Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sick Jason Jones GIF by The Detour

I ran into Eriksen at a water park in a Danish holiday resort yesterday. I did wonder, with him being there on a random Tuesday mid-season and, apparently, not being injured, whether he's being completely frozen out (right next to an airport, so could be a single day off though).

I had spotted him around, but I'm not a fanboy with specific players. Also he strikes me a fairly private person and I didn't want to intrude on what was clearly family time. However standing in line waiting for one of those rings to ride a waterslide tube, he happened to arrive when I was first in line and passed the ring to me, so I couldn't help myself:

"Shouldn't you be rejoining the mighty Spurs, instead of that silly little club?"

"That is probably too late by now. Unfortunately."

It could most definitely be a diplomatic response, because he's had similar questions put to him before. But FWIW, I've spent the best part of the last two decades making a living reading people's faces and their tendencies, and it - the "unfortunately" - struck me as 100% genuine.

Edit: Not advocating for his return, before I turn this into another for/against Eriksen. It clearly IS too late, also for us as a club (and with Ange especially). Just found the response interesting.

Last edited:
I ran into Eriksen at a water park in a Danish holiday resort yesterday. I did wonder, with him being there on a random Tuesday mid-season and, apparently, not being injured, whether he's being completely frozen out (right next to an airport, so could be a single day off though).

I had spotted him around, but I'm not a fanboy with specific players. Also he strikes me a fairly private person and I didn't want to intrude on what was clearly family time. However standing in line waiting for one of those rings to ride a waterslide tube, he happened to arrive when I was first in line and passed the ring to me, so I couldn't help myself:

"Shouldn't you be rejoining the mighty Spurs, instead of that silly little club?"

"That is probably too late by now. Unfortunately."

It could most definitely be a diplomatic response, because he's had similar questions put to him before. But FWIW, I've spent the best part of the last two decades making a living reading people's faces and their tendencies, and it - the "unfortunately" - struck me as 100% genuine.

Edit: Not advocating for his return, before I turn this into another for/against Eriksen. It clearly IS too late, also for us as a club (and with Ange especially). Just found the response interesting.

Going to Lalandia, are we? :ange-lol:

The country’s (arguably) biggest sports star hanging out in the most “middle class” place possible is the most Danish thing ever :ange-lol:

Back
Top Bottom