Chelski in the CL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do we want them to progress?

Obviously it would be good for them to have fixture congestion, but do we want to eliminate the risk (however small) of them doing the unthinkable & winning the whole thing?

Come On You Spurs, let's bring the F.A. Cup home!

If Chelsea beat Barca over two legs then Madrid in the final then the last thing I'm going to care about is losing out on CL places. I'll be looking for answers from God.

zin said:
If Chelsea beat Barca over two legs then Madrid in the final then the last thing I'm going to care about is losing out on CL places. I'll be looking for answers from God.

God?? The instrumental force at play if they manage that lives a lot further below heaven

linnet_spur said:
zin said:

God?? The instrumental force at play if they manage that lives a lot further below heaven

Howard Webb?

SLightly off topic but how the hell to Basel get to the QF of the Champions League only to get smashed 7-0

Edit, oops, got that wrong, bloody BBC website

If they get knocked out they will be hell bent to try and get forth.

I'd like them to get torn apart by Barca - they'll spent long periods chasing the ball which will be tiring and could dampen league performances they still have Newcastle Woolwich and Liverpool.

So - a couple more games then out to Barca please - by which time it may be too late for them for 4th

Far from wanting those cunts to progress it could actually be beneficial to us because they play the semi midweek after we meet them in the cup, so could be a big distraction from them which will suit us. Apparently the cunts wanted to switch the semi to the Friday night and the FA told em to get stuffed - too right.

Rosie47 said:
Wrong forum. Couldnt care less.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

emperor said:
Far from wanting those cunts to progress it could actually be beneficial to us because they play the semi midweek after we meet them in the cup, so could be a big distraction from them which will suit us. Apparently the cunts wanted to switch the semi to the Friday night and the FA told em to get stuffed - too right.

Suits us very well but if it happened to us we'd be livid. The FA should move the FA Cup game to the Saturday. I think it's ridiculous that Liverpool refusing to play on the day of the Hillsborough disaster on Sunday is an exception with no questions asked. Why should Chelsea suffer for Liverpool's benefits by playing 2 very important games so close to each other? If Liverpool can in no way play on the Sunday then have both games on the Saturday at different venues and scrap the Wembley semis, but of course that would not suit the FA as they would lose money that way. Fuck em all I say.

edit: Someone pointed out how we played Seville on a Thursday night and then had to play Chelsea Saturday morning and they didn't care. Karma bitches.

Despise that lot almost as much as the scum. I want them to go out now, we'll still finish higher than them in the league.

do i want them to? of course not.

however, they are looking nailed on to go progress.

with that in mind let's just sit back and enjoy a certain argentine adding to this video come what next month cos they ain't getting past barca.

I want them to beat Benfica simply because it'll improve our chances of beating them in the FA Cup. As has been mentioned before, they will likely be travelling to the Nou Camp 2/3 days after our game against them, and if we are a long way ahead of them in the league, Chelsea will realise the only way to be in the Champs League next season is to win the competition, so they might prioritise the Barca game.

Obviously if it has no effect on Spurs, I'll always want those cunts to lose.

zin said:
emperor said:

Suits us very well but if it happened to us we'd be livid. The FA should move the FA Cup game to the Saturday. I think it's ridiculous that Liverpool refusing to play on the day of the Hillsborough disaster on Sunday is an exception with no questions asked. Why should Chelsea suffer for Liverpool's benefits by playing 2 very important games so close to each other? If Liverpool can in no way play on the Sunday then have both games on the Saturday at different venues and scrap the Wembley semis, but of course that would not suit the FA as they would lose money that way. Fuck em all I say.

edit: Someone pointed out how we played Seville on a Thursday night and then had to play Chelsea Saturday morning and they didn't care. Karma bitches.

I'm surprised that in the history of the FA Cup this has never been done... oh, hang on...

I can see them getting to the final- as think that they are the one team can do Barcelona over 2 legs- just that thuggish bully boy in them but win the final- beat Byaern on their home turf or beat Real? maybe not

Quite happy for them to get to semis as must have a knock on effect on the league form - plus lets face facts SEmi vs us Sunday- home leg semi in the wednesday against Barca- the Chelsea Junta ( Lumphard, Terry Chashley, Drogba et al) will have their minds on Wednesday to fulfull their destiny etc.

zin said:
emperor said:

Spot on with that.

Liverpool expect a divine right not to play a match on April 15th now its ridiculous.

On Chelsea, I didn't see them trying to get our game (mentioned by Zin) moved from Saturday lunchtime after played on a Thursday night AWAY.

YidoBuckler said:
zin said:
emperor said:

Spot on with that.

Liverpool expect a divine right not to play a match on April 15th now its ridiculous.

On Chelsea, I didn't see them trying to get our game (mentioned by Zin) moved from Saturday lunchtime after played on a Thursday night AWAY.

Let's be fair - if Liverpool chose not to play on the day there has been a tragedy involving their club/city they would only be able to play three times a season.

I wanted them to lose because i like Benfica as a club and the Portugese football as a whole , very violent league (refs rarely draw yellow cards in the first half so everybody tackles and bullies the opposition during that half) but lots of technically gifted players. One of my fav Belgian players is at Benfica for the moment , Axel Witsel - remember the name , he'll be at a big club come 2015.

Back
Top Bottom