Chelsea U21 vs Tottenham U21 - Friday 30 October

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully the official site will have a proper report soon as I have no idea who scored the goals. But we won 3-1 in an entertaining game and it was a deserved scoreline and victory, with our boys dominating for almost all of the match. Clearly, we're being encouraged to pass the ball - including the 'keeper, and it was nice to see patient, controlled football from our young team.

The first half was quite boring for large parts, and we looked very comfortable with the vast majority of possession; in the second half, Chelsea had some individual, bursts of energy... but they lacked any decent or even vaguely cohesive team play. They played like demotivated, badly managed but talented individuals.

If our final passing in the final third - especially crossing and passing from e.g. McEvoy - had been sharper, the scoreline would have been embarrassing. But it was a great team performance, with a clear philosophy and a solid system in place.

Always nice to see cocky provincial Chavs lose too. I'll try and put a few pictures up but they're shite as I'm crap at taking them and I only had a dodgy old iPhone. For anyone who was there, hope you enjoyed it.

I should add that Cameron Carter-Vickers was immense throughout: physical, powerful, strong, composed... would love to see him progress into our First XI. Given the lack of talented centre backs in England, he could have some future!

Last edited:
Hopefully the official site will have a proper report soon as I have no idea who scored the goals. But we won 3-1 in an entertaining game and it was a deserved scoreline and victory, with our boys dominating for almost all of the match. Clearly, we're being encouraged to pass the ball - including the 'keeper, and it was nice to see patient, controlled football from our young team.

The first half was quite boring for large parts, and we looked very comfortable with the vast majority of possession; in the second half, Chelsea had some individual, bursts of energy... but they lacked any decent or even vaguely cohesive team play. They played like demotivated, badly managed but talented individuals.

If our final passing in the final third - especially crossing and passing from e.g. McEvoy - had been sharper, the scoreline would have been embarrassing. But it was a great team performance, with a clear philosophy and a solid system in place.

Always nice to see cocky provincial Chavs lose too. I'll try and put a few pictures up but they're shite as I'm crap at taking them and I only had a dodgy old iPhone. For anyone who was there, hope you enjoyed it.

I should add that Cameron Carter-Vickers was immense throughout: physical, powerful, strong, composed... would love to see him progress into our First XI. Given the lack of talented centre backs in England, he could have some future!

CCV is playing for USA U23's already and has just signed a new contract, gutted he didn't play when I saw the team at Norwich was excited to see him.

CCV is playing for USA U23's already and has just signed a new contract, gutted he didn't play when I saw the team at Norwich was excited to see him.
He worked hard all match, won every header, was totally dominant over their attack, but it was his overall composure and calmness that were equally impressive. He's got a future if he keeps working hard.

Provincial chavs in their pen like the animals they are...
By3nILI.jpg

Tottenham fans (stand and terrace) going mental for the big game...
hBSfLV3.jpg

The players come over the thank the fans...
2QLaI13.jpg

Team comes off the pitch whilst Ugo quietly practices his routine for the nighclubs of Aldershot...
w42W3Pk.jpg

Zenon Stylianides (started in midfield and played very well) posted this after the game. Very sad, what a brave kid.

CSmQqhMWUAAOTcV.jpg
Really puts things into perspective, really hope the kid makes it and his real sacrifice gives him and his family some solace in the future

Provincial chavs in their pen like the animals they are...
By3nILI.jpg

Tottenham fans (stand and terrace) going mental for the big game...
hBSfLV3.jpg

The players come over the thank the fans...
2QLaI13.jpg

Team comes off the pitch whilst Ugo quietly practices his routine for the nighclubs of Aldershot...
w42W3Pk.jpg

Love that the players go over to any away support at these games, they did it at Norwich and it was great, must be nice for them as well

Back
Top Bottom