Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody gets flutters at some point, or skipped beats, extra beats etc. That can happen for lots of reason including food, like you say, and also lack of sleep, stress, anxiety, vitamin deficiency's... Lots of things. But what I'm saying is what sadly happened to Eriksen last night, his general fitness will have nothing to do with it. As I said, his actual heart muscle will no doubt be healthier than most due to his lifestyle. But if it's the electrical system of the heart misfiring, being a footballer or someone extremely healthy isn't going to save you any more than the average Joe off the street. It literally can happen to anyone, sometimes, although thankfully it's a rare occurrence.

The bodies electrical system is something I study a fair bit, but it’s not the time.

There's some real good info in the other eriksen thread
I think I'll go there...

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Everybody gets flutters at some point, or a skipped beat etc. That can happen for lots of reason including food, like you say, and also lack of sleep, stress, anxiety, vitamin deficiency's... Lots of things. But what I'm saying is what sadly happened to Eriksen last night, his general fitness will have nothing to do with it. As I said, his actual heart muscle will no doubt be healthier than most due to his lifestyle. But if it's the electrical system of the heart misfiring, being a footballer or someone extremely healthy isn't going to save you any more than the average Joe off the street. It literally can happen to anyone, sometimes, although thankfully it's a rare occurrence.
My initial thought was wondering if Eriksen had one of the mRNA (Pfizer, Moderna) COVID-19 vaccines. In extremely rare circumstances, cardiomyopathy (inflammation of the heart) may be linked to exposure to the mRNA vaccines.

Disclaimer: ***No direct causation has yet been established between the mRNA vaccines and cardiomyopathy. ***

so thats just genetic? and nothing someone could of spotted before hand with some sort of check?
Depends... without making this a long and technical post, there's a myriad of potential causes (including genetic) to a myriad of potential heart conditions that can ultimately cause cardiac arrest. There's always an underlying condition, it doesn't happen at random for no reason, like winning the Euromillions.

However, in some cases, the only test that can identify a heart condition with certainty is an autopsy. Be it because conventional testing is very good but not 100% reliable (like for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is the cause of death of many athletes), or genetic testing (IF the underlying cause is indeed genetic, which it frequently is for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) is ultra-complex, expensive and not commonly done...

Watching it live was terrifying, it brought back those memories of when Muamba collapsed.

This last year really has reminded all of us how miniscule football can become when moments of reality hit, and boy, did this one hit close to home.

Hopefully a speedy recovery, and if it's as serious as it looked for a moment, thank you Christian for giving us the best years of your footballing life and I am happy and proud that you got to lift a piece of silverware that you deserve as a skilled footballer before a forced retirement Hoping that you'll come back to us as a coach.

I've been upset all day. That was the worst thing I've ever seen. Although I obviously don't know him personally it felt very personal because of his links to Spurs. It would have been distressing to see it even if he was a stranger, but so much worse because he was a great player for us.

I'm so happy for him and his family that he's alright. Really thought he was a goner.

I said goner, not gooner! That'd be far worse than death!

Everyone wants Eriksen to recover fully.

I think we need to be careful of creating virtual enemies about how people deal with moments that highlight our mortality.

I would like to believe nobody had any real malice in their comments as opposed to drawing to seeking to find a degree of lightness in a dark moment.

Not sure there is any dignity in disagreeing too much as opposed to ignoring that which we don't like.

Anyway we move on.

Watching it live was terrifying, it brought back those memories of when Muamba collapsed.

This last year really has reminded all of us how miniscule football can become when moments of reality hit, and boy, did this one hit close to home.

Hopefully a speedy recovery, and if it's as serious as it looked for a moment, thank you Christian for giving us the best years of your footballing life and I am happy and proud that you got to lift a piece of silverware that you deserve as a skilled footballer before a forced retirement Hoping that you'll come back to us as a coach.
I was at that game when Muamba collapsed I remember the whole Stadium just stopped. Had no real clue weather the player was dead or not it was scary.

Hopefully Christian Eriksen recovers quickly.

I've been upset all day. That was the worst thing I've ever seen. Although I obviously don't know him personally it felt very personal because of his links to Spurs. It would have been distressing to see it even if he was a stranger, but so much worse because he was a great player for us.

I'm so happy for him and his family that he's alright. Really thought he was a goner.

I said goner, not gooner! That'd be far worse than death!

I remember seeing this on TV in 1984, but I was young at the time:

I was at WHL the day Fabrice had his heart attack, but it was more surreal than anything as there was limited visual to it all.

...Today hit much harder. Thankfully, there was no tragic sting in the tale.

Probably but do we really want to make the poster feel so bad alongside what was possibly a post without consideration?

Anyway I'm leaving it.

If it was a post without consideration, the poster should see now that it was in poor taste, to put it very mildly, and offended many. He/she could apologise, but somehow I don’t think that’s forthcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom