Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His 2nd half today was much better than his first, but I thought that Eriksen was without question our weakest link today. Though I think that mainly has to do with not fully trusting his knee yet. He'll be back to form by the end of October I'm sure. Eriksen, in my mind, was fully at fault for De Bruyne's goal. He should have taken the yellow when the had the chance, but didn't even touch him.

That free kick though, it was so amazing even though it didn't go in. Was about to be top TOP corner :clintonohshit:

Anyone get the feeling that Christian Eriksen is not a great fit in our high speed ,attacking midfield 3. I like him as a player and when playing well is very creative, our most creative player. He is lethargic all too often, however.

Anyone get the feeling that Christian Eriksen is not a great fit in our high speed ,attacking midfield 3. I like him as a player and when playing well is very creative, our most creative player. He is lethargic all too often, however.
Not even slightly. Last season only two people ran further than Eriksen.

Distance covered

Scott Arfield (Burnley) - 429.7km

George Boyd (Burnley) - 429.2km

Christian Eriksen (Tottenham) - 427.8km

When he's on form Christian is exactly what we need - a versatile playmaker who can score goals of his own. Throw on top of that an excellent record with set pieces and the occasional mesmerising dribble and there really isn't anything not to like.

I have no doubts he is just a bit behind pace due to missing some games - he will be back to his normal self soon.

What Eriksen needs to shine is intelligent players around him, because he plays very intelligently, and I think we are starting to have that in Lamela, Alli, and to some degree Son.

I see the point your trying to make, there have been a few occasions this season where he let's the opposition go past him without even a an attempt to close them down. This is not his strongest qualities he brings to the team and needs some time to get back to full match fitness. We haven't seen the best of Eriksen this season but that will come soon enough and like another post mentioned he covered more ground in a Spurs shirt last season.

Any talk of Eriksen being a weak link undermines just how good a player he is.

What is required of him though is to get a level of consistency that is missing from his game. He does drift, and tired heavily from Feb to May last season.

That said, every team needs a player who is capable of what Eriksen is capable of, and that won't ever change.

I see the point your trying to make, there have been a few occasions this season where he let's the opposition go past him without even a an attempt to close them down. This is not his strongest qualities he brings to the team and needs some time to get back to full match fitness. We haven't seen the best of Eriksen this season but that will come soon enough and like another post mentioned he covered more ground in a Spurs shirt last season.

IMO that is Poch's fault. To ask Eriksen to track and defend is like asking Ginola. Not a good idea.

Eriksen should be given a free role. Asking him to water carry is counter productive. Someone mentioned the miles run. IMO that is a negative. Why is he busting a gut when he is the main player in the squad that should be mostly operating in the final third?

We have more than enough players who are good at tracking, defending, heading and 50/50s etc. I'm not saying Eriksen ignore the rough stuff 100%. But he should not spend so much time in and around our penalty box because him being there is a false positive. It makes people who can defend thinking "he's got this" when he doesn't.

The same can be said of Lamela. He is game but he's just not built for it. He threw Walker under the bus yesterday because our right side was wide open. I know it worked against City, but Eriksen and Lamela together is risky because it means a third out our midfield is powderpuff and that leads to problems. Man City would have been a different proposition if Toure had stayed on.

The good news is even with weak midfields, we can still compete away from home against good teams like Swansea. Take the OG away and it was a win.

Hopefully Poch realizes that square pegs in round holes is the only issues he has at Spurs right now.

IMO that is Poch's fault. To ask Eriksen to track and defend is like asking Ginola. Not a good idea.

Eriksen should be given a free role. Asking him to water carry is counter productive. Someone mentioned the miles run. IMO that is a negative. Why is he busting a gut when he is the main player in the squad that should be mostly operating in the final third?

We have more than enough players who are good at tracking, defending, heading and 50/50s etc. I'm not saying Eriksen ignore the rough stuff 100%. But he should not spend so much time in and around our penalty box because him being there is a false positive. It makes people who can defend thinking "he's got this" when he doesn't.

The same can be said of Lamela. He is game but he's just not built for it. He threw Walker under the bus yesterday because our right side was wide open. I know it worked against City, but Eriksen and Lamela together is risky because it means a third out our midfield is powderpuff and that leads to problems. Man City would have been a different proposition if Toure had stayed on.

The good news is even with weak midfields, we can still compete away from home against good teams like Swansea. Take the OG away and it was a win.

Hopefully Poch realizes that square pegs in round holes is the only issues he has at Spurs right now.

There is an element of tracking back required which ever your position is within the team. I agree that our wide men need to help the full backs more and this was evident yesterday.
It's a fine balance to get right in the team, have our attacking players track back and doing defensive work or have them pressing for the ball high up the pitch.

At least Eriksen free kick taking is great yet again. He is deadly outside the box with free kicks. Shame we couldn't get the win yesterday but a draw is always a good result away from home in the prem.

You guys chat pure crap some times lamela left walker under the bus first of all montero stayed upfield the whole game do you want lamela to babysit him plzz the problem is when Chadli plays 90 percent of the time he doesn't switch positions with lamela Kane or erikssen so a lot of time lamela move to the middle Erickson drops back for the ball but Chadli doesn't move to the open space so the other team just keeps attacking that space which montero took up if son was playing that shot wouldn't happen

Back
Top Bottom