatoes had been smuggled in. Sadly, just before the re-start, I witnesses one of them coming to a sticky end. Hopefully the remaining little guy went on to greater things.

0JqKKc0.jpg

EU9B9Zi.jpg

hEEVb4K.jpg

They kind of predicted the result - Spurs 2, Saints crushed.

Serious point 1 - think that taking your own food is a no-no and is mentioned in the email the Club issue prior to each game. Think the stewards are allowed a bit of discretion in the case of sweets for kids.
Serious point 2 - where did you get the Spurs logo thingy?
Love this thread, needed a bit of light relief after today's result, so thank you for making me LOL

Back
Top Bottom