CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are two points out of 4th with three games in hand on the team that occupies 4th.

The top 4 race is going to go deep and we are very much involved.

Woolwich, United and West Ham are our rivals and all of them have just as many issues as we have.
We're more likely to swap places with Wolves in 8th than Utd in 4th with our current team.

It was a negative set up, which we can all dismantle with the benefit of hindsight.

But I think it made sound tactical sense to go ultra defensive and try and spring them on the break.

They have been struggling for goals.

The issue was apart from Kane nobody put in better than a 4 out of 10 and we made Hudson-Odoi looks like prime Ryan Giggs.

The issue is players like Tanganga, Doherty, Sessegnon. Just aren't good enough.

I don't think the tactics were necessarily bad, I would of yeeted Tanganga at HT though which is probably my biggest criticism.

Conte is a boss though, we also don't know about the fitness levels of the players and the knocks that Conte alluded too which may have forced our formation.

There's just a massive gulf right now between the top 3 and the rest of the league.

As we enter the second half of our season, with impending trips to both the Ethiad and Anfield, I'd encourage everyone to remember that won't be where top 4 is decided, but rather in six pointers against Woolwich, United, West Ham, and Wolves (three of which we have at home) and in winning the games we should be winning.

Anything from one of the top 3 sides at this juncture is absolute gravy. They are so far ahead everyone else.

Chelsea have, for the last 20-30 years, been doing their best audition to replace Woolwich in the team we now hate most!

Maybe, just maybe they've finally succeeded!

We have, unfortunately, saved Tommy’s job (for now) winless in 5 we made sure it was not 6. And gave him a cup final to boot. That’s why we get called Dr Tottenham.

But, Brighton, Wolves & West Ham are able to avoid having their arses handed to them - Brighton twice - while Tottenham roll over 4 times against them. Home and Away. Sickening.

This record against them is a living nightmare. I respect Conte and his record and uptick in form, but ENIC could have actually had something in hand by Jan 2 to close the gap and again they have done nothing.

Away at Stamford Bridge I never expect anything,but,if you turn up playing for a point you can't have any complaints about getting beat. If the owners and chairman really want champions league they must go and show it now no excuses.

Back
Top Bottom