Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

mummy

We're not dead yet ...are we?
Apologies for starting this thread before we've played Leipzig, but I've just been watching highlights of our corresponding fixture at Stamford Bridge on April Fools' Day, 2018.

It's a good watch and a juicy hors d'oevres for this Saturday's mega-fixture. It would be nice to see a repeat performance from Dele, who's first goal was nothing short of magical. There are other team members, now departed, who also put on a good show.

This is, of course, a six-pointer. We've had them on the rack more than once recently and we must do them again.

COYS

I'm somewhat confident about this game. even without Kane, we have the better forwards and if they show up, I fancy our chances. Big questions to ask of our defence, just to keep us in it. Winksy has been playing great so that's big for us, hopefully GLC and Ndombele ahead of him. The more I think about it, this is going to be a very juicy game.

Dreading this to be honest. More than capable of beating them, their home form is pretty poor (11th best in the league) but then our away form also isn't that good (10th).

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Davies
Ndombele - Winks - Lo Celso
Dele - Son - Bergwijn
Hard to actually pick a team nowadays. It always seems harsh to leave Tanganga out now really. Lucas has worked ridiculously hard all season but perhaps doesn't have the output to match. Dele loves it against Chelsea and Son and Bergwijn are probably undroppable in our current state.

In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me to see Jose go 3 at the back to bring Tanganga back in the side. Put Dele in midfield and leave Ndombele on the bench.

A win would be huge but its important to simply not lose. Chelsea seem to be even more inconsistent than us and don't have easy fixtures coming up.

Dreading this to be honest. More than capable of beating them, their home form is pretty poor (11th best in the league) but then our away form also isn't that good (10th).

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Davies
Ndombele - Winks - Lo Celso
Dele - Son - Bergwijn
Hard to actually pick a team nowadays. It always seems harsh to leave Tanganga out now really. Lucas has worked ridiculously hard all season but perhaps doesn't have the output to match. Dele loves it against Chelsea and Son and Bergwijn are probably undroppable in our current state.

In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me to see Jose go 3 at the back to bring Tanganga back in the side. Put Dele in midfield and leave Ndombele on the bench.

A win would be huge but its important to simply not lose. Chelsea seem to be even more inconsistent than us and don't have easy fixtures coming up.
after Tanganga's showings against Liverpool and City, i think he's got to start. Davies doesn't fill me with confidence

Dele was pretty hideous yesterday but he likes playing against these cunts and will hopefully wind their fans up

That’s what I’m hoping

Maybe Jose will bench him against Leipzig and he will come out firing against the Chav scum

What a massive game this is, it probably is the most important one of our season. I am still gutted about how shit we were in there reverse fixture when we had them in our grasp.

I hope the players use that game as fuel to prove to us and themselves that we deserve to be in the champions league.

We NEED to turn up for this, no excuses.

We were in a similar position when we played them at WHL and embarassed ourselves, now we have managed to claw our way back to where we were I hope the players are ready this time.

The only selection decision, assuming we don't get any more injuries, is the full-backs. Aurier was diabolical against them at WHL and gave them a free goal, Davies I'm not sure can play 3 games in 6 days after his injury layoff. Tanganga will replace one of them but which one?

ss.png

:mourbringit:

Back
Top Bottom