Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another poor game from him. Really need him to get out of this funk Sunday.

I don't really agree. They were really trying to mark him out of the game, and he was playing out a bit wide, so it wasn't a particularly influential performance from him, but he had some real moments of quality on the ball.

He's also handicapped a bit by not having our other attacking geniuses out there to vibe with him.

I don't really get it either. The system doesn't suit him. He has crap players around him. I'm actually the first to criticise Eriksen when we have the front three, as he is the slowest on the counter and should be playing deeper when they are in the team. But without the front three he needed to be the second striker VdV style with a good target man Crouch style. He was trying to assist a fucking potato.

He's not been up to his high standards in the last few games. I wonder if his mind is elsewhere? Really the only point of note was his cross for Dele's goal against Fulham, and an OK second half last night.

It shows the effect of a threadbare squad and no competition for places. If he's fit, he plays.

When he goes to RM (or Barca, PSG etc), two poor games in a row and he 'll find himself on the bench.

There was a moment last night where he held of Gary Coleman and another chav player on the touchline about four or five times. It was sublime and had David Silva or Pogba done it, the jizz tsunami coming from the media would be unstoppable.

There was a moment last night where he held of Gary Coleman and another chav player on the touchline about four or five times. It was sublime and had David Silva or Pogba done it, the jizz tsunami coming from the media would be unstoppable.

Yep, then released Winks who did not see Dier burst through the middle and just lost possession

And very nearly did it
I don't really get it either. The system doesn't suit him. He has crap players around him. I'm actually the first to criticise Eriksen when we have the front three, as he is the slowest on the counter and should be playing deeper when they are in the team. But without the front three he needed to be the second striker VdV style with a good target man Crouch style. He was trying to assist a fucking potato.
Should have chipped it...

Well on the positive, if Eriksen, Lamella & Llorente get some more time on field together the link up play should improve and with that the current team.
Lamella & Llorente both need confidence and match fitness, it should come as little surprising they're not going to hit the road running, but maybe they in 3 games time could start working enough for the team to stay top 4 the rest of the season.

Poch has already said he's rested him because he's tired.

Nothing wrong with that when we have a much bigger and important game coming up in the week. Hopefully the rest does him good, he's been below average recently.

Watford isn't more important than FA Cup.

When your boss tells you that the league and qualifying for the Champions League are your priorities, it most definitely is.

Unless you're telling me that Pochettino would leave Eriksen and Alderweireld at home and rest Lloris, Rose and Winks for a league game?

Back
Top Bottom