Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
His heart itself will no doubt be very healthy. It's the electrical system that did the damage, and that's not a fitness thing at all.

Think of it as having a really high end PC with all the best components, but then the electric suddenly goes.
so thats just genetic? and nothing someone could of spotted before hand with some sort of check?

Not about point scoring... Genuinely appalled at the lack of perspective on show. If that makes me a cunt in your eyes then fine; I'll wear it.

p.s. Hope the sex-change wasn't too traumatic.
I never said you were a cunt. I just don't see the need for you to even mention ENIC , or an anti ENIC agenda, in this thread.

Thanks fot your concern regarding the sex change. It's not a physical one though so I'm fine.
I'm just letting free my effeminate side for a few months. If you have one, you should try it. It's quite liberating.

tenor.gif

so thats just genetic? and nothing someone could of spotted before hand with some sort of check?

You can have it checked, sure, and I'm sure he will have done lots of times. But now and again it will just go for no genuine reason at all. Nothing to do with a lack of fitness, or bad eating habits, stress etc. That's part of what is so shocking, it can literally happen to anyone, including the fittest people around.

A heart attack wouldn't make him collapse like he did instantly. Pretty sure he had a cardiac arrest which will be the electronic part of his heart suddenly turning off or completely stop working for whatever reason, meaning no blood was getting pumped to his brain or anywhere else. It's almost like a switch, it's that instant.
There's some real good info in the other eriksen thread

You can have it checked, sure, and I'm sure he will have done lots of times. But now and again it will just go for no genuine reason at all. Nothing to do with a lack of fitness, or bad eating habits, stress etc. That's part of what is so shocking, it can literally happen to anyone, including the fittest people around.
defo scary when a 29 year old whos in the top 0.0000001% of fittest people in the world can just drop like that...very interesting really.

Today really made me reflect on Eriksen. At his best, what an absolutely wonderful player he was. Truly blessed with outstanding technical talent.

When I think of him, the game that stands out for me was the 2-0 victory over Chelsea the year we ran them close for the title. Put 2 pin-point deliveries on Dele’s head that day.

Always seemed like a great bloke and what a player.

The goal away at City always stands out for me. At that exact moment, I genuinely thought we'd win the league.

Christ, it's painful even writing that, given where we are now.

There's some real good info in the other eriksen thread

After discovering I had a murmur a few years ago I've spent a lot of hours reading a lot of posts and articles on the subject. People don't realize just how fragile we all are, and how extra-ordinary it actually is to be able to function as most people do for as long as they do before things go wrong.

defo scary when a 29 year old whos in the top 0.0000001% of fittest people in the world can just drop like that...very interesting really.

It could well be that he had an abnormal rhythm either before the game started or during the game, and didn't even notice, and running about only made it worse. I'm by no means an expert, but my best guess would be that his heart rate went crazy high, you're talking 200 beats per minute, before suddenly flatlining.

What an absolute thundercunt of a thread.
I recently got red carded and part.of that reason was calling for people to be carded. I'm hesitant to say such a thing about this fucking Idiot but screw it...
Can we all please card him. Appalling post about an awful event happening to one of our own.

I know; my choice of words.... I respect your decision to disapprove.

As for my feminine side; I'm just TOO hairy. :(
How are you, anyway.

I know we'll be at each other's throats over the coming weeks, but it's only a forum and tonights events puts things into perspective.

Is your recovery going well?

Disagree. Nitric Oxide and Calcium et al. Come from food and air, chiefly. Lots of people have flutters, especially after certain foods, this is often a mild form of the same dynamic, slight shortage of available Nitric Oxide to fire off the heart (if not blood pressure rising to assist getting sludge through our veins etc).

Anyway, IMO, of course.

How are you, anyway.

I know we'll be at each other's throats over the coming weeks, but it's only a forum and tonights events puts things into perspective.

Is your recovery going well?

They certainly do..... A few bumps in the road, but I'm ok thanks.....

Hope you and yours are fit and well; afterall that's what matters most.

Disagree. Nitric Oxide and Calcium et al. Come from food and air, chiefly. Lots of people have flutters, especially after certain foods, this is often a mild form of the same dynamic, slight shortage of available Nitric Oxide to fire off the heart (if not blood pressure rising to assist getting sludge through our veins etc).

Anyway, IMO, of course.

Everybody gets flutters at some point, or skipped beats, extra beats etc. That can happen for lots of reasons including food, like you say, and also lack of sleep, stress, anxiety, vitamin deficiency's... Lots of things. But what I'm saying is what sadly happened to Eriksen last night, his general fitness will have nothing to do with it. As I said, his actual heart muscle will no doubt be healthier than most due to his lifestyle. But if it's the electrical system of the heart misfiring, being a footballer or someone extremely healthy isn't going to save you any more than the average Joe off the street. It literally can happen to anyone, sometimes, although thankfully it's a rare occurrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom