CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tomo

Supporter
To be shown on Sky Sports. Our boggy team even before Chavs got money, we never seem to turn up for them, they haven’t been great in the league so let’s show the sprit we showed tonight and fingers crossed get a win, even a draw would be a great result.

COYS

Expected line-up:

-------------------Lloris-------------------
----Tanganga---Sanchez---Davies----
--Doherty--Skipp--Hojberg--Reggy--
-------Bergwijn---Kane---Lucas-------

Would be fun to see Rodon play or Romero to comeback, but its not expected.
Could be well 3-5-2 again, but this time I think Lucas place is at risk. Doherty and Bergwijn definetely starts, they earned it.

Can we get a result once against this shower away at their shithole? Please Tottenham?

Lloris
Tanganga (God help us) - Sanchez - Davies
Doherty - Winks - Skipp - Hojbjerg - Reguilon
Bergwijn - Kane

Adama, Lucas and Sessegnon to come on.

0-0.

Expected line-up:

-------------------Lloris-------------------
----Tanganga---Sanchez---Davies----
--Doherty--Skipp--Hojberg--Reggy--
-------Bergwijn---Kane---Lucas-------

Would be fun to see Rodon play or Romero to comeback, but its not expected.
Could be well 3-5-2 again, but this time I think Lucas place is at risk. Doherty and Bergwijn definetely starts, they earned it.

I agree with this lineup. I hope we are well-organized defensively and arrive ready to match the intensity of the occasion. They really need a win to get things back on track, and we've been beaten far too often by them lately. We could make a real statement of intent here by beating them. Even a strong draw would be a good result for us.

As always vs Chelsea, I worry about us getting overrun in midfield. If we go back to a CM 2, I'm hoping Kane will drop deep often to help out in defense and buildup play, and look to play Lucas and Bergwijn behind the defense. PEH and Skipp are solid, but without Kane dropping deep we struggle to find the creativity to open up better quality teams (and sometimes even the not so quality teams).

The energy and teamwork from today could get us through. Job one is to keep positive momentum. Just want to see a competitive effort. Conte is bringing out the best in everyone, (except for Ndombele).

We won’t win, even though Brighton played them off the pitch two games in a row. We will show up be passive and get spanked 2 or 3 to nil again.

Despite yesterday’s incredible win, I still have no confidence against this lot. Chelsea could put out a 1st 11 with no arms and legs, but still find a way to fuck us over. We just never turn up at Stamford bridge unfortunately. A draw would be unreal.

We need a team of the world's greatest psychologists to work on changing the mindset going into this fixture.

My wife might be some way off the Premier League in her profession but I've just asked her and she's willing to fly out at a moment's notice.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom