CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haha yes of course, it was meant to be a joke about grammar v grandma because someone on another thread had been talking about their grandma signing for Spurs. But if you have to explain a joke then it's obviously not a very good joke, so apologies. In my defence I had been drinking heavily by that point! :)
Actually it was just a translation of Bill's remark ......however I can understand the drinking after watching the game....I'm feeling vaguely suicidal this morning about conte staying and our future in general....do we even have one....

By Italian press

(…)Tottenham wait, but try to leave as soon as they have the opportunity. Bergwijn still flies on the wave of his double exploit of Leicester. And it is precisely on a foray of him that one of the talked about actions of this derby arrives: the Dutchman manages to serve Sessignnon who unmarks Kane in the middle of the area. The Tottenham scorer turns into the area and beats Kepa, but the referee punishes him for a very weak push on Thiago Silva and cancels. Conte doesn't take it well: "Maybe in Italy he canceled it, but here in England ..."(…)

For a club who are aware of the connotations of the word gas and the history of it and the fact that it's very common knowledge that Chelsea fans do the hiss sound when they play Spurs I am very sceptical

Not the first time the official account has taken shots at Spurs by the way.

Plus who the fuck says, the gas is on, bringin the heat anyway
I agree it is a really odd turn of phrase. I am minded to think it is some thick youngster with a marketing degree.

Well you then have a duty to report the area you saw it and indeed the time. I saw supporters extend their arms when chanting the clubs name but I personally don’t see that as a Nazi salute that is unless I am naive or have witnessed it at ground after ground.

It really is about time that reality was accepted and more and more clubs will become very rich peoples play things so unless Spurs can join that elite club taking the morale high ground will not deliver success

Clubs don’t necessarily raise their game they play to their potential whereas the potential currently at Spurs is not up there
As for being clubs biggest games being against Tottenham the supporters will see it that way but I very very much doubt that to the majority of Chelsea players for instance, see Spurs as anything other than just another London team
Dunno if I am too long in the tooth or just hardened to it but it doesn’t bother me in the slightest - it is all gesturing macho bollocks unlike in the 70/80’s when there was genuine hostility and menace - how can a genuine racist/antisemite support Chelsea when they are bankrolled to all their recent success by a Jewish billionaire and 90% of the 1st team squad are foreign or black?

I follow Tottenham for my love of primarily football I have no real interest in opposing fans - race, religion, political persuasion , gender, sexual orientation or the football team you support we all have the same right to exist . That said I’m not going to passively stand by and be abused by anyone!!

Is that their official club account ?
Edit. See it is …. Unbelievable
We all kneel to kick out racism, wear it on the sleeves and this shower do that
How a Jewish businessman ever bought that club is beyond me
See how easy it is?

I think Roman bought the club because he preferred the King's Road area of West London to the High Road area of Tottenham!

That said, I assume he knew fuck all about their vile breed of fan before he bought them.

What's shocking is, that he remained prepared to bankroll the fucking Nazis when he MUST'VE realised at some point down the line what he'd bought into...

Maybe 'Hissing' doesn't translate into Russian, and he didn't understand the implications....
or maybe, as I fear, he did, but doesn't REALLY care!

See how easy it is?

I think Roman bought the club because he preferred the King's Road area of West London to the High Road area of Tottenham!

That said, I assume he knew fuck all about their vile breed of fan before he bought them.

What's shocking is, that he remained prepared to bankroll the fucking Nazis when he MUST'VE realised at some point down the line what he'd bought into...

Maybe 'Hissing' doesn't translate into Russian, and he didn't understand the implications....
or maybe, as I fear, he did, but doesn't REALLY care!
Couldn’t agree more … I find the whole thing a bit baffling and slightly disturbing

I would say the same but “the gas is on, bringing the heat” is not a phrase I’ve ever heard and that’s suspicious to me. Particularly the first part of the phrase
Considering there are so many other heat sources available these days, it's odd they chose this one to STOKE THE FIRE!!

let's be honest, ANY mention of Gas/Ovens, Heat, or Burning... when playing SPURS smacks of A CLUB who know EXACTLY What it's referring to.... (I say 'the club' because that surely involves the STAFF Twatter representative that wrote it)

Considering there are so many other heat sources available these days, it's odd they chose this one to STOKE THE FIRE!!

let's be honest, ANY mention of Gas/Ovens, Heat, or Burning... when playing SPURS smacks of A CLUB who know EXACTLY What it's referring to.... (I say 'the club' because that surely involves the STAFF Twatter representative that wrote it)

THIS.

It is ignorant at best, and deliberate at worst. They deleted it, so they know.

Dunno if I am too long in the tooth or just hardened to it but it doesn’t bother me in the slightest - it is all gesturing macho bollocks unlike in the 70/80’s when there was genuine hostility and menace - how can a genuine racist/antisemite support Chelsea when they are bankrolled to all their recent success by a Jewish billionaire and 90% of the 1st team squad are foreign or black?

I follow Tottenham for my love of primarily football I have no real interest in opposing fans - race, religion, political persuasion , gender, sexual orientation or the football team you support we all have the same right to exist . That said I’m not going to passively stand by and be abused by anyone!!

The only way to address the inappropriate behaviour you claim to have witnessed is to report such matters. Failure to do so does nothing other than allow the sort of action you witnessed to continue.

Its pretty easy to do so so here’s the number 07894 937793

If we had a full strength side it might of been a different story. I think Conte has trying to make a statement with his choice of players tbh

Sure...... Go ahead... Completely ignore the guy's comments about injury concerns with Skipp, Reg, Emerson and Lucas.....

:pochrolleyes:

FFS....... There's pages of you all writing this conspiracy bullshit about "sending a message" whilst ignoring Conte.... The next minute he says something that suits, you'll all be hanging on his every word again.

Last edited:
THE PREMIER LEAGUE IS NOT ALLOWING SPURS TO BEAT CHELSEA

The last three meetings has had major controversy in the Spurs-Chelsea games. In the Carabauo Cup semi-finals first leg at Chelsea, Sarr deliberately elbowed Harry Kane in the cheek. There was no VAR even when they showed the replay and Sarr was smiling when he only got a yellow. A week before on Sky, Jamie Carragher said Harry Kane gets preferential treatment because he is the England captain. So Carragher is saying the referees are not honest, but only for Tottenham which is a lie from Sky (Woolwich TV).

The second match, Anthony Rudiger panicked and made a huge lunge to stop Holjberg running through on goal. Ref gave a penalty but VAR ruled it outside. While Sky’s Andy Hinchcliffe bleated about sod all, Sky deliberately missed that Ruidiger should have been sent off for that humongous lunge and taking out the Spurs player.

If you do a humongous lunge and don’t get the ball and foul a player you get sent off, period. Yet Andre Mariner didn’t even give a yellow card. So two incidents could have reduced Chelsea to 10 men.

Then last Sunday, Kane scores a fair goal for the ref to disallow for the slightest touch. As Gary Neville called it, it was a game changing moment, and he took Roy Keane to task for trying to justify the incident. What happened to that big announcement they are gonna let more challenges happen and not give for the slightest touch??

Patrick Vieira said it well after his match with Palace V Liverpoo and remarked on the penalty for Liverpoo, “The referee killed our legs”.

That is exactly how many Tottenham players feel, when every match you do not even get the same level of refereeing as even teams like Brighton. On here I read so many fans blame the players constantly but when you have this level of refereeing it's IMPOSSIBLE to focus on the game, while Chelsea can dive at a smallest contact and play with complete freedom of the park.

This cannot continue forever. It is so corrupt and blatant it’s a disgrace!

Tottenham get the worst refereeing ON THE PLANET!

Something must be done about Mike Riley (head of referees) and whoever else is screwing Spurs’ chances of a top 4 finish and cup glory. The club need to be proactive and defend Tottenham Hotspur F.C. and stop putting out mealy-mouthed statements that the enemy media called "measured" like they did when Woolwich cancelled their game on fake Covid grounds.

If you don't stand up to a bully they will always get away with it!

Back
Top Bottom