CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should read the sun website. All pro chelsea yet seeing those combat photos is disgusting. Bunch of animals chelsea . Rudiger likes playing us as enjoyed antagonising us last 2 years. Despicable club chelsea.
Can I just stress that those photos are from YEARS GONE BY... not yesterday's game!

I was merely trying to prove that they've always been despicable ...and for a lot longer than they've been successful!!

I guess my tone was that of a stroppy toddler, stamping his feet cos HE didn't get the shiny toy!!
S'NOT FAIIIIR!

Last edited:
Do you know what my post means???
Haha yes of course, it was meant to be a joke about grammar v grandma because someone on another thread had been talking about their grandma signing for Spurs. But if you have to explain a joke then it's obviously not a very good joke, so apologies. In my defence I had been drinking heavily by that point! :)

Thanks. Very disturbing. I have seen plenty of big nose gestures, I have been called a "fucking little jew" (I am not Jewish but the fan thought I was), hissing etc.
But at least they didn't say 'Yid'... 'cos THAT'S the only guage that means they're vile anti Semites... As it is, what you've mentioned sounds absolutely FINE!!!
...remember, it's only Spurs fans that get the bad rap!

Last edited:
But he didn't have an excellent game against Leicester! By his previous appalling standards he was almost OK and managed to control the ball that set up Bergwign.

I'm in the group that believes the evidence of his own eyes. He was been consistently poor since signing for us - virtually no redeeming features.

Playing today in midfield he was woeful. Only played because he is marginally better than Emerson - a pretty low bar.
True he was awful but the manager picked for that position, no? If we’re gonna play a back 4 wouldn’t have made sense to actually play royal there as that is his best position. This is something most people on the forum say his better at fb than rwb. Why play tanganga there when you have a RB. Then to compound it play Doh as RW. Neither nor sess blocked any crosses coming especially in the first half they just stood off. We could have simply payed a back 5 with Doh and sess asWBs dier in for jasphet meaninh Dave plays rcb who had to play on left of two and is useless there. Then just stick with the 3 in midfield. What I don’t get with conte is he doesn’t even try the youngsters. Other teams throw in youngsters. If skipp wasn’t for enough to start why not give Harvey a run? Didn’t Gilmore play against us last season?

Oh yeah there were plenty -got the spurs fans proper wound up and contributed to a nasty 10/15 minutes

You saw Chelsea fans giving nazi salutes?
Yep just after the 2nd goal - and outside after game as well

Now I know Spurs fans are rightly getting condemned for throwing the lighters on the pitch yesterday (likewise Everton fans on Saturday) and I'm not condoning it in any way, as it made us look like cunts...
but there is a subtle difference that a lot of media seem to miss in situations like this...

Whilst it's wrong to throw ANYTHING onto the pitch at a player, the fact that both sets of fans (our and Everton's) were losing, and royally pissed off, means that whoever did it, their stupid actions were a thoughtless knee-jerk reaction bourne out of pure anger and frustration.

The subtle difference is that whenever Chelsea fans have Hissed, Zeig Heiled, sung about Spurs at Auschwitz etc. they are quite happy to do so, as invariably they're WINNING at that point... (Just check our results down the years)
...that's not bourne out of ANGER, that's bourne out of pure HATRED and RACISM.

There IS a difference.

Last edited:
I was there and witnessed it first hand
Well you then have a duty to report the area you saw it and indeed the time. I saw supporters extend their arms when chanting the clubs name but I personally don’t see that as a Nazi salute that is unless I am naive or have witnessed it at ground after ground.

I fucking hate Chelscum and wish the worst for this racist, money laundering protected club.
It really is about time that reality was accepted and more and more clubs will become very rich peoples play things so unless Spurs can join that elite club taking the morale high ground will not deliver success
We have several clubs who raise their game when they play us, we ar the biggest game to quite a few clubs..
We haven’t got the squad mentality to raise our game and go that bit extra.
Instead of upping our game we freeze and allow other clubs to walk all over us.
The day we have that squad will be the day we start competing.
Clubs don’t necessarily raise their game they play to their potential whereas the potential currently at Spurs is not up there
As for being clubs biggest games being against Tottenham the supporters will see it that way but I very very much doubt that to the majority of Chelsea players for instance, see Spurs as anything other than just another London team

Well you then have a duty to report the area you saw it and indeed the time. I saw supporters extend their arms when chanting the clubs name but I personally don’t see that as a Nazi salute that is unless I am naive or have witnessed it at ground after ground.

It really is about time that reality was accepted and more and more clubs will become very rich peoples play things so unless Spurs can join that elite club taking the morale high ground will not deliver success

Clubs don’t necessarily raise their game they play to their potential whereas the potential currently at Spurs is not up there
As for being clubs biggest games being against Tottenham the supporters will see it that way but I very very much doubt that to the majority of Chelsea players for instance, see Spurs as anything other than just another London team
Yes they do.

When Woolwich beat us recently they virtually held a World Cup winning celebration in the streets, hanging out of cars etc.
Chelsea thought they won the CL when they stopped us winning the league a few seasons ago.
West Ham’s only instruction every year is to make sure they try and beat us, if they finish 4th from bottom but beat us, it’s been a successful season.

We were a vast improvement on the team that played them the other week. And at times, looked ok, but overall not good enough though.
Their 2nd was a great goal and has to be said.
As for Harry's goal. Yep the fella went down like the Belgrano, but you can't push someone ,not matter how lightly and expect to get away with it.

I effing hate Chelsea

Last edited:
Everything about yesterday went exactly as every other time we've played there...
Bizarre decisions, freezing when put under pressure...

Even having the novelty of Chelsea's poor form going into the game, (there was a similar scenario when Jose was in charge for when Lampard was their manager) but we still couldn't take advantage, as somehow, (as they always fucking do) they decided to turn it on against US again!

Are Brighton better than us, are Everton, or Wolves? Cos they clearly got better performances and results from THEIR games against them...
Or is it, as I fear, Chelsea just enjoy trying against us more... and it inevitably ends in another beating.

Fuck I hate this fixture!

At least with the NLD we have a chance, and it FEELS like an occasion to be savoured....

This is just Lambs to the slaughter....
EVERY
FUCKING
TIME!

...and I'm fucking sick of it!

Last edited:
We set out to defend, defend, defend after three games where they've bossed the midfield right up to our 18 yard line, the plan for this match was keep them a decent distance from goal and score on the break ....

and how close were we?

Well a Kane goal once again disallowed and an absolute worldly from 30 yards killed the plan ..... but you could see what we were trying to do against a side with better players.

Pisses me off that Chelsea keep getting the breaks, and that they have 500m more in players, but Conte had a plan which with a different ref and no worldly .... then who knows.
Yep, its fine margins.

If we pinch the game one nil using those tactics or even grab a draw Conte would be lauded.

I don't think we are a negative side under Conte at all, but I see people moaning that we are because we set up defensively in one game. we have scored plenty of goals since he came in, I just think when you are going to a ground where you have only one win since the Boer war its probably a sensible plan, particularly as they had been struggling to score goals.
As you rightly said the worldie right at the beginning of the 2nd half killed us stone dead.

True he was awful but the manager picked for that position, no? If we’re gonna play a back 4 wouldn’t have made sense to actually play royal there as that is his best position. This is something most people on the forum say his better at fb than rwb. Why play tanganga there when you have a RB. Then to compound it play Doh as RW. Neither nor sess blocked any crosses coming especially in the first half they just stood off. We could have simply payed a back 5 with Doh and sess asWBs dier in for jasphet meaninh Dave plays rcb who had to play on left of two and is useless there. Then just stick with the 3 in midfield. What I don’t get with conte is he doesn’t even try the youngsters. Other teams throw in youngsters. If skipp wasn’t for enough to start why not give Harvey a run? Didn’t Gilmore play against us last season?
I agree. Doherty and Sessegnon added nothing to the team yesterday. In fact it was a bit odd seeing them alongside Kane and Bergwign trying to press (mostly unsuccessfully).

Our RB/RWB options appear to be Doherty/Emerson/Tanganga which makes my head ache just thinking about it. Personally I'd give one of the Academy a chance - they can't be any worse than the above trio.

Tanganga has been around for several seasons and is still not developing in that RB/RWB position - rather like Foyth never did. It may be that CB is his best position but with Dier/Sanchez/Romero having first dibs and with Davies being a first choice starter in a back 3, he has little opportunity.

Doherty appears to be totally talent-less regardless of where you play him. Sell/give him back to Wolves.

Emerson has had 20 or so games and appears to be very limited.

Sessegnon yesterday just ploughed a furrow up the left touchline and offered no help to Davies and little support to the front two.

Playing nine defensive-minded starters yesterday indicated only one thing - "we're here for a point". Ziyech had other ideas!

Why can't we pick up outstanding talents like him? Instead we're saddled with Doherty, Emerson, Clarke, Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Ndombele.

Everything about yesterday went exactly as every other time we've played there...
Bizarre decisions, freezing when put under pressure...

Even having the novelty of Chelsea's poor form going into the game, but we still couldn't take advantage, as somehow, (as they always fucking do) they decided to turn it on against US again!

Are Brighton better than us, are Everton, or Wolves? Cos they clearly got better performances and results from THEIR games against them...
Or is it, as I fear, Chelsea just enjoy trying against us more... and it inevitably ends in another beating.

Fuck I hate this fixture!

At least with the NLD we have a chance, and it FEELS like an occasion to be savoured....

This is just Lambs to the slaughter....
EVERY
FUCKING
TIME!

...and I'm fucking sick of it!

The difference in quality of the two squads shouldn't be underestimated. We're closer to brighton, everton and wolves's squad quality than Chelsea, Liverpool, City, etc. We're practically a donkey sanctuary at this point in time! :contetellmemore:

I've got a suspicion Antonio Conte knows exactly what his doing. I also suspect he don't care how much losing to this lot hurts us. He is a very passionate man but he is an arch pragmatists.

My Milanese Ms says blokes from his region (as a generalisation are hard and very single minded) she reackons he is the type perfectly happy to lose battels to win a wider war.
It's not so much he is showing up Levy but showing every one that he will use what he has and results will follow dependant on this. Ergo he is not Poch who will turn silk purses from sows ears. He requires seasoned materials to build a league winning side don't give it you won't get it. Perhaps Poch should have been similarly open with the board and owners.

Back
Top Bottom