Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I found the interview in danish and it's far from what the english media is reporting.

- Nothing was said about his spinal cord, he has a problem with one of his abdominal muscles
- The injury isn't chronic but could become so, which is what we're worried about
- Hareide says the injury is long-term because Eriksen's been out for two weeks, but at the same time says he's tried to tempt Eriksen into playing in Dublin. Don't think you should read much into that comment

It’s time to take a harsh line and just leave him out completely. We have to go cold turkey. It’s embarrassing to see us wheel out a player who doesn’t want to be at this club anymore.

The only players who should be on the grass are the ones that care about Tottenham more than any other team, not people who go to bed at night thinking about Real Madrid.

I've just seen what happened.

To clarify its definitely a sudden cardiac arrest. All his symptoms of the episode point to that. There is no doubt the Muamba incident has resulted in improved medical attention.

As a professional in this field I have to say the fact he is stable and talking so quickly means that there is a good chance for him to make a full recovery. There are doubts that he will play again though. I don't think that matters, he's managed to get through the crisis period of an episode like this.

There is no way you can predict this, an episode like this does not present any symptoms. He is not even someone we would consider in a high risk group, unless he has a familial risk which obviously is not public knowledge. He will have been through screening before, but sudden cardiac episodes are devastating purely for the fact you can't predict them.

He's not out of the woods yet, next 48 hours are important. Surprised that the Denmark and Finland game is back on.

This will also affect other players who are close to him e.g. Kane, Toby, Verts, Inter and Ajax boys. The good news is that he is conscious!

Hang in there Maestro.

:kaboullol: :adelol:
7BaJf7U.png

I am a new member hallo everyone, interesting what Tottenham fans are saying about Eriksen. I might as well be honest, im Danish and are mostly here on this forum cause of Eriksen. I was a Tottenham fan as a kid, when ardilles was at the club. Im mostly a fan of the sport itself and of course Eriksen and Tottenham. i absolutely love intelligent football players, players who see things that the others don't, my favourites before Eriksen, who I've followed since he shortly moved To OB the biggest club on my Island when he was 15 i believe he was. Platini, Laudrup, Zidane(my all time favourite) and now Eriksen, many Tottenham fan says it very precise- he makes Tottenham tic. He's the offensive heartbeat of Tottenham, the clue that makes it a flowing unity. A football player has the ball average about 2 min in a game, one of the most important things is running without the ball. And what running he does ,not only is he the player that run the most in the league, he also runs the right way almost every time. He creates so much space for the other players with his runs, that he creates many changes without having the ball. All players do, he just do it more. He thinks so fast and sees things and spaces and sometime seems like he has eyes in the back of his head. And what i think is one of the most beautiful things about his play is that he picks the simple or holistic solution almost every time. And he is a team player. He don't care about goals and stats. He want to take solution on a football pitch, that increases the chance of the team to succeed. nothing else matters to him. He is the most intelligent(not the best) but most clever football player in the world right now. Well thats my opinion. Nice to be here on this interesting forum. Ps he won't lieve Tottenham unless Barcalona(maybe Real, but not even sure about that) will want him bad enough. Or maybe if levy won't pay him enough, not because i think he care to much about money but i think he want them to admit he is as valuable as Kane, in my opinion he is more important than Kane. I have watch most of Tottenhams games since both of them ´became starters and then stars and i most say that, in gennerally, when Eriksen plays well the whole team play well, with or without Kane. When he is not playing or he rarely has a of day. Tottenhams play looses its flow, this year is the first time without him for a longer period. and we have been winning tight because of individual skill but without the spark that Eriksen gives Tottenhams play. So offer him as much as Kane and hope that Barcelona won't show up.

Do everything possible to keep him.

Don't even entertain the idea of him going until it's decided that he definitely wants out.

Yeah life will go on but how about avoiding the setback at all.

Last edited:
Danish invasion incoming in 3...2...1....

Another newbie Dane showing up to give some input into the Eriksen situation. Although I'm no more a newbie than I've been lurking for a few months, and have been a fan for the best part of 30 years.

I agree with a lot of Vikingsen has said. I would add that an overlooked factor in the debate is what it means that he's Danish.

Take Kane as the most comparable of our players right in terms of how sought after, they would be with 18 months on their contracts. Kane is living in his hometown, playing for his childhood club, whereas Eriksen left his country as a teen, so has already been forced out of his comfort zone all of his adult life to realize his ambitions. Kane has a realistic chance for glory with his national team, while Eriksen will need a major miracle for that, so he'll need to earn major trophies at clubs (and by extention likely need huge club success to earn major individual recognition).

Also, for Kane or any other Englishman if you abandon your "own" team for say United, you'll be one in an endless line, while it'll be something special were you to do so as a Dane. Outside of England, there's something iconic about Real and Barca here in Denmark, as I'm experiencing the football community, the press, and the general public. English football as a whole is iconic in Denmark, because it was televised decades before other foreign leagues, but more as a universal thing, just as much about Wolves, Leeds etc as about a few select teams. Although very few as dominant figures in the leagues, there's been an absolute onslaught of Danish players in England. In Spain two of the greatest ever Danish players represented Real and Barca in the late 70's and early 80's, and then there was Michael Laudrup. His fame coincided with Spanish footie coming to Danish television. Seeing a Danish player being such a dominant figure for two such iconic clubs was special to most, and perhaps many thought we'd never see it again, which is something Eriksen will be aware of, despite leaving Denmark at a young age. In many ways, he's carrying the (football) hopes of a nation, but in the national team and with his club team. Those three players (Jensen at Real 70's, Simonsen at Barca 70's/80's and Laudrup) are the only three Danes to represent those two clubs (barring me forgetting someone obvious and excluding few-appearence-players). Oh, and the strange case of Thomas Gravesen being signed by Real. Which is relevant, because Eriksen would have been his early teens (if my quick head maths in corrects) and still in the Denmark at the time. Despite the sense of what the actual fuck are they signing him for, there was a serious case of everyone going nutter butters with some "finally Denmark has another Real Madrid player" euphoria going on here, which Eriksen will have noticed very much. He'll have been too young to experience Laudrup, but any Dane with a football interest will be aware of his legacy.

I'm not advocating that he should go, but there's more to it, than meets the eye, I'd say. He has a shot at becoming the greatest Danish player ever, and might be thinking he'll need to leave us to do so.

Aside from the obvious points of a meeting of minds regarding money, and Eriksen seeing us showing enough ambition and/or intent, then it all comes down to how much the lad values living - continuing to live - a settled life right now versus seeking legacy.

Sorry for the long-winded first post

also.. nerd.. I just got the latest fifa (shite all difference). Started a season with Spurs, sold CE to united for £55m and got Bruno Fernandes and Depay for £70m...

Then I changed the difficulty from Pro to Levy

Ended up with Joe Allen and Benteke.

Back
Top Bottom