Cheese & Cucumber Sandwichgate

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just got the definitive answer, from Adele at Ask Spurs:

"Many thanks for your email.
The policy is no drinks or food to be taken into the stadium. Some snacks will be permitted and discretion will be exercised going forward. It is an issue that relates to provenance, safety and rubbish generated."

So we can close this thread now - except that I don't know what 'provenance' has got to do with it, other than they only want you to create rubbish that you've paid for inside the ground. Typical corporation.

The policy is no drinks or food to be taken into the stadium. Some snacks will be permitted and discretion will be exercised going forward. It is an issue that relates to provenance, safety and rubbish generated."

So we can close this thread now - except that I don't know what 'provenance' has got to do with it, other than they only want you to create rubbish that you've paid for inside the ground. Typical corporation.
Did you send a pic of the offending sandwich?

At least you will be unencumbered with cucumber at the next game. Unencucumbered even.

Apologies - I didn't tell you the whole story. You're absolutely right - cheese & cucumber is not good, but mine had salad cream on it, which magically transforms it into something bloody lovely.
Cheese cucumber and salad cream???

Mate you might as well be sucking off hobos. I bet you don’t even cut the cucumber up, just chuck it in whole

So would this guy get in?

aA3mPX9_700b.jpg

I've just re-read the reply from Ask Spurs. Since when did a cheese sandwich need to have provenance? I thought provenance was for antiques and old masters. I suppose I could provide a receipt for the ingredients.

Any thoughts on the best way of getting an uneaten round of cheese & cucumber into the live screening?

Back
Top Bottom