Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur - 'The Mind Series' - 19.45 Wednesday 4 August

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally I think Chilwell is in the top 5 left-backs around, so to me, that makes him world-class. If people want to say he's a level below that I'm perfectly fine with that. You won't find many if any United fans who say that Luke Shaw isn't world-class, or Liverpool fan's that say Andrew Robertson isn't world-class. And he's on that sort of level.

Chillwell was just an example...... Point remains; your being loose as fuck with the notion of WC.

This may be heresy, but I would have Gollini as my number 1 goalie. Hugo's been magnificent, but - sorry- those bones are brittle and the reaction time isn't what it was. Time to move on?
After one decent match ?

Jumping the gun a little I feel

Dele is just not quick enough with his feet to play midfield.
Can we not play him on the left instead of Bergy. I know he scored but we don’t get much from him. Dele needs to be up near the penalty area. He can knock little balls in or get up for headers.
How about playing him as a false nine. Sonny isn’t good enough to play as a centre forward. Cannot seem to hold the ball.

The problem with that, other than Dele not being close to good enough to play in our starting 11 let alone to make adjustments to fit him in, is that we would need elite scoring wingers, like Liverpool has with Mane and Salah and other than Son we don't have it.

Playing Dele as a false 9 with non-goal scoring threats like Bergwijn or Moura as the 3rd guy doesn't work.

Excellent post...melters gotta melt and it's the same names every flipping thread. Most of them don't even know we are playing half of the time.
What utter rubbish. If you are blinded by the second half after the one-sided spectacle in the first, you are crazy. Check out their side in the second, how many will play 3 PL games next season for them? Pulisic maybe…… I doubt more than three will even be there in Sept

M.Sarr

T. Abraham

C. Pulisic

R. Loftus-Cheek
M. Bettinelli

T. Bakayoko

E. Ampadu

D. Zappacosta
M. Batshuayi

T. Anjorin

M. Miazga

Kenedy

What utter rubbish. If you are blinded by the second half after the one-sided spectacle in the first, you are crazy. Check out their side in the second, how many will play 3 PL games next season for them? Pulisic maybe…… I doubt more than three will even be there in Sept

M.Sarr

T. Abraham

C. Pulisic

R. Loftus-Cheek
M. Bettinelli

T. Bakayoko

E. Ampadu

D. Zappacosta
M. Batshuayi

T. Anjorin

M. Miazga

Kenedy

If you think pre-season friendlies are anything more than fitness exercises you are insane - trying to read anything into them is just an exercise in futility ....

Man Utd pre-season last year 100% loses - they finished 2nd .....

If you think pre-season friendlies are anything more than fitness exercises you are insane - trying to read anything into them is just an exercise in futility ....

Man Utd pre-season last year 100% loses - they finished 2nd .....
Agree re: results but performances? Not so sure. We were so bad, nothing has changed from Jose’s shitshow…. We were so outclassed

The problem with that, other than Dele not being close to good enough to play in our starting 11 let alone to make adjustments to fit him in, is that we would need elite scoring wingers, like Liverpool has with Mane and Salah and other than Son we don't have it.

Playing Dele as a false 9 with non-goal scoring threats like Bergwijn or Moura as the 3rd guy doesn't work.
Can we all agree that playing him in MF doesn’t work? He’s absolutely hopeless in the middle third

I think you can just end the sentence at hopeless.

But yes playing him in the MF certainly doesn't work.
He can still finish so find a way for him to play in the box, or move him on. He has been scuttling around in MF, stinking the place out since Southgate played him there in in 2018. If Nuno hasn’t watched enough recent clips to know he can’t play there then we have a problem

Back
Top Bottom