Chinese Champions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone decent play for them?
I went and had a look at their wikipedia and they actually have a mainly Chinese team. Only 3 imports. João Miranda, Eder and Mubarak Wakaso. EDIT: Alex Teixeira is also a player for them according to his wikipedia but he isn't on the club page's squad list. Of Schaktar Donetsk fame.

I remember Miranda being a good CB but he is 36.

I went and had a look at their wikipedia and they actually have a mainly Chinese team. Only 3 imports. João Miranda, Eder and Mubarak Wakaso. EDIT: Alex Teixeira is also a player for them according to his wikipedia but he isn't on the club page's squad list. Of Schaktar Donetsk fame.

I remember Miranda being a good CB but he is 36.
Yeah pretty old imports they had then, Alex Teixeira FIFA god forget he played for them.

How these people are allowed buy into several clubs at a time is showing how corupt the game is. Plus you could see clubs like chelsea, city , psg in trouble if their owners lose interest

It's fairly common practice to sell on transfer debt now, particularly at the moment - so it might be a third party that is due that money.
I think that that is playing some part in how Barca are as in the shit as they are. They abused the system of selling on transfer debts to lenders. At least I think so. In combination with just not having control of their own finances.

I think that that is playing some part in how Barca are as in the shit as they are. They abused the system of selling on transfer debts to lenders. At least I think so. In combination with just not having control of their own finances.
I'm literally listening to a pod on the Barca problems and they are talking about this now! Spooky.

Yeah the real issues come when you owe some bank or hedge fund that doesn't give a fuck if Barcelona goes out of existence

Yeah the real issues come when you owe some bank or hedge fund that doesn't give a fuck if Barcelona goes out of existence
Almost what happened to AC Milan I believe. Their Chinese owner lied about having the money, took out a loan with a hedgefund called Elliott something. And could not make the payments so they took over the club.

Luckily someone at Elliott realized that they now owned one of the biggest clubs in football and decided that they can build it back up and sell it for a profit instead of liquidating it.

Back
Top Bottom