CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gonna be at my in-laws and miss this one

Seth Meyers Ugh GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

As well as Doherty was yesterday, and of course RWB is his natural position, I'm not sure on his defensive qualities still. However, Conte is a lot better judge of character than me, just about.

Wouldn't be shocked to see the same team as vs Leicester, as they will go 3 in the middle. But also wouldn't be shocked if Bergwijn comes in for one of the midfielders and we go 3-4-3.

I think Doherty and Bergwijn should both get starts. Confidence is a big thing. I do see the logic in bringing Stevie off the bench for half hour though.

But minimum Doherty HAS to come in for Emerson.

If we properly go at them from the off and avoid all that timid shit in the cup games, they can be got at. Win or lose, 'I'd prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around'.

If we properly go at them from the off and avoid all that timid shit in the cup games, they can be got at. Win or lose, 'I'd prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around'.

Lets kick the living fucking shit out of them.

And once we've done that, let's kick fuck out of them some more.

The thing about Chelsea away is that near enough every Spurs fan looks to it with pure fear. Doesn't matter how well we're playing
The fly in the ointment here is that they are better than us. If we have Dier and Romero back we can make it very hard for them though.
I'm not entirely sure they are, pound for pound. What they do have, is no matter how shite they may be at any given time, is a mentality that they must up their game against Spurs, for whatever reason.

I think in all the 30 odd years I've been watching Spurs, you'd need only a hand at best to count the times they've not 'turned up' against us. Or perhaps it is a mentality issue with us, I don't know.

We used to have similar problems with Manchester United and Woolwich, and still do to a great extent with Liverpool.

Now, we win our fair share against United and Woolwich, but can't seem to shake it off with Chelsea. It makes me cry.

A great time to play this game.
They are on a downward spiral with talk of internal arguing and we are on the back of an amazing victory that will bring this team together like no other.
Yes we do shit there and rarely win but I have a feeling that Conte's unbeaten record will remain intact.

We seem to lack belief as a team but after last night the belief could not be higher.
I said I would be happy with one win out of the 2 away games between Leicester and Chelsea and we have already achieved that so the pressure is off somewhat.

I think we should approach this game full of confidence.

1-1 or 1-2..

After the last 2 games against this lot we cannot have confidence but Conte must try something different. Now however well Bergwijn played yesterday is this the game we should play Winks,, Hojbjerg & Skipp? Both plans have merit and it would be hard if Bergwijn does not start assuming he is fit enough for that. Doherty would start if it was anyone but Chelsea but we need a better defensive RWB and I would keep Royal or even bring Rodon in and play Tanganga there.
Tanganga seemed to be playing wide right anyway with Royal further ahead. Difficult to tell on TV but we seemed to have only 2 at the back at times yesterday.
Conte has to lose a league match sometime and we never win at Stamford Bridge but a draw would be a tremendous result.

After the Leicester match with 3 CM's, I don't see Conte going back to the 2 CM's we unsuccessfully tried against Chelsea in both Carabou Cup legs.

With Doherty's performance in the 2nd half at RWB I think he might be preferred to Royal who wasn't playing well. Doherty did well going forward to put in crosses - and Tanganga covered him by moving from RCB to RB.

And I wonder if Bergwijn will rotate with Moura to give more energy in the attack with Moura able to come on off the bench during 2nd half at some stage

Lloris
Tanganga (*} , Sanchez, Davies
Doherty, Skipp, Winks, Hojbjerg, Reguilon
Bergwijn, Kane​

Subs : Gollinin, Royal, Lo Celso, White, Moura, Gil, Scarlett

Not selected : Rodon, Sessegnon, Ndombele, Dele, Son (injured)

* If Dier or Romero are fit, it may be one of them replaces Tanganga ? Might re-jig the bench if that happens.

After the Leicester match with 3 CM's, I don't see Conte going back to the 2 CM's we unsuccessfully tried against Chelsea in both Carabou Cup legs.

With Doherty's performance in the 2nd half at RWB I think he might be preferred to Royal who wasn't playing well. Doherty did well going forward to put in crosses - and Tanganga covered him by moving from RCB to RB.

And I wonder if Bergwijn will rotate with Moura to give more energy in the attack with Moura able to come on off the bench during 2nd half at some stage

Lloris
Tanganga (*} , Sanchez, Davies
Doherty, Skipp, Winks, Hojbjerg, Reguilon
Bergwijn, Kane​

Subs : Gollinin, Royal, Lo Celso, White, Moura, Gil, Scarlett

Not selected : Rodon, Sessegnon, Ndombele, Dele, Son (injured)

* If Dier or Romero are fit, it may be one of them replaces Tanganga ? Might re-jig the bench if that happens.
OK, it's late so nobody's here.
Lucas hasn't been good recently so I'm not against that swap.
Doc started in both the Chelsea EFL games.
I'm hoping coach Conte was telling porkies about Eric and Romero's fitness.

A tricky weekend. Drop points in this game, and by Monday we could be in 7th (albeit with games in hand).

Chelsea have won just 1 of their last 5 EPL games and the nerves are starting to show in their performance. There attacking is struggling to link up with Lukaku and arguments on the pitch suggest all is not happy in the camp.

Back
Top Bottom