Choose three clubs to come up from the Championship

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They don't have to be likely candidates, just teams you'd like to see come up.

For me:

Portsmouth - proper football club, despite all the financial lunacy. Fratton Park is a delightful shithole and they make noise. Southern club, so a good away day for me.

Brighton and Hove Albion - speaking of away days, this one would be my favourite of the season not including London clubs. They play some nice football at times. Ground is in the countryside though, with shit transport links.

Palace - local team to me. Selhurst is another absolute shithole of a ground but that's why I like it. On a Saturday afternoon there the smell of jerk chicken wafts over the ground - much better post-match eating than a rat burger.

I can definitely understand people saying the spammers, suppose I should think that way about them too. Never get that excited about games against them though. They dish out so much hate to us, but their real rivals are Millwall, which says it all really.

Leeds - Good history and a good night out for the away trip.
Forrest - Good history and a good night out for the away trip. (Hooters by the ground)
Leicester - Used to go University there, good night out for the away trip. (Drivable within an hour)

Hull (missus family team)
Ipswich (local team, need a miracle this year I know)
Coventry (missus at uni, easy away trip - even jesus wouldn't be able to save them this year) so Birmingham is my alternative. Chris Hughton man-love for his big clipboard.

Portsmouth
Southampton
Leeds

All 3 are clubs that "should" be in the PL and will raise the drama factor a bit. Hard to really care about 2-bit clubs like Wigan and the like.

Brighton...it's local to me and the Gus/Tarrico link
Birmingham...Houghton
Wet Spam...they are probably coming up anyway and it's always funny to beat them!

vadimivich said:
Portsmouth
Southampton
Leeds

All 3 are clubs that "should" be in the PL and will raise the drama factor a bit. Hard to really care about 2-bit clubs like Wigan and the like.

why 'should' Portsmouth and Southampton be in the premiership ? far bigger clubs outside of the prem than them two

anyway, id like to see Millwall and Cardiff up, just for the lolz

and Bristol City - good excuse to have a weekend in what is meant to be a good City for a night out

Burnley - proper old school club with a good young manager
Birmingham - Chris Hughton is becoming a rather good manager wouldn't you say?
Brighton - Poyet & the football they try to play.

I know it looks like I've been lazy there and just picked the first three alphabetically, but I present Blackpool as my evidence this is not the case.

Re West Ham - they can rot in the lower leagues for the rest of time. Along with their two bob manager.

The only reason I'd like to see West Ham come up is because a lot of my mates are West Ham (what with being from Essex and all) and I've missed being able to take the piss out of them when we beat them.

I can't do that with Scum fans because I refuse to be friends with anyone that supports that team, their football allegiance says enough about their personality for me to know that I don't like them.

Back
Top Bottom